IGNORED

Your development environment?

Andrew Davie

cruzer: I've posted some questions on CSDb now, let's see what comes of it.

Btw. hearing that you are gearing up to releasing a demo makes me wonder if I should rush out some of the routines I'm working on, so I don't get beat to it! :D

Btw. hearing that you are gearing up to releasing a demo makes me wonder if I should rush out some of the routines I'm working on, so I don't get beat to it! :D

It's gonna be a while I think. I'm only in the stage of experimenting with effects so far, and judging from the emulator subject I'll have to get some real hardware to test it on first, as well as finding someone to make a tune. And I'm also working on a C64 demo for X2012, so it could easily be postponed to after that.

• Editor: Vim (with a custom syntax file for dasm)
  • Assembler: Dasm
  • Version control: None. I manually rename WIPs with incrementing version numbers.
  • Backup: Usb hard drive and e-mailing files to myself.
  • Emulator: Mainly Stella, sometimes Z26 for the trace log.
  • Build: Bash shell.
  • Test: Harmony cart or Supercharger.
  • Miscellaneous: a couple of small utilities in C to convert 1-bit bmp images into dasm ".byte" directives for players and playfield registers, Gimp to draw graphics, Distella for reverse-engineering.

I'm using Eclipse as the IDE. I have WUDSN installed for the nice syntax colour highlighting it offers. Stella is my emulator, and of course DASM is the assembler.

Do you have the slightest idea how proud I am know that you have used my IDE to create Boulder Dash?

The screen shot does not show the content outline view, but I hope know know it (as well as hyperling navigation etc.)

In fact I never completed DASM support up to now because I didn't get feedback from anybody, so I'm not sure if error handling (cursor positioning, putting red marks where they belong) works as it should.

The next version also supports large projects which are split across include files.

Can't wait to see the BD souces, they'll make a great test suite for sure :-)

ide-hyperlink-navigation-identifier.png

ide-example-source-small-outline.png

Edited by JAC!

I'm using a 15" MacBookPro. Have it hooked up to a 24" 1920x1080 monitor and also use the MBP's screen as a secondary display.

My editor is jEdit, for which I've done up a couple MODE files for syntax highlighting.

I use a terminal session to compile with DASM, test using Stella

My set up is currently about the same, minus the external screen. I even use your syntax highlighting file, which is very nice by the way!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

WUDSN IDE 1.6.3 released

This version is fully tested with DASM, so compiler options are improved, error/log parsing works (also for errors coming from include files).

Include files can be tagged with the path to the main-file, so the main file gets compiled, no mater which include is currently open.

This is als the preparation to have a global outline, content assist and navigation to "parallel" source includes, i.e. includes included by the parent file.

I got a lot a feedback that this version really make handling of large projects easier.

Edited by JAC!