IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim discussion

moycon

I thought they call for you to visit them pretty early in the game?

Hmmmm I've done very few of the main quest line. Focusing more on miscellaneous quests. I have done a few of the main quests but I don't recall the greybeards, unless I visited them and didn't realize it.

BTW, not only can you get misc quests by talking to people, but you can get them from books also! I got two last night when I reading books in the castle of Whiterun.

Yes I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread. Even though someone has made a file where you can read the books offline on your PC or eReader, it still makes sense to read books in the game to get any quests that might be started from it.

I'm glad I save a lot. My Xbox 360 froze up while I was in a cave. It was one of those times when the game started getting choppy from either too many objects or too many bad guys.

On another subject, don't worry if you kill the main evil dragon. There are still blooded dragons to kill.

Well..Im officially level 22....

I tell ya..if you can get the black smithing perk to improve enhanced items...they rein supreme thus far! My armor rating is 102 overall....my weapon is a battle ax throing 62 damage!

Although I find myself losing my helper quite often! I have her..and then she dies or gets beat by some giants and then bam..lost again!

Is there somewhere special she goes or does she just recover and find me again..I put some good spit on her to carry for me and I want it back to sell it....Just bought my first place outside of dragon reach and I need some funds to fill my home with lavish items..lol

game still rocks..played for 8 hours last night, I quit at 5 am.....the new patch download makes the game load slower on the ps3 by far....I want to know how many of my 30 hours of game play are from loading screens...?

level 60 smithing will let you improve enhanced items with one steel ingot....to get there easier...if you are ahving trouble..just buy up all the leather straps and iron ingots..then makes yerself some iron daggers. Iron daggers only take 1 leather strap and 1 iron ingot...then you resell them 1 at a time to raise your speech skills quickly.....

you should be at level 60 in 25 hours or so...lol maybe 20 if you do this from the start...

I installed the game to my HD and it's been running fine.

Got up to Level 14 now. Finally have managed to knock off most of the misc quests and now going to work on some of the 'stand alone' quests, like the Companion one. Love how I can find extra quests to do while exploring or going off in one direction to do one.

I was attacked by one dragon while coming out of a dunegeon. The dragon killed the person I had to turn the quest in to....luckily I allready had done that before he got roasted. :-D Had one guard helping me also.

Then another dragon showed up while leaving another dungeon, but he just circled around me and never came down to attack or hit me with fire. Perhaps due to the bug? I saw him flying backwards also but no biggie. I wasn't gung ho on fighting him in the middle of the woods with no help anyway. :ponder:

Fast traveling is a god send, I wish the eariler games had had it. Still haven't bought a horse yet either, but saving cash to buy another house in another city. Haven't bought much in the stores, really, save for some lockpicks and some potions.

Still really enjoying the game.

Oblivion had fast travel and it was even more convenient than it is in Skyrim because you were able to fast travel to any major city right from the beginning as opposed to having to discover them first. I made it a personal rule that I couldn't fast travel anywhere I had not yet discovered but that just suits my play style.

Morrowind did not have the same concept of fast travel. It used more traditional methods of travel. You could get to most locations instantly (from the players perspective) using silt strider, mages guild teleportation, boat, gondola, or a combination thereof. In addition the game provided scrolls and spells that would instantly teleport you to the nearest Imperial Cult Shrine in the case of Divine Intervention or the nearest Tribunal Temple in the case of Almsivi Intervention. The game also includes traditional Mark and Recall spells and scrolls which can be used to instantly return to any location in the game. While these forms of travel are not as simple to manage as fast travel is it is a much more conventional approach to travel in Western RPG's. Between the mentioned forms and the ability to fly at high speed it is not difficult to get around in Morrowind really.

I tell ya..if you can get the black smithing perk to improve enhanced items...they rein supreme thus far! My armor rating is 102 overall....my weapon is a battle ax throing 62 damage!

Although I find myself losing my helper quite often! I have her..and then she dies or gets beat by some giants and then bam..lost again!

