IGNORED

Value of vintage Super Mario retail display?

save2600

Cannot remember for the life of me where I acquired this. Must have been when I worked at Montgomery Ward or Phar-Mor back in the day. Couple of minor issues, but in great shape overall. Back is slightly yellowed, but the camera's flash doesn't pick that up. Some leftover double-sided foam tape on the back too. Wondering what you guys think of this value wise, etc. eBay has a couple of listings for a different type Mario display, $300-$1k! Figured this might be worth something to someone and I'm really not much of a Nintendo guy anymore. Down to a couple of Mario trinkets, a glass, Choose Your Own Adventure book and some playing cards. Looking to drum up some extra Christmas cash and/or trading it for stuff on my want lists:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/154182-atari-2600-boxes-not-carts-and-some-manuals-needed/page__hl__2600%20boxes

...also looking for a TI-99 Espial cart, Vectrex controller, C64 Zaxxon on cartridge and maybe a Jaguar CD attachment if it's in super nice shape.

Oh, the Mario display measures 22"h x 19"w and if you cant tell by the pics, it's not simply flat. Plastic is raised/contoured, giving it some depth.

post-13896-0-14748600-1322595301_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-76259700-1322595304_thumb.jpg

post-13896-0-57041800-1322595309_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-37601600-1322595315_thumb.jpg

Edited by save2600

Your display is missing the back half that looks the same but its printed on thick cardboard. So I would say its not really complete original condition. The last one sold at auction for $300 last week or 2 ago. So maybe $100-150 in this condition.

Thanks Jason, that's what I was looking for. Okay, so this had a backing at one time... was it hung/strung from the ceiling, sit on a post with a cardboard base or was it typically affixed to a wall? Or something else?

Edited by save2600

Nice! I am going to a NA meet this sat if u want I can do an interest check there for you?

Thanks Brian, but she's up on eBay now (I can always end the listing of course, if a deal is struck here). Want to try to catch people while they might still have a few bucks to spend on themselves before the holidays. :)

Edited by save2600