IGNORED

What's the deal with Star Castle 2600?

godzillajoe

I really must have come late to the Kickstarter party, still nothing. Maybe im in the final batch?

You happened to be the very first one in the batch I shipped yesterday. You should receive it very soon. There are only 8 orders left and I'll be getting more shells tomorrow, they will ship next week. Then I'll switch to the next phase of production.

Thanks for hangin' in there.

Hey guys! Got my game on Saturday! #286 8)

Got the signed transparent cart and CD with extras. It was a long wait, but the quality is top-notch! My favorite feature is, of course, the LED lights flashing in response to action in the gameplay.

Definitely a cool feature for Atari homebrew projects. LED enhanced carts I own include:

Star Castle 2600

Silver Globetrotter

TronMan from Neo Games

Happy Holidays from PackRat Videogames

-

I know there have been others over the years but can't remember specifics at the moment. If Scott's molds are still usuable for future homebrews then more LED enhanced projects will be welcome!

Thanks, Scott! :thumbsup:

So what exactly did I do to piss you off, thus apparently ending up in the lot of the last eight to be shipped? I feel like a curmudgeon saying this, but this damn game better live up to the hype. If it does, I will gladly make a post to that effect, apologizing for both my impertinence and impatience.

@Waterborn: As a comparison, I just looked at my email records and I submitted my kickstarter pledge on May 21st. The campaign ended on May 24th, so I was one of the last pledges.

I got my copy this past Saturday. Do you recall what day you made your pledge?

FWIW, I can see the craftsmanship that Scott put into my cartridge. The fact that it has been hand-made adds some extra value to it, in my opinion. :)

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify my above post is in no way intended as a slight to Albert, CPUWIZ, GoodDeal Games, or anybody else who makes "hand made" homebrews, hacks, etc. All of your efforts are appreciated as well. I am mainly referring to Scott making the carts with a mold, adding LEDs one by one, and all that that entails, though I know Scott is not the only homebrewer that has built molds.. I better stop there or risk putting my foot in my mouth if I keep typing :ponder:

Edited by Gateway

So what exactly did I do to piss you off, thus apparently ending up in the lot of the last eight to be shipped? I feel like a curmudgeon saying this, but this damn game better live up to the hype. If it does, I will gladly make a post to that effect, apologizing for both my impertinence and impatience.

Hi!

The orders were shipped by availability (downloads & CD's first) then by pledge price category, and by order date within each category. You ordered yours at 7:53am on May 21, 2012, four days before the end of the campaign and your order was 27th from last; it shipped a week ago Monday. Someone had to be last, and believe me, no one wishes more than I do that I could have shipped them all by the end of July as planned.

You should have yours very soon and I hope you enjoy it!

I think you will.

D. Scott Williamson

Took me forever to read through this epic thread. I loaded CD-W's RC1 ROM on my Harmony cart earlier tonight. It took me a few tries to blow up the star, but once you get used to the controls, the action can get pretty intense. I noticed they have the permanent scoreboard feature exactly like in Chetiry. I can't wait to get a homebrew version (with Melody board) so my high scores will be permanent...

I'm sorry I missed out on SolidCorp's version but those LEDs and clear shells are freaking awesome!

One thing I noticed in the thread is people are talking about their gameplay experiences but not mentioning which game they have.

This game fills me with nerd rage.... Because someone should have put leds in Atari carts 30 yrs ago, it just looks awesome.

They would have been too expensive 30 years ago.

Not to mention the fact that blue & white LEDs as we know them today simply didn't exist in the 1970s. For about two decades, LEDs were basically limited to red, yellow, and lime green. High intensity blue LEDs were not invented until 1993 by the Japanese firm Nichia. Because all LEDs emit monocolor light, a white LED is simply a blue LED with a yellow phosphor. Edited by stardust4ever