slosu

Got to thinking. Was at a friends house not long ago spending HOURS on the RETRON 3. First time I had seen the system and I was very impressed. I also like the fact that you could use the old school controlers. Anyways, why not a console that fires up Atari, Colecovision & Intellivision? I would have to assume the market would be there for something like this.

I'm by no means an expert, but the way I see it, there is a greater perceived demand for devices that will play NES, SNES, and Genesis carts, so more research and development over the years has gone into one-chip solutions that adequately emulate those consoles and play those games. While the same could be said for Atari, I know nothing about the Colecovision, and I seem to recall the Intellivision in particular has very unusual hardware by today's standards, which would be more difficult to duplicate.

Like has been said every time the subject's brought up, it's because of the remarkably tiny demand for such a toy vs the amount of money required to produce it.

BINGO!

I feel I quote you in agreement a lot Rex Dart.

There is very little demand for such a product. The only system that there may be some demand for is the 2600. NES, Genesis, and SNES are considered the BIG 3 by these clones companies.

• Like 1