Is there somewhere special she goes or does she just recover and find me again..I put some good spit on her to carry for me and I want it back to sell it....Just bought my first place outside of dragon reach and I need some funds to fill my home with lavish items..lol

game still rocks..played for 8 hours last night, I quit at 5 am.....the new patch download makes the game load slower on the ps3 by far....I want to know how many of my 30 hours of game play are from loading screens...?

I usually shoot magic juice out of my hands instead of using weapons. I shoot ice spikes or fire or lighting or whatever is needed.

I've been having Lydia follow me ever since I met her, but I have to keep saving constantly since she is so stupid. She keeps jumping in front of me as I'm about to shoot an ice spike or as I'm getting ready to burn a guy alive and she becomes instant floor covering. When I make her wait, if she gets a glimpse of a bad guy, she'll come running and get in the way again, so I have to make her wait really far back.

So much to do in this game!!!

Like I said before, I'll probably be playing this game a year later (without starting over).

Oblivion had fast travel and it was even more convenient than it is in Skyrim because you were able to fast travel to any major city right from the beginning as opposed to having to discover them first. I made it a personal rule that I couldn't fast travel anywhere I had not yet discovered but that just suits my play style.

Morrowind did not have the same concept of fast travel. It used more traditional methods of travel. You could get to most locations instantly (from the players perspective) using silt strider, mages guild teleportation, boat, gondola, or a combination thereof. In addition the game provided scrolls and spells that would instantly teleport you to the nearest Imperial Cult Shrine in the case of Divine Intervention or the nearest Tribunal Temple in the case of Almsivi Intervention. The game also includes traditional Mark and Recall spells and scrolls which can be used to instantly return to any location in the game. While these forms of travel are not as simple to manage as fast travel is it is a much more conventional approach to travel in Western RPG's. Between the mentioned forms and the ability to fly at high speed it is not difficult to get around in Morrowind really.

I flew all of the time in Morrowind. It was my favorite way to travel. So we won't get to fly in Skyrim like we could in Morrowind? I knew we couldn't fly in Oblivion, but I hoped they would give us the ability to fly again in Skyrim.

I usually shoot magic juice out of my hands instead of using weapons. I shoot ice spikes or fire or lighting or whatever is needed.

I've been having Lydia follow me ever since I met her, but I have to keep saving constantly since she is so stupid. She keeps jumping in front of me as I'm about to shoot an ice spike or as I'm getting ready to burn a guy alive and she becomes instant floor covering. When I make her wait, if she gets a glimpse of a bad guy, she'll come running and get in the way again, so I have to make her wait really far back.

So much to do in this game!!!

Like I said before, I'll probably be playing this game a year later (without starting over).

I flew all of the time in Morrowind. It was my favorite way to travel. So we won't get to fly in Skyrim like we could in Morrowind? I knew we couldn't fly in Oblivion, but I hoped they would give us the ability to fly again in Skyrim.

I dont think the spells are available to manipulate and exploit like there were in Morrowind to allow you to fly. I was able to fly once by falling on a dragons back and riding him for a few seconds, the game glitched and I was able to stay in the air but couldnt come down.

Oh yes... nothing like using my sneak skill to move in on an enemy and then before I can fully pull back on the bowstring, my companion charges forth screaming at the top of their lungs.

I made a bunch of strength and stamina potions so that I can carry a lot more and left those dufus companions behind!

Mendon

I killed Lydia..now she is dead....can I dig up her grave or find a smarter helper to be my pack mule?

Those dragons are rough!

And glass armor is sick!

IDK, I was hoping there was some type of ressurection spell. id like to bring a certain flamboyant DB character back to life. He is still lying face down in a torture chamber.

So whats everyone's biggest complaint? The thing that pisses me off most so far is that NOTHING you do has any real consequence. It doesnt matter what faction's quest Ive completed, or who ive assanated, or that Im the effintg Dtragon born, no one changes thier dialogue or treats you different. I still have gaurds craking on me about fething mead, I still have a stuck up snobby b@#$ I cant kill bragging about how she knows the dark brotherhood and could off me any moment. WTH?

