IGNORED

Pac-Man Battle Royale

SoulBlazer

I've been following this game for months, hoping that it will eventually show up as a downloadable title on the Playstation Network. No news yet.

Of course, I'd love if a local bar or something got a machine so I could head over with a few friends and a pocket full of coins, but that'll never happen around here.

Living in Hawaii, it'll probably be something like 3 months until we get it.

Living in Hawaii, it'll probably be something like 3 months until we get it.

Living in PA, it'll probably be another 10 years until we get it.

Living in New Mexico, what's Pac-Man, let alone Pac-Man Battle Royale? :|

This game has been out since January 2011 but the version that D&B has received is a new "Deluxe" version with a 54" monitor. Every D&B received one.

If you want to find a PMBR unit near you, just use their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/PacManBattleRoyale

or directly:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=200844682304036699559.00049bda91a926c1526d2&ll=39.368279,-105.380859&spn=20.34783,26.367188&z=4&source=embed

By that there are a few in PA but if you're in New Mexico, or the upper Midwest you're screwed. Although this only shows locations they know of, some operators are lazy and haven't told Namco about it.

Cool, thanks for the update. Yeah, the e-mail had a pic of it also -- big unit with a circular monitor and four 'stations' for each player. We're going to D&B tommorow after work for a company Christmas thing so I'll get to try it. Very eager. :)

It's definitely best played in groups. It's been interesting to watch it at my own arcade, I have the standard table version and while it started out slow, it's been a strong earner during the holidays.

So, got to play this game last night. Here's my review on it:

First, like Shaggy said, the game is defentily best with 3 or 4 players. It's a really fun game to do aganist other humans.

The gameplay has some similarties with the recent two Pac-Man games for 360 and PS3. All of the Pac-Men play at once, on the same maze, and the overall shape of the maze stays the same, but the lit areas and the paths with the dots and power pellets change as you play it. There are fruits you can eat for bonus points, the four ghosts chase you around, and the classic Pac-Man tune plays when you start it.

The major twist in this game, though -- when you eat a power pellet and become Super Pac-Man, you truly become 'Destroyer of men, killer of worlds!' :-D

Cause besides the ghosts, you can also eat the other players! :twisted:

In fact, that's how you win -- be the last Pac-Man left standing.

When you 'power up', you gain in speed also, so you can outrun those normal 'puny' Pac-Men and have them for lunch. It does seem like the control and handling of your Super Pac-Man is a little harder then when normal, so if you're trying to surive, use the tunnels and stick and move in the tight corners and sharp turns, and you can perhaps outlast the power up effect. Woe to you, though, if you get caught between two Super Pac-Man, or two of you are racing after a power pellet and he beats you to it!

If two normal or super Pac-Men make contact with each other, you 'bounce' off each other, like in Joust if you hit someone at the same level as you.

There's three rounds of play each game. Whoever wins the most rounds in the game is the overall winner.

This is really quite fun to play with other humans -- a great update to the old Pac-Man style of playing and is really a blast to play.

Edited by SoulBlazer

• 2 weeks later...

I finally made it out to my local D&B(80 miles away) and They had the deluxe showcase version. It was breathtaking. I felt like I was on the grid. It also kinda reminded me of the super pacman setup on the movie joysticks. The lights,sound, HD, controls.... it was awesome. It looks like something that was built for an 80's game show lol..... I would highly recommend checking it out; even if you have to go out of your way

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a Cocktail version of this game at my local movie theater, but the attract mode didn't seem to show that it was very much fun, then again I didn't have anyone to try it out with either.

Maybe I'll get around to playing it after seeing some of you guys think it's good.

I hope they release this for the Xbox

And for me, the PS3 via the Playstation Network. I think they'd be insane not to with the online multiplayer, etc.. Pac-Man CE-DX is my favorite PS3 game yet.

I'm sure they're just holding off to allow the arcade cabinets to make a bit of money before neutering that by releasing the home versions.

I hope they release this for the Xbox

And for me, the PS3 via the Playstation Network. I think they'd be insane not to with the online multiplayer, etc.. Pac-Man CE-DX is my favorite PS3 game yet.

I'm sure they're just holding off to allow the arcade cabinets to make a bit of money before neutering that by releasing the home versions.

True...I love Pac-Man CE DX...

• 9 months later...