IGNORED

Your List of the Top 10 Favorite Homebrew ColecoVision games of All Time!

RelliK111

I love seeing how many of us have lots of the same games but are all in different orders. I just think it's pretty cool

Yep, everybody choose those games but in different order, but alot of titles are the same on each list

As for me, I would say I was VERY SURPRISED with the final product of Ninja Princess

I like the game, but man! the artwork is simply awesome!

This give the game a second breath in my opinion

Ya that is one game I'm really look forward to getting here soon it looks awesome!

Nice I like this thread. I will put mine in order for most played I guess since I do like them all. I guess most played must mean I like them more ;)

1) Mario Bros

2) Ghosts N Zombies

3) Jeepers Creepers

4) Girls Garden

5) Chack N Pop

6) Mr Chin -- Still Addicted after playing this on HSC

7) Sky Jaguar

8) Ghost Blaster

9) Pac Man Collection

10) Comic Bakery

Noteables

I would put Gulkave up there if it wasn't so frustratingly difficult :)

I would probably put Pooyan up there as I have wanted to play it forever but someone still hasn't shipped it to me. ;)

My Godson would definately put peek a boo up there but he is just a kid what does he know :)

Haven't had time to play Pixelboy's newest releases but people are saying they are good so I am sure some of them would make it.

Can't Wait for Release.

As someone who only got Donkey Kong when first got Colecovision for christmas I have played it millions of times and can't wait for Donkey Kong Arcade.

SideTrak looked awesome and it wasn't even finished product so can't wait.

Lock N Chase was childhood favorite of intellivision so dying to get that game.

What is Comic Bakery is that a game I missed or is that going to be come out some time soon?

What is Comic Bakery is that a game I missed or is that going to be come out some time soon?

Opcode proto sold on ebay last year.... only 5 exist

I there's one on ebay right now....

Do you have the link to that? I just did a search but only saw the MSX version going for $200 wow. I remember seeing those but wasn't able to get any of them. I wanted Galaga super bad but got outbidded every time in the last few seconds :mad: Galaga would have been in my top 10 if I would have been able to get it

Edited by RelliK111

Do you have the link to that? I just did a search but only saw the MSX version going for $200 wow. I remember seeing those but wasn't able to get any of them. I wanted Galaga super bad but got outbidded every time in the last few seconds :mad:

Ah, sorry, that was Track n Field 2

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1607159197071?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160715919707&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Do you have the link to that? I just did a search but only saw the MSX version going for $200 wow. I remember seeing those but wasn't able to get any of them. I wanted Galaga super bad but got outbidded every time in the last few seconds :mad:

Ah, sorry, that was Track n Field 2

http://www.ebay.com/...=item256b6a515b

Oh ya I did see that one ;) Do you think there is any chance of any of those getting a real CIB release or are they going to just stay in the dream (Holy Grail) collection's? I would love to see Galaga on the Colecovision that is one game that is just weird that it is missing. It belongs on the ColecoVision :lust:

J-F is correct. I don't know if you tried to sell Comic Bakery if a lot of people would buy it because there is not much to it. However, since I have it and play it a lot I can tell you it is very addicting. I can't see Eduardo releasing these protos in the future since he has like 10 million projects he is working on and only 1 lifetime. Unless he has achieved vampire status and can live forever then he might get around to it. :)

• Like 1

Opcode stated a while ago that he may revisit Galaga in the future, but that he would not base any further work off the SG-1000 game that the prototype port is based off.

Correct he said that the Galaga from SG-1000 did not have variety in that the aliens always come out the exact same way and there is no variation. If he were to create his own he wanted to create variation to make the game less predictable.

Unless he has achieved vampire status and can live forever then he might get around to it. :)

How to get this status? I want it!!! :lol:

That would give me plenty of time to do projects!!!!

I think I get it..... I have to watch Twilight movie right?

Better to die right now then..... :skull:

Maybe your kid in a decade will watch that crap, I would tell you to watch True Blood. Much more adult fun :)

• Like 1

Unless he has achieved vampire status and can live forever then he might get around to it. :)

How to get this status? I want it!!! :lol:

That would give me plenty of time to do projects!!!!

I think I get it..... I have to watch Twilight movie right?

Better to die right now then..... :skull:

Maybe your kid in a decade will watch that crap, I would tell you to watch True Blood. Much more adult fun :)

I love true blood! being a vamp would be the best you get all the girls :lol: ! speaking of that I also can't wait to play Monster Bash! I can't beleive how good that game is looking :lust:! Do you guys think there is any chance of that being a 2012 release or well it be a 2013? From his posts on utube he really seems to be rockin and rollin on it and I'm just dying to play it!!!

Nah! he already have his own star wars stuff ;)

The force is with him

I love star wars to, in fact that is another game that is missing on the Colecovision I would love to see a empire strikes back game with super good graphics on the Colecovision

• Like 1

I love star wars to, in fact that is another game that is missing on the Colecovision I would love to see a empire strikes back game with super good graphics on the Colecovision
I could not be more agree! :) ESB is a MUST for CV,.... with better graphics of course!

As i said in another post, this one is very high in my TO DO List and will be probably the next game i will do, when i will have completed the one i'm working on.... and i think doing Empire Strike Back after the one i 'm working will be restfull in fact. :)

To get back to the subject about favorite homebrews. I can not really consider MSX and SG 1000 port as homebrew. For me an homebrew is something home made. MSX / SG 1000 port os something that can be done almost automatically by a tool. ( of course you have to create the tool and it of course requires lot of expertise , that's not "easy" , but once the tool is done, then it become really easy and productive...). So to me it limits the list of favorite homebrews.

If i consider the games i play the most of colecovision (including msx / sg 1000 port ) .

1. Ghost 'n Zombie (ok i made it, but it is really the game i play the most on colecovision and i'm still trying to find the best strategy to reach the highest score possible!).

2. Konami Ping Pong

3. The way of exploding foot (ok i made too... but i have lot of fun to play against friends )

4. Pitfall 2 arcade

5. Gulkave

7. Smurf Challenge (ok..mine too...)

8. Penguin Land

9. Ghost Blaster

10.Pacman collection

• Like 1

As i said in another post, this one is very high in my TO DO List and will be probably the next game i will do, when i will have completed the one i'm working on.... and i think doing Empire Strike Back after the one i 'm working will be restfull in fact. :)

I'm looking forward to seing how you will animate the walking AT-ATs. :D

Beyond that, it would be extra nice to have a chip-tune version of the

playing in the background, or at least a good looping subset of it. If done right, it would draw the player into the game even more than the Atari 2600 version. ;)
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to seing how you will animate the walking AT-ATs. :D

Beyond that, it would be extra nice to have a chip-tune version of the

playing in the background, or at least a good looping subset of it. If done right, it would draw the player into the game even more than the Atari 2600 version. ;)

i agree... some real sweet music or something would be awesome. i think quite a few games need a good tune :grin:

• Like 1