IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

my wife has some 18K gold leaf, what if I coated the stearing wheel and the pedal with that.

then sprayed it with some kind of clear lacquer to protect it.

how much do you think I could sell it for?

$1000 or so?

All sarcasm aside, if you did a good job with that, I actually think you could get over 200$ for it on eBay, as a curiosity piece. But it would need to be a professional-style coating job. :)

lol, I actually did show my wife the posting and the gold comment from the other member.

she's the one that suggested we do one in gold leaf.

perhaps I will have her really do it and post it.

but if i'm gonna do it, it's got to be in 24k gold leaf. it's not that much different

in price to do.

my wife has some 18K gold leaf, what if I coated the stearing wheel and the pedal with that.

then sprayed it with some kind of clear lacquer to protect it.

how much do you think I could sell it for?

$1000 or so?

cicatrizesdesenhos_clip_image010.jpg

lol, I actually did show my wife the posting and the gold comment from the other member.

she's the one that suggested we do one in gold leaf.

perhaps I will have her really do it and post it.

but if i'm gonna do it, it's got to be in 24k gold leaf. it's not that much different

in price to do.

But will it be a working EM#2 unit? ;)

The price sure is... but ya now that you mention it, it kinda does...

I thought the same thing, too when I saw the pictures. So what is the story on this item? I know they were made by CollectorVision but how much did they originally go for? This looks nice and everything with the custom made label, but to be honest, the hardware doesn't seem that expensive to put together. I used to buy Happ joysticks and buttons for next to nothing when I was collecting arcade machines. I can't imagine the original custom stick went for more than $99. I mean, the X-Arcade double with a trackball is $199!

I thought the same thing, too when I saw the pictures. So what is the story on this item? I know they were made by CollectorVision but how much did they originally go for? This looks nice and everything with the custom made label, but to be honest, the hardware doesn't seem that expensive to put together. I used to buy Happ joysticks and buttons for next to nothing when I was collecting arcade machines. I can't imagine the original custom stick went for more than $99. I mean, the X-Arcade double with a trackball is $199!

You can read more about it here :) http://atariage.com/forums/topic/193737-colecovision-arcade-controller-final-prototype/

Ah yes, the price nazis are in full effect. So just to deal with all the misinformation being put out there. The arcade controller is mine. It isn't warped - in fact I can show you the display case where it's been since I purchased it. Never played it in fact. Just displayed it. What else.... oh the price!! Well, guess it cant hurt and since I threw is that little button "make offer", I thought that would keep some of you happy. I don't buy to resale - but, I do expect to see some increase in value. Thought $750 was a good start especially with a "make offer" option.

So I don't know what it is about you so called "picture sleuths" but many of you need to get a life. I find that in life, many people assign to others that which they themselves are guilty of. I dont screw people and my feedback alone on Ebay could tell you that. b

With that out of the way, if you are interested in buying this - contact me. That is except for some of the people who commented on the auction that is.

Edited by playazclub

I don't buy to resale - but, I do expect to see some increase in value. Thought $750 was a good start especially with a "make offer" option.

Perhaps not in the case of this particular item, but I don't think that opening remark quoted above is actually true. The only shame that attaches to reselling stems from its denial.

$750 is a good start. For offer fishing, as you point out.

It's also a ludicrous start. I'm going to point that out.

As to the entire subthread. You know that it's best to just ignore the commentariat. Relative to any prospective eBay sale, it doesn't really matter.

I don't care about people bitching about the price. It was the accusation of me selling something that was less that what I say it is that set me off. Especially knowing with almost certainty that I am part of the community. Heck, take a look at my avatar pic. That's next up. There are those who know what it is and what I paid. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Ah yes, the price nazis are in full effect. So just to deal with all the misinformation being put out there. The arcade controller is mine. It isn't warped - in fact I can show you the display case where it's been since I purchased it. Never played it in fact. Just displayed it. What else.... oh the price!! Well, guess it cant hurt and since I threw is that little button "make offer", I thought that would keep some of you happy. I don't buy to resale - but, I do expect to see some increase in value. Thought $750 was a good start especially with a "make offer" option.

So I don't know what it is about you so called "picture sleuths" but many of you need to get a life. I find that in life, many people assign to others that which they themselves are guilty of. I dont screw people and my feedback alone on Ebay could tell you that. b

With that out of the way, if you are interested in buying this - contact me. That is except for some of the people who commented on the auction that is.

To be fair, I could only comment on what I saw in the photos. But thankfully you've explained and that's all I would need to justify considering making an offer. When you see things on eBay it's very hard to tell what is and isn't legit. We've all been burned, I'm sure. The explanation helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

If it sells for 750.00, at least buy us dinner ...

Is it the coleco addon adam expansion version that plugs into the colecovision. I sold one of those a few years ago. Giant Box I think the shipping weight was like 50 pounds.

It's really nice way to expand the colecovision for sure.