IGNORED

What do you think are the most epic game consoles?

Tiger game.com: handheld with built in games and functions, 2 cart slots, touchscreen, internet....ahead of its time.

Atari 5200, 4-player gaming, analogue joysticks, all controls on joystick like Pause, Start, Reset

Atari Jaguar: 64 bit console gaming, companies couldn't cope with the might of hardware, ahead of its time.

Atari Lynx: Colour gaming handheld, but again, companies weren't ready for it.

Edited by high voltage

Atari 5200, 4-player gaming, analogue joysticks, all controls on joystick like Pause, Start, Reset

Atari Jaguar: 64 bit console gaming, companies couldn't cope with the might of hardware, again ahead of its time.

Atari Lynx: Colour gaming handheld, but again, companies weren't ready for it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more!

Atari 5200 is (IMO) Atari's finest console! followed by Jaguar, Lynx, and 7800…

the 5200 offered improved versions of 2600 games, both in graphics and sound, and brought games that still hold up well today! epic :D

I have a particular love for the 7800, but IMHO, the 2600 game library is the true definition of epic. It has taken me decades to even get close to a complete collection of loose carts, and I still have a long way to go.

I have yet to enter into the world of playing / collecting 5200 games, but I am very much looking forward to it!

NEO GEO is an obvious choice. DUO is quite epic as well.

Reading the first post, the mention of 'underrated' confuses me. I don't think that anybody underrated Neo Geo, but when the word 'epic' gets involved, there's Neo Geo, and then there's a bunch of kmart-grade crap systems for 'the normals' to play.

Neo Geo is epic.

Edited by Reaperman

FM-Towns Marty: Proof that the FM Towns always worked better as a game console.

Atari Lynx: Excellent selection of games, despite the lack of quantity and breadth of styles. Was too powerful for its own good when it first came out.

Amiga: The only personal computer that could be a game system equally well.

NEO GEO is an obvious choice. DUO is quite epic as well.

Reading the first post, the mention of 'underrated' confuses me. I don't think that anybody underrated Neo Geo, but when the word 'epic' gets involved, there's Neo Geo, and then there's a bunch of kmart-grade crap systems for 'the normals' to play.

Neo Geo is epic.

over rated, over priced....

Edited by so_tough!
  • Like 1