IGNORED

Your Atari workplace...

DarkLord

I've just pulled it back online temporarily. My online storage account failed to take the full backup (5.5GB). I've had two goes at it and logged a support call - they reckon they'll have it set for me to try again tomorrow. Sorry, but it will be going down again, but not before I've had some sleep

Edited by Dal_1978

Well I've finally gotten around to setup this system that i picked up in one of my craigslist hauls. I have to admit that I'm an 8bit guy but i've always wanted to jump into this system.

Unfortunately i have no idea what I'm doing lol.

It has a 1040ST, SC1224 monitor, a SuperCharger, SF354 Floppy drive, what looks to be a 5.25 drive (Microbyte By Paradox), A FA-ST Hard Drive by ICD ( 2 hard drives in it) and something called a Power User with a cdrom drive in it. And a shit load of floppies. Came with a null modem, so i kinda figured i could use my laptop with it?

Everything seems to work, but i have no idea how to use that hard drive or the cdrom drive

post-12722-0-24780500-1328050665_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The hard drive needs an hard drive driver, I assume that ICD comes with one, you should find it and run it.

The Cd-rom nneds a driver, too. Usually METADOS does the job, but there is that gret program at anodyne software that makes everything to work (CD-r CD-rw, DVD, ...)

Heh, I know there are probably some "neat" freaks out there among you,

but everytime I get knee-deep into anything Atari, I always wind up

with something that looks like this. Must be Karma. :)

post-5822-0-32328300-1315522475_thumb.jpeg

So what's your Atari workplace look like? :)

I have the same mouse pad :)

At the moment I don't have a dedicated space for retro computers. Maybe one day... :-D

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

this is my small "computer" corner :)

atariSTe.jpg

few facts: :)

- under 4MB STe, there is more than 1500 floppy disks in 5 drawers

- bunch of PC components in middle of table are actual hackhitosh fit in Atari MegaFile30 case

- monitor is Commodore 1084S :P

- and I currently trying to setup Hydra (Netusbee) LAN card

(I can ping localhost but I can not ping any other computer on network?!?! I can not also ping Atari STe from other computers. LED lights on Hydra are all turned on and Orange one blink when I try to ping other computer on network)

Best regards to all Atari ppl out there! :)

Edited by calimero
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My 1040STe.

VERY nice. I like the game pad.

Yeah, where and when did you buy that enhanced gamepad? None of the Atari dealers I knew in this part of NorCal sold those prior to the release of the Jag, and they only sold Jag versions. Were they released "wider" throughout Europe circa 1992? Or is that a custom paint job on it?

It's an Atari Power Pad, released by Atari for the Atari STe and Atari Falcon computers. Not sure if it came out before the Atari Jaguar though. I bought mine from Toad Computers in Maryland, USA, the same day I bought Substation, in 1995. Toad Computers still sold new/old stock STe's, TT's and brand new C-Lab Falcon's, along with used ST and 8-bit stuff and tons of new Lynx and Jaguar stuff as well. I remember they had a stack of them there when I bought mine, next to all the ST/TT/Falcon hardware, software and games.

WP_000145.jpg

It's an Atari Power Pad, released by Atari for the Atari STe and Atari Falcon computers. Not sure if it came out before the Atari Jaguar though. I bought mine from Toad Computers in Maryland, USA, the same day I bought Substation, in 1995. Toad Computers still sold new/old stock STe's, TT's and brand new C-Lab Falcon's, along with used ST and 8-bit stuff and tons of new Lynx and Jaguar stuff as well. I remember they had a stack of them there when I bought mine, next to all the ST/TT/Falcon hardware, software and games.

WP_000145.jpg

Very cool. I heard good things about Toad Computers back in the day. During that period, I was buying most of my stuff from STeve's in Woodland CA. I don't remember him having any of those. I'll have to ask him why he didn't stock those back then since he himself was such an Atari collector [he had an Atari Video Music in the original box]...

