Gaztee

Hello!

If you can wait just a wee bit longer, I will be offering them in the US as soon as they arrive :)

I have sent the parcel 2 weeks ago, but christmas season always slows transportation down during december. But i guess for a northamerican customer waiting for its arrival at Console5.com/FABombjoy and then ordering from him is still faster than ordering from UK or Germany.

Kind regards

Matthias

• Like 1

Hello!

...I wish they were called Normal and Hard - I find Easy to be a more enjoyable game, but I'm probably just getting old for super sharp reaction stuff... I just don't like knowing I'm playing on "easy" :lol:

"Normal" is called normal because it's the way the original game plays on the Falcon (speedwise and the number of enemies), in "Easy" the ball speed is slowed down and there is only one enemy.

Best regards

Matthias

Edited by Matthias

Hello!

Were you having performance problems? 1200 Hz sounds slow to me (the ST keyboard controller uses 2000 Hz or more, and it still has problems with high-resolution mice).

No, i just thought 1200 Hz would be fine. With double-oversampling this should still allow 600 movement-signals per second (left/right signals of a real digital mouse).

Question is, how fast do such PS/2-Mouse-adapters send their (converted) signals?

Kind regards

Matthias

Question is, how fast do such PS/2-Mouse-adapters send their (converted) signals?
It depends on the mouse and on the adapter's firmware (I wrote the firmware for a PS/2-to-ST mouse adapter a few years ago).

- there are several mouse parameters that can be controlled through PS/2 commands (resolution, sampling rate, non-linear scaling), so different adapters can use different configurations. Additionally, some PS/2 mice seem not to implement some commands (they accept it but don't actually change the setting).

- the adapter may implement software scaling, non-linear curves and/or pulse rate-limiting to make the cursor movement more "natural", and to avoid generating pulses that are too fast to be taken into account by the computer.

So, it's not possible to answer that question without knowing which mouse and adapter is used. I know of several ones for the ST and the Amiga, and in most cases the documentation doesn't tell you the technical details, so it would be necessary to test them.

As a reference point, here are the settings I used for my firmware : 200 Hz sampling rate, 1:1 scaling, either 100 or 200 DPI resolution (there was a jumper on the PCB to let the), 1953 Hz pulse rate.

• Like 2

that I don't... sorry - sold out and the guy who makes them can't sell them to me at a good price, cuase they are quite labour intensive.

Can sell you the mk 2 Atari mouse if your interested but the adapter is probab;y the best best.. try Rupert at AtariFreakz

i dont know about that, when i took apart starcats adapter, all that there was inside was :

1 9 pin male d plug

1 15 pin male d plug

4 lengths of wire (soldered badly to appropriate pins)

1 plug housing

if there is a market for these i may whip up a batch, what sort of prices would people pay for this anyway?

It depends on the mouse and on the adapter's firmware (I wrote the firmware for a PS/2-to-ST mouse adapter a few years ago).

- there are several mouse parameters that can be controlled through PS/2 commands (resolution, sampling rate, non-linear scaling), so different adapters can use different configurations. Additionally, some PS/2 mice seem not to implement some commands (they accept it but don't actually change the setting).

- the adapter may implement software scaling, non-linear curves and/or pulse rate-limiting to make the cursor movement more "natural", and to avoid generating pulses that are too fast to be taken into account by the computer.

So, it's not possible to answer that question without knowing which mouse and adapter is used. I know of several ones for the ST and the Amiga, and in most cases the documentation doesn't tell you the technical details, so it would be necessary to test them.

As a reference point, here are the settings I used for my firmware : 200 Hz sampling rate, 1:1 scaling, either 100 or 200 DPI resolution (there was a jumper on the PCB to let the), 1953 Hz pulse rate.

this is what i have been using: http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=88

however like you say there are no specs about what it produces...

There's 8 wires (or 7 if you don't bother with the RMB), the 4-wire adapters were for the 2600 driving controller and light guns. That's twice as much work! ;-)

maybe, it was a very long time ago i took it apart, i still think i could knock out at least 5 in 30 mins if i had to

• Like 1

I have sent the parcel 2 weeks ago, but christmas season always slows transportation down during december.

Probably all for the best, the USPS postal smashing machine was in full force during December. I've never encountered so many damaged parcels in one month.

Now for the good news: Impulse X has arrived and is ready to ship!

Hello all!

On the day I finally ordered a rotary controller for the Jag, this becomes available! Whoo- Hoo! Order placed w/Console5 - cant wait!

Now that a lot more Impulse X CDs can find new homes i hope to see a lot of new entries in the online highscore lists too!

Bye!

Matthias

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bug? This is the first I've heard of it. I bought the cd from 16/32, so do i need to get a replacement?

That's where I got mine from and I received an email that the replacement CD had been shipped. I'm not sure how they are handling the shipping of the replacements but I'd expect to get a message from them.

A bug was found in the higher levels under a specific set of cirsumstances, Mattias corrected this as soon as he found out. He provided me with replacements (same high quality pressing as before) last weekend.

I am currently sending out replacement disks as they have been provided by Mattias and emailing folk when I send them.

I am a little behind (due to RL work) but the last will be sent out over weekend.

There is no cost and no charge...

Nick

• Like 1