IGNORED

Problem I/O 50 on PEB reading some program

ti99iuc

Hi !

i have a strange problem, and i do not know how to solve, can you help me to understand ?

i have my PEB that some program read ok and some other let me know the message Error I/O 50

i have read on Disk Memory System Manual that this error is for OLD command (5) and (0) is for "Disk Drive Specified could not be found".

the strange thing is that if i load another file on the same disk this one will load ok...

Not all disks have this problem but i am sure that is not a diskette problem becouse i have backup of some disk and i have the same problems on backup too...

i downloaded the same disk from ebay and writed with another TI99 and i have the same problem when i reading with this one PEB.

so i changed the drive, the Disk controller, the 32Kb, Flex Cable interface, the flat cable for drive and no change, i have always this problem

so i changed the PEB also and i have always this problem... i can catalog the disk good but i have this problem in loading...

what you think can be happended ?

Thankyou.

Edited by ti99userclub

IIRC, IO50 in this instance usually occurs in XB and means means you are trying to load a program image file that is not for XB. It is possible the program must be loaded with Editor Assembler option #5

perfect---- in fact if i load another program will be load ok... well i tried to load in EA5 or EA3, it try to load but stopped with Error 7 :(

however probably the program is in EA... but why not load ?

IIRC, IO50 in this instance usually occurs in XB and means means you are trying to load a program image file that is not for XB. It is possible the program must be loaded with Editor Assembler option #5

perfect---- in fact if i load another program will be load ok... well i tried to load in EA5 or EA3, it try to load but stopped with Error 7 :(

however probably the program is in EA... but why not load ?

Some programs are written with a special loader even though they are EA5, they only work with that loader.

My own WindyXB lower 8K product saved in EA5 format, but would only load what is saved and nothing else.

You may have something like that here, use a sector editor on it like Diskassembler to see.

Some programs are written with a special loader even though they are EA5, they only work with that loader.

My own WindyXB lower 8K product saved in EA5 format, but would only load what is saved and nothing else.

You may have something like that here, use a sector editor on it like Diskassembler to see.

hi RXB, thankyou for your suggestion,

yes i know about loader in fact the problem i have is on the "load" file too... and this is not for one only disk but for some disks...

i inserted the floppy into the drive and powered on in XB for autoload...

instead appear the "Ready" and the prompt...

so i try to load the file manually with OLD CS1.LOAD

but i have an error I/O 50, so i try to load it in EA5 and i have the error 7.

so i take the diskette and etaing now... :x

i tried to copy the diskette in another diskette and the copy goes well...

just the problem remain...

:(