IGNORED

What EPROMS are used on old A400/800 carts?

KubaCZ

I've got some old cartidges lying there, so I looked inside. I found out that basic cart has both of roms socketed so it would be great to get same EPROMs and burn there some old game to be played on my 16k 400. I currently don't have access to programmer (will have on wednesday) so I can't detect them (not sure if those old works, but 27512's does). So which ones are they and why are there 2 of them? Because they were cheaper than bigger ones or ? :)

The chips are 'sorta' 2332's, and there are two versions of them, they two versions have one select line inverted in meaning. so the two sockets are identical, its the chips that are different...

you can put one of these in either socket, and use it...

http://store.go4retro.com/2364-adapter/

and with that you can put up to a 27512 and have 7 bin's in a single cart...

pic of the one I made a while back...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/187359-looky-what-i-uh-found/

sloopy.

I can't tell in the picture, is the ROMOX on the cartridge housing? If so, then why I asked for pictures was that I read that Romox had programmable cartridges in which you take the "blank" cart to a reseller and have it programmed. I have one sealed, and one that a customer used. They made these carts for one-off's and short runs for software vendors, or big clients, that needed 50 or less. I read that Romox had a list of titles it offered to consumers and Pit stop was one of them. Why someone just wouldn't go buy the pit stop cart doesn't make sense to me. But I guess the consumer could keep going back to have titles programmed on the cart. The Romox carts I have are square with their name on the cart. I have seen the "rounded" end cart housings.

I don't think these carts were made to open and reprogram without their programmer (which I have never seen, only pictures of). Why someone would also "label" the carts Pit stop if they were programable I'm not sure. It almost looks like Epyx had several cart mfg's for this cartridge????

great Romox link:

http://www.timmcguin...games_intro.htm

Edited by chrislynn5

I can't tell in the picture, is the ROMOX on the cartridge housing? If so, then why I asked for pictures was that I read that Romox had programmable cartridges in which you take the "blank" cart to a reseller and have it programmed. I have one sealed, and one that a customer used. They made these carts for one-off's and short runs for software vendors, or big clients, that needed 50 or less. I read that Romox had a list of titles it offered to consumers and Pit stop was one of them. Why someone just wouldn't go buy the pit stop cart doesn't make sense to me. But I guess the consumer could keep going back to have titles programmed on the cart. The Romox carts I have are square with their name on the cart. I have seen the "rounded" end cart housings.

I don't think these carts were made to open and reprogram without their programmer (which I have never seen, only pictures of). Why someone would also "label" the carts Pit stop if they were programable I'm not sure. It almost looks like Epyx had several cart mfg's for this cartridge????

great Romox link:

Yep, Romox is on the bottom two cases, the black one has the eproms soldered, but I haven't opened up the white one yet. The one on the top right has the eproms socketed. Still looking for the blue cased one...

Interesting read on that link :)

I see that a seller has an unopened Romox Programmable cart on ebay, but they want way too much for it...

Jay

Yea, that posting is in Germany and high. But these are hard to find, sealed and unused. They pop-up every once and a while.

I'm new to Eprom burning, and hope in 2012 to devote some time to it. But when I have questions/order needs I contact Bruce at B&C.

http://www.myatari.com/atarixlh.txt

He knows the chips and what carts they were used in.

I have some good links on Eprom's, switching, etc on my other PC, I'll to get them posted later.

great Romox link:

Yep, Romox is on the bottom two cases, the black one has the eproms soldered, but I haven't opened up the white one yet. The one on the top right has the eproms socketed. Still looking for the blue cased one...

Interesting read on that link :)

I see that a seller has an unopened Romox Programmable cart on ebay, but they want way too much for it...

Jay

Interesting read guys. Are the romox version of Pitstop worth more then the standard epyx cart? if so what is the price diff?

I believe I have the blue romox version of the cartridge. thanks for the romox link!