IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Hey, you finally got a bidder for this box! :thumbsup: Maybe now that the word is out on AtariAge, you will get some more well deserved interest for the auction and further bids to justify your hard work in making it avalable.

I would have snatched this up a while ago for my loose CBS made Yolks on You cart, but I'm in limbo right now until further word is received. :?

Thanks Jim!

I redid this one completely in a new box style compare to the first version J-F did. Also with a better resolution :-) Came out very nice! I nice home for anyone who has the Yolks On You Demo.

Not at all bad considering how hard it is to come by this came in CIB form and a lot of people already have the cart for this game... they just need the box and manual.

Actually, the cartridge is the least valuable of a CIB set and at most worth $15-$20. The Instruction Manual is worth more than the game itself and could sell for in the $20-$30 range. So that leaves the box value in the $200 on up range.

The last one I saw on www.atari2600.com was listed around $230 and it did not last long at all.

Not at all bad considering how hard it is to come by this came in CIB form and a lot of people already have the cart for this game... they just need the box and manual.

Actually, the cartridge is the least valuable of a CIB set and at most worth $15-$20. The Instruction Manual is worth more than the game itself and could sell for in the $20-$30 range. So that leaves the box value in the $200 on up range.

The last one I saw on www.atari2600.com was listed around $230 and it did not last long at all.

Defintely sound reasoning. Makes a lot of sense what you are saying, but after playing games for so many years, it is REALLY tough to accept the idea that the least important part of a game collection is the game iteself. I collect loose when I find it, but try to get CIB when possible. Boxed prices like this make it really frustrating. :mad:

Edited by Atari_Bill

I, and many others that collect for the CV, know all too well your frustration with the price of CIBs or for that matter just the box. It's the money pit of a hobby that we got ourselves into especially when it comes to these rarer CIBs that could have been had back in the day for under $10 in quantity.

I, and many others that collect for the CV, know all too well your frustration with the price of CIBs or for that matter just the box. It's the money pit of a hobby that we got ourselves into especially when it comes to these rarer CIBs that could have been had back in the day for under $10 in quantity.

That's why if I can get this damn time machine to work my collecting will be so much easier :lol: :thumbsup:

Check the dip switches on your flux capacitor. ;)

Better yet, Rellik111, use some of those 30th Anniversary Patches to fuel your Way Back Machine. That should do the trick to get you to 1985 when everything was being discounted heavily, but the only problem is that you can't bring anything with you, even clothes. It's an unwritten law about time travel that isn't shared with first timers so that means you'll be in your birthday suit :-o and have to be very creative as far as raising some much needed capital to buy those games.

When you are there, can you check around for a ColecoVision KIOSK and if you are lucky, put it in one of those long term storage units for me?

Better yet, Rellik111, use some of those 30th Anniversary Patches to fuel your Way Back Machine. That should do the trick to get you to 1985 when everything was being discounted heavily, but the only problem is that you can't bring anything with you, even clothes. It's an unwritten law about time travel that isn't shared with first timers so that means you'll be in your birthday suit :-o and have to be very creative as far as raising some much needed capital to buy those games.

When you are there, can you check around for a ColecoVision KIOSK and if you are lucky, put it in one of those long term storage units for me?

Don't worry I already have a plan ;) :thumbsup: swallow some diamonds go back in time, shit them out, buy all the games, hide them in a special and secret spot, go back to the future, and done. I have the ultimate Colecovision Collection :grin: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Don't worry I already have a plan ;) :thumbsup: swallow some diamonds go back in time, shit them out, buy all the games, hide them in a special and secret spot, go back to the future, and done. I have the ultimate Colecovision Collection :grin: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

While you are there....

Go in NY to meet the Greenberg bros and tell them to release the Super Game Module!

Also tell them to not rush the release of ADAM and pursue works in video games instead of dolls and toys

:D

• Like 1

You can travel in time and that's what you are going to do with it?

You can travel in time and that's what you are going to do with it?

