IGNORED

1982 Atari Banner 60" x 32"

fibrewire

Does anyone know how many were produced? Apparently they were sent to authorized Atari computer stores.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1107927695551?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110792769555&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I have one of those, and mine is autographed by Jack Tramiel.

In my 9th grade English class, we had a writing assignment in which we were to write to a celebrity of our choosing and request an autographed item for display in the school's trophy case. Being an Atari geek, I chose to write to Jack. I suppose he felt that would be a good opportunity for some free advertising, because a few weeks later a banner like that one arrived. He had signed the lower right quadrant, starting at the right edge of the rainbow stripe.

One sold on eBay earlier this summer for $40... the guy's dillusional :dunce:

Roger

Actually the last one on Ebay in October sold for $34.87. How can I be so sure, well here it is in my collection :D

http://orph.atarinet...ageViewsIndex=1

Edited by orpheuswaking

Silly me. I guess my emotions got in the way of my logic. Back in the day, we were true die-hard Atari fans, and (for a while, anyway), had a very successful store up here in the cold Minneapolis area.

Anyway, I just cancelled my eBay listing (I , obviously, really didnt want to sell it anyway), and am now in the process of wiping the egg off of my face.

p.s. COMMODORE SUCKS !!! nyuk.

Silly me. I guess my emotions got in the way of my logic. Back in the day, we were true die-hard Atari fans, and (for a while, anyway), had a very successful store up here in the cold Minneapolis area.

Anyway, I just cancelled my eBay listing (I , obviously, really didnt want to sell it anyway), and am now in the process of wiping the egg off of my face.

Many of my Atari 'treasures' would require a gold penny or more to sell, altho the market wont bare a kilobuck, its still worth that much to you, no need to apologize or anything... Now people jumping on the 'nostalgia bandwagon' to make a quick (large) buck, they get lynched in this place ;')

My original 130XE i used to use back in the day, i still have... and it would take more then you can buy one new from B&C to pry it from my hands, and it doesnt even work properly right now ;')

sloopy.

My original 130XE i used to use back in the day, i still have... and it would take more then you can buy one new from B&C to pry it from my hands, and it doesnt even work properly right now ;')

I'll give you a thousand bucks for it?

Some Ebayers never but amaze me (Rockfred, you saw the error of your ways so its not about you :) )

Now we all would love to make as much from whatever we sell (well except me as I've never sold on Ebay or the like) but when you see those wonderful words 'ultra rare' and a price close to the national debt you have to wonder just how much the person wants to sell their gear.

OK, there's always the chance of one person either desperate or stupid (sometimes both) who will pay whatever it takes but more often than not the item isn't ultra rare or worth a hundredth of the price. Hardened buyers will simply ignore the item hoping its relisted unless they are bothered enough to mail the person, opportunity buyers will simply ignore it as way out of their league and venture on.

A little less greed and you could have a group of people fighting over it thus ensuring a good sale and a healthy profit anyway.

I just don't think they realise how switched on buyers really are..