IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim discussion

moycon

Anyone have quest items stuck in your inventory? Ive already finished a certain quest where you shove a sword into a rock. I returned to this area on a separate quest to find the "boss" reanimated, so I killed him again and looted his body. Now I have 2 of these swords in my inventory and cant get them out, even though the actual quest item is still in the rock.

On a separate note, Unrelenting force is amazing. I love shouting enemies off the mountainside, bridges etc.

Edited by Skarrj

On a separate note, Unrelenting force is amazing. I love shouting enemies off the mountainside, bridges etc.

I just learned how to do that. So far I've only been able to use it on a few monsters in a cave. I need to find a cliff or a bridge where I can wave goodbye to some bad guys as they fall to their deaths.

I got the reanimate the dead spell.....Amazing....just so nice to see that I can have some unhired help to fight along side me. I just wish they would stay around longer....

Also just got done with my first major quest. The dungeons are amazing.....! I am now able to purchase a home from the dragon area....

Cant wait!

Edited by Chris Leach
  • Like 1

So I guess the moral of the story is that some quests need to be completed or the game won't open up some storylines or features. The problem is: how can you tell which quest to complete to avoid the little problems like I encountered?

A good rule of thumb is if you get a quest specific companion (as you did for the Companions quest), complete their quest before you do anything else.

so im 50 hours in and I have a problem with the city of markath. Ive completed a quest there and my name was suposed to be cleared..however in wasnt. The guards say they are going to take me back to jail but never actually do. If I try to walk away they keep running back to me with the same dialogue, if I run the entire city attacks me. Im kinda screwed now because any quest that takes plce in the city I cant complete.

Unrelated, I was just about to kill off a taget in a town when a dragon landed and ate my target. thank you random dragon for helping me avoid a hefty bounty. I felt compelled to let this one go to fight another day.

One piece of advice, dont ever leave anything in a chest that isnt yours. I know this should be obvious, but some other forums have said that if you have a key to an area, your stuff should be safe. I thought the abandoned shack that was given to me would be fine so i stashed a hell of alot of gear in it. Man was I wrong.

One piece of advice, dont ever leave anything in a chest that isnt yours. I know this should be obvious, but some other forums have said that if you have a key to an area, your stuff should be safe. I thought the abandoned shack that was given to me would be fine so i stashed a hell of alot of gear in it. Man was I wrong.

Damn that sucks. I loved doing this in Morrowind. In the large city, can't recall its name but it was made up of a bunch of stone buildings in water connected by bridges, I stored all my valuable crap I didn't want to loose in vault in one of the buildings. It was great, I broke in initially and ransacked the place then continued to use it for my own personal storage. :P

I left stuff in a chest in that secret room owned by a certain woman and my stuff was fine. After I bought a house for 5,000 bucks, it took about 4 trips to transfer all of my stuff to my new house.

my stuff stayed there for quite a while untouched, but I went there tonight to move my cache to an official new home and it was all gone, except for one lame book.

Edited by Skarrj

While it kind of sucks to loose your stuff at a "not your's" place, it does make sense I mean, people won't (or shouldn't) be stealing from your house, but out in the wild what's mine is mine and what's your's is mine :lol:

Actually, I think what it is, is dungeons get restocked with badguys and treasures if you don't visit them for a certain length of time (one week in game...I think) If you visit more often, it resets the reset clock and your good for a while more. I could be wrong, but I think that's what it did on Oblivion....Morrowind seemed to permanently leave a place cleared out, or I may be remembering wrong.

Of course, ever since I could buy a house, I've always made one of my personal first objectives to buy a house. At dragons keep you can buy one for $5000 (and $3000 ish for the decor that goes in it) I don't know about others, but many towns will probably have one.

The abandoned house in Markarth can be used as its containers are non-respawning. A quest must be completed first. The abandoned shack is included in the UESP list of houses in the free shacks section, which are described as containing "a bed and a few non respawning containers", but it does not say which containers might be respawning and which aren't. The safest bet is to buy a house or use faction provided quarters.

The abandoned house in Markarth can be used as its containers are non-respawning. A quest must be completed first. The abandoned shack is included in the UESP list of houses in the free shacks section, which are described as containing "a bed and a few non respawning containers", but it does not say which containers might be respawning and which aren't. The safest bet is to buy a house or use faction provided quarters.

Ive left some things in the abandoned house and they still remain for now...the shack is a nogo though

Not sure if I have a broken quest or not.

I've been walking around with Pantea's Flute for quite some time now and don't remember even where I got the damn thing. Decided to clean up some of my Misc. quest's and one was to seek out the Bard's College. I quickly became a member there and one Bard lady walked up to me and said she lost or had stolen Pantea's Flute and for me to go find it for her.

Well, I've got the flute in my inventory (you can't remove quest items) but I can't give it to her. Every time I speak with her, she just says a couple sentences and walks on with NO option's for me to have a conversation with her. I look at the quest and tell it to "show me on the map" and nothing appears.

Sigh... gonna have to go to GameFAQ's and see if I can discover where I found the flute and return to that spot to see if I can fix this quest.

Anyone else run into quests that for some reason don't work?

Mendon

Not sure if I have a broken quest or not.

I've been walking around with Pantea's Flute for quite some time now and don't remember even where I got the damn thing. Decided to clean up some of my Misc. quest's and one was to seek out the Bard's College. I quickly became a member there and one Bard lady walked up to me and said she lost or had stolen Pantea's Flute and for me to go find it for her.

Well, I've got the flute in my inventory (you can't remove quest items) but I can't give it to her. Every time I speak with her, she just says a couple sentences and walks on with NO option's for me to have a conversation with her. I look at the quest and tell it to "show me on the map" and nothing appears.

Sigh... gonna have to go to GameFAQ's and see if I can discover where I found the flute and return to that spot to see if I can fix this quest.

Anyone else run into quests that for some reason don't work?

Mendon

Possibly broken, I found a glitch that lets me aquire as many red eagle swords as I want after trying to get a stuck sword in my inventory.

Edited by Skarrj

I just had an omg moment fighting a dragon. I have a "special " mace that i hardly ever use. I equipped it for the final blow when...the kill animation had me climb on the dragons back hold its mouth with one hand and bash the living hell out of his skull.

Edited by Skarrj

I discovered a weird glitch:

If you are wearing Archmage's Robes and the Morokei mask thingy, you won't see the mask, it will just look like you have no head (as if you are the Invisible Man). It might do the same with all masks or whatever those things are. My other masks are in a chest in my house and I haven't gone back to check.

Another odd thing is that my health is over 3,000. That happened on my little trip to get the staff of Magnus.

Edited by Random Terrain

I went back to the cave where I originally found the flute and all the nasties were still dead. I went thru every room in the cave system and after exiting, the quest was still broke as I can't give it to Pantea.

Unless the patch that will be released tomorrow for the Xbox360 cures quest glitches, I'm screwed on this quest.

Be careful what you pick up.....

Mendon