What do you want him to do, kill Hitler before he comes to power? :P

Remember time is a very fickle thing and to disturb it in any noticeable way could result in ramifications that none of us would want to see let alone image. On the other hand, saving some unwanted and heavily discounted ColecoVision games from the dumpster in 1985 should be safe enough to do... you would think.

• Like 1

What do you want him to do, kill Hitler before he comes to power? :P

Remember time is a very fickle thing and to disturb it in any noticeable way could result in ramifications that none of us would want to see let alone image. On the other hand, saving some unwanted and heavily discounted ColecoVision games from the dumpster in 1985 should be safe enough to do... you would think.

I figured he'd at least want to invest in Apple stock at it's initial public offering.

• Like 1

That is one hell of a collection! :o 6,700 games is a serious collection! Whats crazy, its worth is at least $550,000+ !! :o WOW!

That would be a very large task to calculate a fair price for EVERYTHING and then there would be the issue of paying for some form of contanorized shipping which would run into the tens of thousands. I guess if someone had over a half million dollars to spend, the shipping expense would be chump change to them.

What's get's me is that Ozma Wars favorite line is "life is not so good like in the movies" or something like that and then..... THIS. Life must be pretty good after all.

BTW, after running thru the calculations for some 7,500 items, it comes to roughly $73 an item. Drastically overpriced when you consider it's being sold as one huge lot, but I could be wrong.

For everyone still looking for those super cool ADAM Super Games that come in Arcade Cabinet style boxes, all three are up on eBay right now! The Donkey Kong Junior box looks like it is missing a small part of the box under the marquee area, but it could be pushed up and out of view.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3605921161811?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360592116181&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2611692947261?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261169294726&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3605921189631?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360592118963&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

All starting at the low auction proce of $0.99. BTW, not my auction unfortunately.

I've decided to put up my ColecoVision compatible BIT90 computer. Details about the machine you'll find in the auction description: eBay Seller: retrogamesshop1?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

MINE!!! :D

Seems like everyone is unloading there BIT Computers of late seeing as this is the second BIT 90 that I've seen come available recently and then there was a BIT 60 (Atari VCS compatible) on GameGavel a month or so ago.

Maybe someone with the hardware skills could chime in on whether they think the video issue is really due to the RF hookup to the TV used or if they think it could be the VDP. I know, it would be guesswork, but something is better than nothing, sometimes.

Good luck with the sale Marc.

For everyone still looking for those super cool ADAM Super Games that come in Arcade Cabinet style boxes, all three are up on eBay right now! The Donkey Kong Junior box looks like it is missing a small part of the box under the marquee area, but it could be pushed up and out of view.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3605921161811?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360592116181&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2611692947261?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261169294726&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3605921189631?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360592118963&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

All starting at the low auction proce of $0.99. BTW, not my auction unfortunately.

I guess someone wanted the whole collection on these and did what they had to to get them! Wow. I'd have loved to have gotten that Zaxxon to complete my set but it was just a touch higher than I could comfortably go. Congrats to the winner if their around. These are defintely my favorite Colecovision pieces.

I guess someone wanted the whole collection on these and did what they had to to get them! Wow. I'd have loved to have gotten that Zaxxon to complete my set but it was just a touch higher than I could comfortably go. Congrats to the winner if their around. These are defintely my favorite Colecovision pieces.

Yeah I decided I wanted them and when I want something I get it. :evil:

• Like 1

Yeah I decided I wanted them and when I want something I get it. :evil:

Yep, when I saw that abbrevaited eBay name as the auction winner for the Donkey Kong Jr. Super Game, I knew it was you and that you would be going for the complete trifecta of Arcade Cabinet style boxed games.

Congrats on all the latest pickups, you'll absolutely love them! Glad I had all of them already.

Oh yeah, now that you have some ADAM software, you might as well take the next logical step and buy yourself an ADAM. There's a gentleman in Michigan with an ADAM that is in MINT condition as well as CIB. I've been contemplating picking it up as my Stand-Alone blue lettering ADAM box is rough to say the least, but I'll be more than glad to see you snatch it up! ;)