I don't remember him having the Falcon games Atari Corp. commissioned for the Falcon in stock until after Atari Corp. was going down...I remember buying Road Riot 4WD and Steel Talons and they came in near translucent white VHS plastic boxes with label inserts...certainly wasn't released by Atari back then...

I got my dark coloured one for £5 a couple of years back from a UK supplier, who is also on Ebay.

Not too shabby! I wish I would've purchased more Jaguar Pro Controllers back in the day...

Stupid question...has anyone converted one of these controllers to work on the 7800? Then again, maybe they'd work better with the 5200...

Edited by Lynxpro

Very cool. I heard good things about Toad Computers back in the day.

Toad was simply awesome. Talked to Dave and Jennifer Troy so many times on the phone,

wonderful people.Some great memories there...I can remember them calling me to let me

know that their first shipment of Jaguar's was in, and did I want one? As well as calling in

an order one day and having Jennifer congratulate me on my first article in Current Notes.

Sure was good times... :)

I visited their store a few times. Dave was a really motivated guy. Very focused fellow.

Ray was their tech. Guy really loved talking about hard drives.

Jen was quiet, smart, cute and taller than Dave if I recall.

I think they also had a boston terrier or some similar dog running about.

Very cool. I heard good things about Toad Computers back in the day.

Toad was simply awesome. Talked to Dave and Jennifer Troy so many times on the phone,

wonderful people.Some great memories there...I can remember them calling me to let me

know that their first shipment of Jaguar's was in, and did I want one? As well as calling in

an order one day and having Jennifer congratulate me on my first article in Current Notes.

Sure was good times... :)

Jen was quiet, smart, cute

Sounds perfect - LMAO.

I did get to visit Toad once. Sadly, it was their closing event. I got to meet Tom Harker of ICD (he came across as a really arrogant prick, and this was before he ripped off dozens of people for hundreds of dollars, taking pre-orders for Catboxes and never delivering). I think this was back in 96. I got to play a beta version of Battlesphere, which is why I went. Spotted a typo in the intro screen which I emailed Stephanie Wukovitz about :) Awesome times indeed.

I did get to visit Toad once. Sadly, it was their closing event. I got to meet Tom Harker of ICD (he came across as a really arrogant prick, and this was before he ripped off dozens of people for hundreds of dollars, taking pre-orders for Catboxes and never delivering). I think this was back in 96. I got to play a beta version of Battlesphere, which is why I went. Spotted a typo in the intro screen which I emailed Stephanie Wukovitz about :) Awesome times indeed.

I don't recall any controversy over the Catbox; I got mine on time back then. As for Battlesphere, when did that finally come out? A decade after the console was dead? The way that game was hyped, you'd swear Jesus programmed it himself. Still never played it, and hell, I've played Tempest 3000 before on an actual Nuon.

My 1040STe.

DSCN0370.jpg

If you don't mind me obsessing over this pic, who made that cool sorta-Atari Space Age joystick?

I'm envious of the SupraDrive. I so wanted that back in the day...didn't get a hard drive until I bought the Falcon...

I don't recall any controversy over the Catbox; I got mine on time back then. As for Battlesphere, when did that finally come out? A decade after the console was dead? The way that game was hyped, you'd swear Jesus programmed it himself. Still never played it, and hell, I've played Tempest 3000 before on an actual Nuon.

The CatBox controversy was long after the originals had been done. It was for a limited re-release. As for the actual BS release date, I honestly don't remember. It was LONG after the console was officially dead. I'll have to dig through my old emails and see if I can find my order confirmation. It was probably late 98, early 99. It is an awesome game, definitely in the top 3 Jag releases IMHO (with T2K being my favourite). Tempest 3000 was also great - I still have my Samsung DVD-N501 player which I got for the VLM2 and T3K. Guess you can say I am a bit of a Minter fanatic.