IGNORED

COD MW3

Tr3vor

l8fbs.jpg

Yeah, me and my buddies were excited for it.

In a very unbiased opinion, if this were any other game I'd be perfectly content with what I bought. But I expected a little more out of the Call of Duty franchise, they seemed to stick with what was comfortable/successful and they didn't really push any boundaries. The multiplayer is basically a Modern Warfare 2 map pack, although I do like what little I've done in the campaign so far. Too early to say if I love it or hate it, but for being "the most anticipated game in video game history" it's slightly lack luster.

Notes so far playing through the campaign:

-The AI are pretty intelligent, and actively participate in the fight. And when you move up, they'll move with you. When you hang back, they will too

-Sound is amazing, when a grenade blows up the pictures damn near fall off my walls

-I really have no idea why they put the "this level contains graphic violence, and can be skipped". In the last modern warfare, that warning was definitely warranted. I think they only included it in this game because it created such a splash last time, or did I miss it or something?

-The start of the campaign was pretty interesting and exciting, but now it's starting to get a little generic and uninteresting...

Edited by Itchy Koala

Notes so far playing through the campaign:

-The AI are pretty intelligent, and actively participate in the fight. And when you move up, they'll move with you. When you hang back, they will too

-Sound is amazing, when a grenade blows up the pictures damn near fall off my walls

-I really have no idea why they put the "this level contains graphic violence, and can be skipped". In the last modern warfare, that warning was definitely warranted. I think they only included it in this game because it created such a splash last time, or did I miss it or something?

-The start of the campaign was pretty interesting and exciting, but now it's starting to get a little generic and uninteresting...

you will see why, that one mission actually sort of disturbed me a bit...

I'm playing the muliplayer only of course, but yes it definitely has all the feel of being "MW2 v1.5" where they hired some young talent to add on the extra ideas and shove it out the door based upon the previous work.

But on that note that's not necessarily a bad thing if you a COD multiplayer fan (at least not yet) because it's still fun to play and competitive. So take it for what you will.

Edited by NE146

I've just started playing some, on both the Wii and Xbox, and am enjoying the single player campaign so far. I'm not that far into the game but I did like the underwater and mini-tank sequences.

Haven't tried any multi-player yet... I totally suck in online competitions and am reluctant to torture myself by playing them... but did try a few waves of solo Survival and while it was interesting, it felt too much like Zombies to me.

The only thing about MW3 that I find fault with is that there is no "Combat Training" mode included like the one in Black Op's. I really enjoyed CT as it gave me a feel for the multiplayer maps and their layouts. Playing CT gave me enough of a confidence boost that I actually went into multiplayer matches and was able to not totally humiliate myself a majority of the time.

I realize that Treyarch did Black Op's and Infinity did MW3 but I still miss Combat Training.

Mendon

I realize that Treyarch did Black Op's and Infinity did MW3 but I still miss Combat Training.

Mendon

That's the problem with two companies participating in the same franchise. Treyarch has it's strong points, and so does infinity ward; yet they refuse to merge ideas. In my fantasy land I would love if the next call of duty had:

-Nazi Zombies by Treyarch

-Combat Training by Treyarch

-Campaign by Infinity Ward

-Spec Ops by Infinity Ward

-Participation from both sides on multiplayer (XP based, get rid of those "cod dollars", but keep the wager wars)

That my friend, would be one gold nugget game.