IGNORED

Atari 2600 Boulder Dash (R) Announced!

Albert

Feast for your eyes -- details of the tiling engine...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/200783-tiling-engine-details/

I haven't bothered to proof-read it; it's just a stream of consciousness.

Please direct your questions/comments about the engine THERE, and anything about Boulder Dash® HERE.

Cheers

A

• Like 2

I got the cartridge!

As usual I played before reading the manual and I'm very impressioned with the quality.

I'm really not sure if I've played a Boulder Dash game before but I see it's a great game and, if it was the first BD in history, I garantee the franchise would start as strong as it started, to say the least.

Box and manual are also top quality. I'd like to thank everyone envolved.

Now let's see what happens with Konami, Bomberman and great AA programers. ;)

always nothing in my mail box. posted on 21th june.

last tracking 23th june

loose ?

HELP ME please

My guess is it's sitting in customs in France. Unfortunately, tracking for First Class International Mail does not work beyond US borders. To get international tracking, you have to pay for Priority or Express International service, considerably more expensive. I doubt that package has been lost (that doesn't happen too frequently, fortunately), and that you will hopefully receive it soon.

..Al

but what worries me is that it's been over 40 days

usually my parcel from the USA are more than 10 days

I keep you informed

I have the same worries and already contacted Al by email last week about this. My parcel has vanished from the tracking page 30 days ago.

I keep you informed

I have the same worries and already contacted Al by email last week about this. My parcel has vanished from the tracking page 30 days ago.

I keep you informed

While most packages certainly do arrive much faster than 30 or 40 days, I do see some packages taking a month or longer. Out of the many packages I've shipped overseas, it's unusual for packages to never arrive. Not unusual for them to take longer than is typical, though. Especially if they get held up in customs--sometimes customs is slow in notifying the recipient that the package is even waiting in customs.

..Al

Yeah, I can add it to the cart but I can't complete the transaction as I'm told my log in details are invalid. I've tried resetting my password maybe 5 times now but it makes no difference...

Maybe I should just get another web mail account and set up a new store account...

Yeah, I can add it to the cart but I can't complete the transaction as I'm told my log in details are invalid. I've tried resetting my password maybe 5 times now but it makes no difference...

Maybe I should just get another web mail account and set up a new store account...

I'll take a look this afternoon to see what's going on.

..Al

I had a that problem too, when I tried to log in for the first time after creating an account in the store. When you chose a password for the store, it's probably best to use one that consists of only letters and numbers but no punctuation marks and stuff like that. When you try to set a password that contains special characters, the store will tell you everything is fine, but then it won't let you log in with this password, because some of the special characters seem to get messed up when they are stored in the database. The forum can handle these characters nicely though.

PFL, exact same thing happened to me earlier in June of this Summer when I was tryin' to order 3 'homebrews' ['Boulder Dash','Pleiades' for Atari 2600 & 'FailSafe' for Atari 7800] from AtariAge. I had already created the account an' AtariAge sent me an email accepting me an' approving me or confirming my account w/ them. Went to order the 3 'Homebrews' from AA's page using the 2 'slots' that r on the right-hand side of the page- under 'Username' and 'Password'...which show up on the right-hand side of the page under "The Store Section!" Same thing happened to me time & time again: "Invalid Information or Invalid Password" kept "Popping Up!"I too, changed my "Password" almost countless times! Still, the same problem kept Happening!! Finally, feeling dissapointed an' a little frustrated..."it came to me"...after discussing it with the "Good Lord"..."avoid" using (for the time being...maybe..'till "Al" looks into it)..."avoid" using those 2 'slot places' for 'Username' & 'Password'..which are on the 'right-hand side' of the page...under "Store!" I checked it out.. an' when I used these 2 'Slots' fer 'Username' & 'Password' on the right hand side of the page under "Store"...under "Password"...it only held 11 digits or 'characters!' So what I did was..."Not Use" those particular Username & Password 'slots' on the right side of the page under "Store!" "It came to me"...jus' do the "Order"...so I went to "Store"..."picked out the 3 Games I wanted" with their prices etc. and they were all in my "Shopping Cart" and then I did the "Shipping" amount...The "Total" showed up on the "AtariAge Page" and then I 'clicked on' "Checkout". At the time, I completely 'ignored' the 2 "Username" and "Password" "Slots" that are on the right-hand side of the page under "Store!" I jus' began doing the 4-5 or 6 Step Process that "shows up" after u click on "Checkout". I believe that all "comes up" on like the next page (which is like a 'full page'...where you have to fill in or fill out yer Information on yerself n' such! Right above all that 'Registration-Type" page or 'stuff'...like above 'this stuff'...'kinda'...in the middle of the page..'but above'...is another place where u can put in yer "Username" and yer "Password"...(I think the "Username" is to the left & yer "Password" is to the right a little bit...'but above!' And I also noticed that on this particular 'Password' 'Slot'...it held "more than" 11 characters or digits!! Anyway, I was able to do all that an' go thru all the AtariAge Order Steps and I payed with PayPal...and...it was "All Successful" an' Everything!!!! I "Submitted" the whole Order and it was "done and processed"..."successfully ...for me..."Thank the Good Lord!!!" Right after that, I immediately got an email from both "PayPal"..and "AtariAge" Confirming my AtariAge order...an' that AtariAge was 'Processing it'...and making it ready fer 'Billing' and fer 'Shipment' to me..."So it was all confirmed by AtariAge...and it all came out "Good!!"(Incidently, where I used the "Username" & "Password" 'Slots' (on the bigger registration info page..'up above'...'special' characters,marks or punctuation ..was accepted!! "Albert" emailed me to let me kno' that he mailed my AtariAge package out to me...and "I got everything!" "That's Great!!" I kno' we don't kno' each other...but, "I want it to be "Great for you too..."PFL"...and "Others" who might want "BD" or any other Atari 2600 or Atari 7800 homebrew!!! "Al" mentioned in his email...that he's..."mailed-out"...over #200 parcels of the "brand new" "Boulder Dash" - A 2600!!!...I sure hope "You get one"..."PFL!!!!" So maybe...you could try what I tryed...and it "Worked!!" "Wanted to "Help!!!" "I kno' "this is a ..."lengthy READ"...but, "hope" it "helps you"...and "Others!!!" "God Bless You n' Yours!!!"

Well thanks for the help Life's Continues. It seems to have worked for me. :)

Now, I'm hoping that the order goes through successfully. And just as an extra treat, I bought myself an AA t-shirt too. :)

I keep you informed

After about 6 weeks Boulder Dash finally has arrived! :grin:

And it even works, although it was packaged together with 3 magnets. :twisted:

I had to pick it up at my nearest post office and pay 17.41EUR taxes. :thumbsdown:

I'll reserve a whole evening for playing it this week. ;-)

Thanks to Al, Andrew and Thomas for their efforts, be it programming or doing the logistics. :thumbsup:

I'm still a little worried. I haven't recieved an order confirmation from the store. Is this normal? I'm getting a little paranoid now that the game will sell out and I'll still think I'm waiting on one even though the order has failed.

I still can't log in to the store in the normal manner either... :(

I'm still a little worried. I haven't recieved an order confirmation from the store. Is this normal? I'm getting a little paranoid now that the game will sell out and I'll still think I'm waiting on one even though the order has failed.

The order did go through, and you should have received an email confirmation from the store. It's possible it was marked as spam, depending on your email provider, so I'd take a look your spam folder if you have one.

..Al