atari2600.com states they pay $325 for Lochjaw.

http://www.atari2600.com/wanted.php

I'm not sure if the list is up-to-date or if the price paid is lowered depending on condition.

Ya I'm pretty sure it's up to date. Looks like Richard could have sold it to a reseller for $23 more. Still think GameGavel is gonna make you the bucks kids?? ....lol...

Considering he didn't pay eBay 9%+ or around $30 it sold in the window it should have and I think he did well. There were 700 views before it ended and obviosuly the largest market for this game was right here in this forum. So based on that, I think the accurate value for a loose LJ is right around $300.

Here is a list of sold items on GG - http://www.gamegavel...=&sort_by=price

All this stuff was sold and I didn't get a dime for any of it. I am trying to do right by the 6000+ people who have signed up to this point. And trying to keep growing this despite some of the negativity spewed in this forum, which I have been doing my best to support, buying home brews, plugging new home brews on my podcast, RetroGamingRoundup, etc.

I will support anyone trying to better this hobby.

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1

Considering he didn't pay eBay 9%+ or around $30 it sold in the window it should have and I think he did well. There were 700 views before it ended and obviosuly the largest market for this game was right here in this forum. So based on that, I think the accurate value for a loose LJ is right around $300.

Here is a list of sold items on GG - http://www.gamegavel...=&sort_by=price

All this stuff was sold and I didn't get a dime for any of it. I am trying to do right by the 6000+ people who have signed up to this point. And trying to keep growing this despite some of the negativity spewed in this forum, which I have been doing my best to support, buying home brews, plugging new home brews on my podcast, RetroGamingRoundup, etc.

I will support anyone trying to better this hobby.

Thanks Mike

I for one do appreciate all your effort in trying to offer an ebay alternative and trying to keep the cost down, I dont understand the negativity that some

have expressed but I guess your always going to get that, can't please everyone.

On record as a supporter to any ebay alternative

Edited by FND
  • Like 1

Hahaha, yeah I guess I could bid. But I don't feel like making another profile for an auction site I would use infrequently. It would only be for the occasional, rare item, and since I've been using eBay since basically its inception, no need. But still, don't get me wrong, Gavel is easily the best exclusive bidding site out there.

• Like 1

Perhaps. But if you hadn't increased the bid to $300, maybe it would have sold for less (or not, depending on the reserve price). While I have bought and sold a few things on GG, I am less inclined to do so with your personal bidding activity.

Perhaps. But if you hadn't increased the bid to $300, maybe it would have sold for less (or not, depending on the reserve price). While I have bought and sold a few things on GG, I am less inclined to do so with your personal bidding activity.

I agree, it's like a company sponsored shill bid.

I use the site myself, and have always been very open about it. I will genuinely bid on something if I want it, but I never use my position to take advantage of anyone using the site in any way and I think after 3 years of running this people would have said something if they thought I was. I would have paid up to $300 for LJ and I am a well known collector myself, and that is that. He had a $300 reserve on it anyway, so my bid simply turned it into a starting bid. It wouldn't have sold for less than $300 in any case. If I had won it for $300 than I would have GLADLY paid $300 for it and added it to my collection. And I was very open about being one of the bidders from the start of this thread.

I agree, it's like a company sponsored shill bid.

Edited by Parrothead

Hi Zwack,

I created GG as a site I could use as well. I am an honest person and have a good reputation to uphold being owner of the site and part trio of one of the most downloaded classic gaming podcasts on the net. I do what ever I can to help out our sellers and if I have a choice of buying something from someone on eBay or on my site, I am sorry, but I will choose to buy from the seller on my site every time.

Edited by Parrothead

Hi Zwack,

I created GG as a site I could use as well. I am an honest person and have a good reputation to uphold being owner of the site and part trio of one of the most downloaded classic gaming podcasts on the net. I do what ever I can to help out our sellers and if I have a choice of buying something from someone on eBay or on my site, I am sorry, but I will choose to buy from the seller on my site every time.

I appreciate that you disclose this information, and you can certainly use GG to build your own collection, but your involvement in auctions might be seen as a potential conflict of interest.

From my previous post, you can see in the parenthetical that I note the reserve issue, but had you not bid on this Lochjaw cart, perhaps atari181's bid would not have been anywhere near the $300 reserve. Okay, so GG is not making a penny directly from this sale (as you note in post #32), but the perception that GG auctions sell has an indirect benefit, does it not? So, it is in your interest to have auctions that resolve themselves to the satisfaction of their sellers so that you can attract more business.

As I said previously, I've used GG sporadically in the past, but if I have the choice between eBay, GG, or a direct private sale, GG will likely be my third option in most cases.

Hi Zwack,

I appreciate that you disclose this information, and you can certainly use GG to build your own collection, but your involvement in auctions might be seen as a potential conflict of interest.

From my previous post, you can see in the parenthetical that I note the reserve issue, but had you not bid on this Lochjaw cart, perhaps atari181's bid would not have been anywhere near the $300 reserve. Okay, so GG is not making a penny directly from this sale (as you note in post #32), but the perception that GG auctions sell has an indirect benefit, does it not? So, it is in your interest to have auctions that resolve themselves to the satisfaction of their sellers so that you can attract more business.

As I said previously, I've used GG sporadically in the past, but if I have the choice between eBay, GG, or a direct private sale, GG will likely be my third option in most cases.

Fair enough. It is my goal to continue building this so it is everyone's first choice some day :)