IGNORED

Air Raid on the eBay - not mine

purduecrum

Nothing more frustrating than "watching" an auction then all of the sudden it's gone. You're left with, "what happened???" Someone bought off the seller.

Great for the buyer, but you did the immoral act. Auctions should be fair game. Ebay should start putting "seller pussed out" instead of "auction no longer available".

• Like 1

I have not pulled the listing. It still shows on my selling page. I'm not sure what is going on. I will update this site as soon as I know more.

Your listing is still up

And nobody is saying you pulled your listing or made a side deal, they are saying that they hate sellers that do that kind of thing

eBay confirmed that there is a glitch in the search function. If you are not loged in and search by game title, it does not show up (they do not know why). If you search by item # it is there.

It's probably due to ebay turning the search engine into crap. That seems to be the trend of the search engine ebay is using. I can't type in "Atari lot" or "Intellivision lot" without having 50+ "See all listings" items scattered throughout the results. It's like they're trying to do the Microsoft approach and assume their users just discovered computers (though with ebay I wouldn't be surprised if that statement was true for most people on there).

Edit: Forgot to say good luck with the sale! Definitely going to watch this and see what it goes for.

Edited by SEgamer

Nothing more frustrating than "watching" an auction then all of the sudden it's gone. You're left with, "what happened???" Someone bought off the seller.

Great for the buyer, but you did the immoral act. Auctions should be fair game. Ebay should start putting "seller pussed out" instead of "auction no longer available".

Not always good for the buyer. In fact, it usually screws them. Remember, side-dealing is just another form of scam. Look at the offer made on this one. $1k, and it's already double that. Really, more than "seller pussed out", the seller should be banned from ebay for pulling that crap. Sad the depths of low people will stoop to over a videogame.

Not always good for the buyer. In fact, it usually screws them. Remember, side-dealing is just another form of scam. Look at the offer made on this one. $1k, and it's already double that. Really, more than "seller pussed out", the seller should be banned from ebay for pulling that crap. Sad the depths of low people will stoop to over a videogame.

don't lose too much sleep over it!

Edited by nofrills100

don't lose too much sleep over it!

I won't. Not a wink.

Am I the only one that doesn't think Air Raid is an Awful playing game?

Yes ;)

And I LOVE the handle. Someone, somehow, make a clearly labeled repro with the fancy T handle. :)

In the boxed Air Raid topic, someone joined saying they own the original mold that made these. Supposedly it was blue because leftover plastic from a run of baby bottles was made to make these. It was a short run of 25 and 1/2 cases (first run?) and he was supposed to make the handle 1" shorther but screwed up. I guess due to that the company never paid him and that was that. I have no idea if any of it was true but it sounded like a good story...

And back onto direct topic, I like how fast the auction price shot from 3 bids for $11 to 17 bids and $765. Who were the first two jokers thinking they could get this for $10???

I have done this before. Not with this specific auction but with others. Here is my logic on it. I like to snipe at the end (pretty much like everybody else) but you have to bid something immediately or the seller might ad a BIN/etc... Just place a little $10 bid as a reminder and then bring the big guns at the end :)

Some lady e-mailed me in a panic that her kid just made a 17,000 bid on eBay. I have been told to cancel the top bid as it seems to be from the same location as the lady who emailed me (I cannot get a response from her). I am waiting to hear back from the 0 feedback bidder to confirm their intentions. There goes my good night of sleep.