IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Yeah I decided I wanted them and when I want something I get it. :evil:

Congrats! They're defintely nice pieces. I knew the DK & DK Jr would go for a bit of money but never thought it would pass $120. I got mine on ebay for only like $30 each just a couple years ago. Looks like the Zaxxon will now be my white whale. :mad:

Congrats! They're defintely nice pieces. I knew the DK & DK Jr would go for a bit of money but never thought it would pass $120. I got mine on ebay for only like $30 each just a couple years ago. Looks like the Zaxxon will now be my white whale. :mad:

Yeah I thought they would be in the hundreds as well. Someone else must have wanted them pretty bad.

Anyone see this?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2611693399531?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261169339953&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It appears to be an ADAM tape version of Rolloverture. I've never seen one before.

Shortly after TeleGames started selling ColecoVision games in cartridge form (I could go into very detailed info. concerning their different packaging, if you got a surplus origional cart or a reproduction cart, but that's for another discussion which would be very lengthy), Terry Grantham of TeleGames USA contacted all the major ADAM Users Groups and Mail Order companies (N.I.A.D., M.W. Ruth Co., Alpha-1, ADAM's House, E&T Software) to see what kind of interest there might be in them supplying ADAM Disk & Data Pack versions of all these games that they had acquired the rights to distribute / re-distribute. Suffice it to say that the response and order committments from all these organizations was sufficient for them to convert all the CV games that they acquired the rights to distribute / re-distribute to ADAM format on self-booting media and some even had an animated TeleGames splash screen added before the game loaded. IIRC these ADAM games were made available in late 1986 or early 1987 and they continued to sell them until the early 90's when they finally ended their support of the ADAM. The Data Pack versions were supplied in the familiar green clamshell case with generic grey insert sheet and Disk versions supplied in a zip-lock bag with separate artwork sheets for the front and back and card board inserts to protect the disk... both were supplied with the same instructions as the cartridge games. My A.U.G./Mail order sold large quantities of these ADAM versions up until around 1989 and then the interest dried up.

Unfortunately my collection of these ADAM versions are long gone after I sold my original collection and I am truly amazed that none have surfaced anywhere for sale in the three years that I have gotten back into collecting. I would venture a guess that a couple of the ADAMcon members have some, if not all of them, stored away in their basements and don't even realize they have them.

So, to make a long story short, this version of Rolloverture is a copy of a TeleGames USA release seeing as the label is not correct from what I remember. It is, however, possible that TeleGames USA went to a generic label at the end of their support for the ADAM to save on costs.

• Like 1

How good/average of a deal is this?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2611737712811?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261173771281&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Well I would say normally you can get a cib of roller controller for like 30 - 35 bucks especially with that box in the condition it is in. However as I usually keep track of ebay for things I have noticed that the roller controllers and the driving wheel seem to be getting higher in price. I haven't paid attention to see if they are actually getting sold but they seem to be coming up to the 40 - 50 range.

I would say if you have time to wait you could probably wait for a cheaper one, esp if you don't really care if you get it cib. Also look at 4jays website because I think they used to sell them for cheaper than that, I don't remember if atari2600 site had any.

The victory throw in is really no big deal because you can buy those cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a nice collection of ColecoVision gear at a low starting auction price but shipping is a little high in my opinion. Look very closely for a very rare CV cart....

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1308666099411?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=130866609941&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This remembers that at the end I didn't get that cart from the lot at Mexico.

Well, I'm not really trying to be a collector. So I wish better of lucks for anyone auctioning it

Well, it looks like the "possible" shill bider won the auction and actually cost himself a $200 sale.. which was the next legit looking bid.

That same seller did that to me on a item that I got, same fake bidder driving up the price. I called ebay on it and there looking into it.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Foffer.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewBids%26_trksid%3Dp2047675.l2565%26rt%3Dnc%26item%3D190799385303