IGNORED

Nominate your A8 favourite for upload to Youtube.

oky2000

OK some nob really pissed me off the other day but most of you are adult and friendly enough so.....

My video server is up and running and my Retrogenius Ultimate Atari XL DVD installed. Also some very sophisticated FLV transcoding software going from uncompressed RGB to highly optimised flash video. Combined with my unlimited YouTube account I can upload almost Divx quality A8 gameplay videos (as I am preventing Youtube doing their own AVI 2 FLV butchering)

Test upload in 480p.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00DliQ3J9mE

So what games do you want to see recorded?

some nob pissed you off? on youtube? You made the rookie mistake of reading the comments then.

Just don't read the damn things - the grammar dies off at post #2, someone gets called some slang term for gay by the end of the first page and Godwins rule is pretty much always invoked. Just watch the videos and forget about the text below.

as for the games I'd say 'none of the above' because I've heard of them. Surprise me with something a little obscure :)

some nob pissed you off? on youtube? You made the rookie mistake of reading the comments then.

Just don't read the damn things - the grammar dies off at post #2, someone gets called some slang term for gay by the end of the first page and Godwins rule is pretty much always invoked. Just watch the videos and forget about the text below.

as for the games I'd say 'none of the above' because I've heard of them. Surprise me with something a little obscure :)

No my Youtube fans like Jeri Ellsworth are cool, someone being obnoxious towards my genuine request for A8 project help in here.

Will be giving priority to A8 games not currently recorded to broaden A8 content. After all that's my ethos for my C= videos :)

Will be scanning through my magazines to find things too.

Edited by oky2000

Will be giving priority to A8 games not currently recorded to broaden A8 content. After all that's my ethos for my C= videos :)

You could have a go at the "super IRG" mode games like Gem Drop as these are hard to get a clear capture of without flicker. Nice picture quality on the Dark Chambers one btw.

New Breed Software

Cheers,

Simon

Edited by simonl

You could have a go at the "super IRG" mode games like Gem Drop as these are hard to get a clear capture of without flicker. Nice picture quality on the Dark Chambers one btw.

New Breed Software

Cheers,

Simon

Interesting. Will give that a go, I'm using Atari win800+ presume that's not a problem. Also please state NTSC/PAL please if there's a preference.

I did the intro to Last Starfighter. Happy Memories of my best friends Atari 800 setup :)

Interesting. Will give that a go, I'm using Atari win800+ presume that's not a problem. Also please state NTSC/PAL please if there's a preference.

Probably NTSC would be better (and easier to reencode for YouTube). For the original demo pictures for Technicolor Dream, have a look on Fandal's site here:

Technicolor Dream

I find it slightly disturbing how many of those pictures I remember from the review in Page 6 magazine etc. - obviously made an impression on me at the time!

Cheers,

Simon

Probably NTSC would be better (and easier to reencode for YouTube). For the original demo pictures for Technicolor Dream, have a look on Fandal's site here:

Technicolor Dream

I find it slightly disturbing how many of those pictures I remember from the review in Page 6 magazine etc. - obviously made an impression on me at the time!

Cheers,

Simon

If you're going to vid Gem Drop, I suggest using Altirra ... you can select Frame Blending which will eliminate the flicker.

If not, NTSC is better because the refresh rate will be faster, makes the colors blend better with less flicker.

As a request (I know I wrote it) but maybe you could do up a few levels from my old Sky Scraper turbobasic game ... it's on this forum somewhere. :)

Edited by Synthpopalooza

If you're going to vid Gem Drop, I suggest using Altirra ... you can select Frame Blending which will eliminate the flicker.

If not, NTSC is better because the refresh rate will be faster, makes the colors blend better with less flicker.

As a request (I know I wrote it) but maybe you could do up a few levels from my old Sky Scraper turbobasic game ... it's on this forum somewhere. :)

And where is this Sky Scraper game of whom you speak off? :D

And where is this Sky Scraper game of whom you speak off? :D

Right here: http://gury.atari8.i..._games/6230.htm

Also this thread on AtariAge: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/148369-intro ducing-sky-scraper-20-years-late/

Also got written up in the ABBUC magazine (in German): http://www.abbuc.de/abbucmember_vorschau/abbucmagonline/magazin/099/099.htm

I wrote this back in 1989 in TurboBasic, it's a fairly simple platformer done entirely in Graphics 1, but with 40 levels. Still addictive to me even today. When the game was rescued off of a decaying floppy disk in 2009, I played it in the emulator for the first time in 20 years, and it took me 5 days to beat the game. :)

Edited by Synthpopalooza

New Breed Software

Cheers,

Simon

Wonder if they'll ever finish Cat5Walk. That game's been "coming soon" for a few years...

Do some SSI games. Simulations, war games, RPGs... They're pretty absent on YouTube, except for "Wizard's Crown" and "Eternal Dagger" which are both extensively covered in several series.

Phantasie, Rails West, Cytron Masters, Gettysburg, etc... lot's to choose from: SSI on Atarimania

Edited by MrFish

Do some SSI games. Simulations, war games, RPGs... They're pretty absent on YouTube, except for "Wizard's Crown" and "Eternal Dagger" which are both extensively covered in several series.

Phantasie, Rails West, Cytron Masters, Gettysburg, etc... lot's to choose from: SSI on Atarimania

That was 'Parker on AtariMania', here's SSI 56 games, lots to choose:

SSI on atariMania

That was 'Parker on AtariMania', here's SSI 56 games, lots to choose:

SSI on atariMania

Thanks Jose... I "delayed reaction" copied that link.

Anyway... SSI is too important to be left out...

Technicolor Dream

Cheers,

Simon

2nd Altirra as the easiest way. YouTube won't allow any 50 or 60 Hz upload, they'll get converted (very badly) to 25 Hz. If not using Altirra, you need to apply some blending processing beforehand, in something like Virtualdub.

I've noticed a surprising lack of Getaway! coverage on youtube. Just three videos last time I checked. (two of which are mine)

I have no idea how the game faired worldwide, but I always assumed it was pretty popular, and it's certainly good enough to get more coverage than it gets.

My vids feature more stutter than they should (cheap DVR), and the other video is down right chunky. Some footage of how smooth the game really is would be welcome.

Edited by Reaperman

Technicolor Dream

Cheers,

Simon

Me too, but in Atari User magazine :)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I will try the trick mode games in Win800plus @ 480p and see what happens quality wise with pure uncompressed AVIs.

New Breed Software

Cheers,

Simon

Wonder if they'll ever finish Cat5Walk. That game's been "coming soon" for a few years...

Dunno ... I do talk to Bill Kendrick alot (thanks to all this work I have been doing with Super IRG stuff) and he seems to be focussed these days on a Linux program he wrote called "Tux Paint". But he still does pull out his old Atari 1200XL to play with from time to time.

Thanks. Took a while to configure a level of FLV conversion I was happy with (and hence prevent Youtube butchering my videos) and now I do the same for all machine type videos :)

There was one game I used to play round my friends house which had you as a fireman I think. Anyone remember it?

Will do a few more over the weekend, I can only do Atari games on my video server as the uncompressed video is taxing on the machines during play and the space is just mind boggling (about 1gb a minute!)