IGNORED

VBXE, Pre-Order thread...

sloopy

I have healed well enough that it is only sore, the hospital gave me narcotic pain killers, wow I was feelin fiiiine! :')

My wifes car I think blew the head gasket so I got our van back on the road and went to replace the trans in my car since it has been sitting for a couple months and evidently i picked up a trans a little to fast... Then while i was on the narcotic pain killers tried replacing it in my car and made my shoulder 10x worse... thinking while on narcotics isnt a good idea... for two weeks I have been in pain, and since the pain was bad unless I was pushing up on my arm, my elbow started to get sore from all pressure on it. It is mostly fine, I still cant put my arm behind my back, so its really wierd keeping my (empty!) wallet in my front pocket...

Tonight I will be working on things and hopefully get some progress accomplished... my stream will be after about 9pm EDT...

sloopy.

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies for my abscense, there have been a few issues... tomorrow (within 12 hours from now), I will send a PM to all giving details... my sincere apologies to all tho...

and to others who are on the 'waiting list' and are interested in other things (ie. sio2pc-usb, etc) current all my activities are on hold for atleast until end of october... I am working on setting up someone else to make the sio2pc-usb's in my abscense...

also, to the few people who are to be sending me stuff... please hold off until Oct, my mailing address will be changing... I will be in the same town, but if the post office makes a mistake and doesnt forward mail properly, i can't say i will get any mail that comes to my current address forwarded to me (i hope i will but...)I should have my new address in about 2 weeks, pending approval...

thanks for your patience,

sloopy.

This may be a dumb question, but as a person interested in getting a VBXE, but who was not part of the pre-order, let me see if I understand the situation

At one time, this VBXE - pre-order thread was started. Those pre-orders are closed.

People who placed an order, before pre-ordering was closed, are trying to sort out delivery.

But is it true the VBXE project is an open-hardware project? And so, if one wanted a VBXE today, completely unrelated to this thread - that person, basically would need to start up a manufacturing run for themselves?

And what is involved in making it for yourself, getting a run of unpopulated PCB's created, and then using the bill of material to buy the appropriate parts - then populating the PCB and of course doing whatever it is you do to program the core.

Sorry if this seems basic, but, a lot of this is new to me.

So is it the case, that someone with the resources - could attempt to start up their own run of VBXE manufacturing?

I'm by no means suggesting I'm personally that ambitious, but as I have no VBXE, and I want one - I'm wondering if I've described the task that would be required to accomplish getting a VBXE at this time? Or is it the case, that one shouldn't do that?

thanks for any info.

I'm under the impression that the chip firmware and board design need to be licensed out to potential manufacturers. You can build a board from the schematic, I guess, but without the licensed firmware, it's useless. Electron and Candle need to be compensated for their intellectual property.

That said... starting up your own factory would probably be the most plausible means of obtaining one. :)

Ok, I sent a msg to all the people here on AA that I still owe a VBXE to...

as for the ability to have someone build their own VBXE, there are 65 SMD components per VXBE... and one is the TQFN100, the Alterra, which is fun to solder... and all the parts in single quantities would be over $150 alone... you are more then welcome to try and build them as far as i am concerned, but its more up to candle/electron as the code for the atmega is proprietary... and I can not release it, as I am under a verbal NDA...

FastRobPlus, that is fine by me... I wont be on AA for a couple weeks, so make sure you send it to my email addy who is to get it... if you need it again msg me here on AA...

sloopy.

I have received a PM but my question still hasn't been answered...

Sloopy - you state in your PM (amongst many other things) that the UK package is sat on your desk and ready to ship but you forgot to mention one 'minor' detail - when is the package going to be sent??

Thanks Dom and Andy: I'll consider myself "up to date" now...

Sloopy - you state in your PM (amongst many other things) that the UK package is sat on your desk and ready to ship but you forgot to mention one 'minor' detail - when is the package going to be sent??

...well, almost.

EDIT: fully up to date now. ;)

Edited by flashjazzcat

• 2 weeks later...

Sloopy - What's going on, did you post these on Thursday 6 September as promised?? I have been patient for a LONG time and am fed up with broken promises, failed delivery dates (11 up to now). You have posted a statement regarding your personal situation and that has noted for the records, however please realise that you are not the only one who has problems or commitments in life - now is the time to deliver.