IGNORED

How to improve Defender 1000%

angusjake

I came across a new joystick I have never seen before - an Epyx 500XJ, that has a switch for autofire on it. Highly recommended for Defender or other games that don't have built-in autofire (especially for the $3 I paid). It also has A & B fire buttons, so I thought it might work on the 7800, but it doesn't.

I came across a new joystick I have never seen before - an Epyx 500XJ, that has a switch for autofire on it. Highly recommended for Defender or other games that don't have built-in autofire (especially for the $3 I paid). It also has A & B fire buttons, so I thought it might work on the 7800, but it doesn't.

I believe that model is for the Sega Master System. Works great for the 2600 as well, though. :)

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

This is how I played VCS Stargate back in the day:

Left controller moves the ship as usual, left fire button is for lasers.

Right controller is an Atari trackball, with the nice big buttons.

When you get into trouble, whack one of the big trackball buttons (you could even use a foot like I did as a kid).

This will fire off Smart Bombs until you run out of them.

Then it will activate Inviso until you run out of it.

After that, it will put you into Hyperspace.

That's the progression I use, even with enough buttons to press. The designer really did a great job on the 2600 version.

The Empire Strikes Back (with the snow walkers) is GREATLY enhanced by a rapid-fire plug as well.

This is how I played VCS Stargate back in the day:

{snip}

you could even use a foot like I did as a kid

Hey, hey, hey! I never could quite get the hang of the two controller set-up for Stargate. I am, however, awaiting the delivery of a shiny new foot controller any day now. Perhaps this will finally be the answer that I've been searching for!