Second thing that bugs me is important NPC still cant be killed even though their respective questlines are complete.

I'm still playing the game when I have time. Some days I can't get in any game time at all, other days I can get in a hour or two. Every now and then (like on a Sat) I can get in a total of 4-6 hours. Still enjoying the heck out of it.

Gotten to Level 15 and killed two dragons so far. Still haven't advanced the main quest or any faction quests -- I'm just enjoying doing misc quests and seeing everything the game has to offer, wondering around from town to town and getting cool loot.

Last night I did a faction quest I probaly wasn't quite strong enough for. During checking out one of the areas near Whiterun I picked up a crystal that set off a quest to help a goddess defeat a necromancer who was using her old ruined temple up north. The fights weren't too tough until I got to said necromancer himself. Nasty ice spell that could slow me down and sometimes could kill me at full health with one shot! Had to just wear away at him with fire spells and then hidding in corners, glad the AI was stupid enough not to charge me.

Finally got him and my reward was a cool sword that was stronger then anything I was using.

Edited by SoulBlazer

Finally hit level 20. Yeah, things are a lot easier now, but you still don't have that "god almighty" feeling going on, cause some people can still rip my ass off and hand it to me, and you can still easily get outnumbered.

There's some cats outside of whiterun and I guess one is an important character cause you can't kill him...but I can't seem to actually get any kind of quest from him either.;

Oh, yeah, and I found a crystal thing in some place, it's a "special" crystal, and it tells me to get it appraised, but doesn't tell me where, well, it says to go to a town in the southeast, but not who to take it to. I guess I'm going to try to join the thieves guild now, maybe one of those idiots would know who to take the crystal too.

I've also found several people's stuff in caves, and can't dump them because their "quest" items, but have yet to get a quest for them, and now can't get rid of them either....guess I'm stuck with Finns Lute, and a few other things till I physically find the person LOL.

Over all, the game is great, dungeons are truly massive on this one, I've found some small ones, but many of them can take hours to clear out if you're like me and loot the hell out of them. Lots of enemies seem to be just strong, rather than being linked to how strong you are like Oblivion...

Still, the one thing that really pisses me off on this game is the lack of damage, and you dont get to use your armor skill to fix your armor, only upgrade. If there was one thing I would want in afuture update/dlc/GOTY, it would be to put item damage and repair back in the game.

Here's a little bug:

I was supposed to rescue a little girl from a cage, but she was outside of the cage, walking like she was on a treadmill. She kept asking me to open the cage door, even though she was out of the cage. After I opened the door, I was able to continue normally and take her to the place I was supposed to.

Up to level 16 in the game. After doing most of the misc and faction quests in the Whiterun area, I've moved up to Solitude and doing the quests up here. My jaw dropped when I saw they wanted 250k for a house, so I'm still fast traveling back to Whiterun to stash stuff.

Got a finishing move with my sword on the last dragon I fought -- very cool! :)

The graphics continue to amaze me. Anytime I walk around, I'm just in awe. This game really pushed the 360 to it's limits. And the same wonderfull weather effects as in past ES games are here to enhance the experience.

Question -- I'm having problems navigating the new 360 dashboard. Is there any DLC available for the game yet, and if so, where is it?

Is there another patch for the 360 version due out soon?

Up to level 16 in the game. After doing most of the misc and faction quests in the Whiterun area, I've moved up to Solitude and doing the quests up here. My jaw dropped when I saw they wanted 250k for a house, so I'm still fast traveling back to Whiterun to stash stuff.

Got a finishing move with my sword on the last dragon I fought -- very cool! :)

The graphics continue to amaze me. Anytime I walk around, I'm just in awe. This game really pushed the 360 to it's limits. And the same wonderfull weather effects as in past ES games are here to enhance the experience.

Question -- I'm having problems navigating the new 360 dashboard. Is there any DLC available for the game yet, and if so, where is it?

Is there another patch for the 360 version due out soon?

\

None yet, it may be a while. The devs have said it will be worthwhile content and not the "armor for your horse" BS OBlivion had.

No patch for the patch yet