IGNORED

Cant COMPILE!?!?! Trouble with visualbb

8bitgnome

HELP. Im sure there are a hundred threads on this, but everthing I hve tried doesnt work. I have batari, visuallbb, visual sound library, stella... I get visual up and running, and If I only hit run.. it will play, but the problems start when I tried to compile. It says it compiles, and then cant locate the bas.bin and could not recompile???????????? or this time it says system path does not include??????. I had this program on an old computer over a year ago wihout problems. But even now I cant use it on my old com, because I even tried loading it on there

I have tried the vb fix and put it into the regedit. Im at a loss. I have tried every fix I could find online. HELP ME OBIWAN YOUR MY ONLY HOPE>>>>>I>>>>>>>>>>>

batari Basic Compiler date (10/17/2011 10:50:06 AM)

Current bB compiler version supports -O option. Peephole optimizer option enabled

Environment variable bB=C:\Users\owner\Desktop\Game maker Master\ATARI MASTER\batari_Basic_version_1.0

Environment variable Path=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Users\owner\Desktop\Game maker Master\ATARI MASTER\batari_Basic_version_1.0

[10/17/2011 8:48:16 PM] added project: Tinkernut World

[10/17/2011 8:48:18 PM] Could not locate tinkernut_world.bas.bin. Attempting recompile...

Compile started at 10/17/2011 8:48:18 PM

Compiling C:\Users\owner\Desktop\Game maker Master\ATARI MASTER\tinkernut_world\Tinkernut World\tinkernut_world.bas

[10/17/2011 8:49:18 PM] saving C:\Users\owner\Desktop\Game maker Master\ATARI MASTER\tinkernut_world\Tinkernut World\tinkernut_world.bas succeeded.

Compile started at 10/17/2011 8:49:18 PM

Compiling C:\Users\owner\Desktop\Game maker Master\ATARI MASTER\tinkernut_world\Tinkernut World\tinkernut_world.bas

[10/17/2011 8:49:32 PM] Could not locate tinkernut_world.bas.bin. Attempting recompile...

Compile started at 10/17/2011 8:49:32 PM

[10/17/2011 8:49:39 PM] saving C:\Users\owner\Desktop\Game maker Master\ATARI MASTER\tinkernut_world\Tinkernut World\tinkernut_world.bas succeeded.

Compile started at 10/17/2011 8:49:39 PM

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/176401-next-version-of-bb/page__st__250

If you want the bleeding edge latest batari basic, the last few pages of this thread helped me out.

However, as of last night visualbb was removed and redownloaded ver (562), and would crash on launch, even after logouts and reboots, but today it runs just fine. Windows (7) will NEVER make sense to me.

Until an installer is created, or things are put in one place, it will be confusing.

I hope others respond.

BTW my Emvironment variable bB is shorter than yours shows. Something like C:\AtariVCS\bB\batari2600.exe BUT my Environment variable Path is HUGE like yours, going into imagicMagic program in program files then windows, win32, etc., on and on, nonsense!

I hate to ask, but I tried what has been posted here. read the thread from first post, and downloaded files, replaced batch ect..... I dont get it? F it. please walk me through step by step(if you can) to the correct downloads of the most likely to function programs... I never had this problem in the past? I dont understand? Am i putting the wrong paths/ variable locations??? Have I somehow not put the right files together? This is getting REALLLLLLLLLY old fast!!

Try compiling from the command-line first to confirm you've actually installed bB correctly.. My guess is it is not ever being compiled because bB isn't installed correctly or you're missing a file. If you post a screenshot of your bB source folder perhaps we can tell. Another thing I noticed is that bB doesn't like path's with spaces and sure enough your path has spaces, "C:\Users\owner\Desktop\Game maker Master\ATARI MASTER\batari_Basic_version_1.0". Do something simple like "c:\atari\bb\". That has been discussed in a number of threads in the past.

-Jeff

wont let me post screen shot. I did move all files to a shorter, no spaced address in my com. Now i still get deleted bins, and now I get a 16 bit incompatability error? I know i have the right stella? And I assumed i had the right files in place? moved my sed. visual sound dll in same folder as visual.

I get it to compile now, but the bin still vanishes?

batari Basic Compiler date (10/18/2011 9:17:25 PM)

Current bB compiler version supports -O option. Peephole optimizer option enabled

Environment variable bB=C:\Users\owner\Desktop\bbatari\bB Windows 7

Environment variable Path=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Users\owner\Desktop\bbatari\bB Windows 7

[10/18/2011 9:27:25 PM] added project: Tinkernut World

[10/18/2011 9:27:28 PM] Could not locate tinkernut_world.bas.bin. Attempting recompile...

Compile started at 10/18/2011 9:27:28 PM

Compiling C:\Users\owner\Desktop\bbatari\tinkernut_world\Tinkernut World\tinkernut_world.bas

2600 Basic compilation completed.

Compile started at 10/18/2011 9:27:50 PM

Compiling C:\Users\owner\Desktop\bbatari\tinkernut_world\Tinkernut World\tinkernut_world.bas

[10/18/2011 9:27:51 PM] Could not locate tinkernut_world.bas.bin. Attempting recompile...

Compile started at 10/18/2011 9:27:51 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, and oh yeah THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you didnt take the time to help me I would never had gotten this to work. Thank you again. Now I can begin making the worst game for atari ever lol, butit will be my bad game.