IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Here you go kids....This guy looks like he runs a pawn or thrift store but somehow came across this "Prototype" in quotes.

It is War Room that oddly has giant lettering of "Prototype" on the label and again for a "Prototype" comes with the manual and lookup table as if it were sold normally.  What....No Overlays?

Who knows but not my cup of tea.

He only wants $199.99 and blessed us with free shipping, how generous of the guy.

So if you want this "Prototype" instead of paying your electric bill then here the link..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/War-Room-Prototype-Colecovision-1983-CARTRIDGE-MANUAL-Tested-Works/274076338955?hash=item3fd0390b0b:g:LSYAAOSwePhduyJp

Edited by Mike Harris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Harris said:

I haven't seen this ever on EBAY auctions.

A Complete, in the box DINA 2 in 1.

Too steep for my tastes but some collector might want it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DINA-Telegames-Personal-Arcade-Console-Colecovision-SEGA-SG-1000-READ/274083669018?hash=item3fd0a8e41a:g:BjIAAOSwGrpdwfDc

Less than a year ago I saw a new in box one for like $400. Still too much. That is probably the same one. 

2 hours ago, Swami said:

Less than a year ago I saw a new in box one for like $400. Still too much. That is probably the same one. 

Years before that, Telegames couldn't give these away, new in box and all.  Thought about picking one up but I already had enough actual ColecoVisions so I passed. 

3 hours ago, Mike Harris said:

Just curious and I have no clue where to post this.

Are WE/I supposed to go through this cloudfire check every time WE/I look at a page now?

This is the 21st century and I don't see how this improve the experience other than adding an irritation.

It's DDoS protection for the server.  They are basically verifying that you are a real person trying to view the site and not an automated tool (or botnet) taking up connections.  The improvement in experience comes with the lower load on the server - which means your experience won't slow down when someone is attacking the website.  I suspect AtariAge has seen a performance impact from these types of attacks are are looking to protect themselves.  I only noticed it the first time I started a session - it doesn't recheck on every page load.

-James

• Like 3

On 11/7/2019 at 3:09 PM, Mike Harris said:

Just curious and I have no clue where to post this.

Are WE/I supposed to go through this cloudfire check every time WE/I look at a page now?

This is the 21st century and I don't see how this improve the experience other than adding an irritation.

This was a temporary measure due to a large bot attack against the server that day which was greatly slowing the forum down.  As mingus above stated, you wouldn't have seen that on every page load, but it seems like you're just an unhappy person looking to complain about things, rather than asking why something like this might have been put into place.

..Al

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, rietveld said:

I just answered a local classifieds ad ' colecovision plus extras'. I didn't really need another colecovision ,but it was only 30 mins away, so why not look. 

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/ILuDIdA

Awesome price for $75, appears to be in good shape. It is a ColecoVision plus Expansion Module #3 ADAM computer and even comes with the gray plastic tray. Real cool.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, rietveld said:

Tested..................like as in it can read the cardboard shipping disk?  But, but, the light comes on and not quite sure where the ribbon cable attaches.......

2 hours ago, adamcon said:

Tested..................like as in it can read the cardboard shipping disk?  But, but, the light comes on and not quite sure where the ribbon cable attaches.......

Ya.   I was wondering what the cable was for     didn't know if it was someone here selling it