IGNORED

Interest check: Princess Quest

nanochess

I've took the Pixelboy offer and he will be the distributor for Princess Quest, still arranging some details, but in the meanwhile I've started the port to Colecovision. :-D

I'm happy to confirm this. :)

I'll be posting a new Team Pixelboy News Bulletin about this and other announcements within the next week or so.

I've took the Pixelboy offer and he will be the distributor for Princess Quest, still arranging some details, but in the meanwhile I've started the port to Colecovision. :-D

I'll be posting a new Team Pixelboy News Bulletin about this and other announcements within the next week or so.

Thanks for stealing programmers who published games for CollectorVision .....

I knew we would come to this......

Edited by retroillucid

Stealing? nanochess posted a public request for a publisher for his game, and I responded. Why don't you ask him why he didn't ask you first before posting his public request?

Stealing? nanochess posted a public request for a publisher for his game, and I responded. Why don't you ask him why he didn't ask you first before posting his public request?

He did not request but ask if there will be interests

Anyway, that's ok since Nanochess accepted

But, at the same time, I'm asking myself, why bothering making a cart mold for publishing games if programmers (who currently using CollectorVision services) going to publish their game with you?

I mean, we're talking about alot of money for a cart mold

Do I really need to bother with all this afterall?

Is there place for multiple publisher?

You can't blame me for asking me all those question, since these are logic questions

Edited by retroillucid

This may be none of mine or other's business, so let's keep it that way and send each other PMs or email. No need for this back and forth in a public forum as was learned a couple years ago with the big blow up over released roms files and then the AtariMax SD Cart supporting the MegaCart format.

In the end, the CV faithful are going to support any and all publishers and developers that put out a good product and cart shells are going to be needed by all so as not to have to continually recycle old carts.

• Like 3

He did not request but ask if there will be interests

That's not quite correct. He said:

"I would like to know if enough people is interested in a Colecovision port (and someone to publish it), to compensate for lack of memory it would require a 256K Megacart."

That certainly looks like a public request for a publisher to me. He didn't say "CollectorVision will likely publish it, same as Zero Near".

Anyway, that's ok since Nanochess accepted

But, at the same time, I'm asking myself, why bothering making a cart mold for publishing games if programmers (who currently using CollectorVision services) going to publish their game with you?

I mean, we're talking about alot of money for a cart mold

Do I really need to bother with all this afterall?

Is there place for multiple publisher?

You can't blame me for asking me all those question, since these are logic questions

I think you're overreacting. It's not like Oscar and me are suddently best friends or anything. In fact, I'll be surprised if I end up publishing any other game made by Oscar after Princess Quest, since I won't be publishing any outsourced games after 2012. Team Pixelboy will go completely dark in 2013 for a period of one full year. So don't sweat it, J-F, it's just one game. :)

Luc, maybe you're right and I overeacting

the fact, beleive it or not, I'm taking all my CV project with heart .... when something doesn't feel right or like the way I intended ... I could feel bad and even sad for weeks....,not to say months

I remember when I was to release Smurf Challenge, things were not like the way I wanted to be ... and I started feelling sad

I had to go to hospital because of the stress (my heart was beating like crazy) ... sorry I don't know how say it in english)

I had to take lithium because I made a depression

As said, no worries Luc, I'm not starting to hate you or anything like that

That's just me with taking things with too much heart , I

Cheers & be sure that I'll buy Princess Quest ..... oh and any other titles ;)

J-F

I remember when I was to release Smurf Challenge, things were not like the way I wanted to be ... and I started feelling sad

I had to go to hospital because of the stress (my heart was beating like crazy) ... sorry I don't know how say it in english)

:-o :-o :-o :-o

what was the problem with smurf challenge? :? :? :?

I stop to use your service if publishing my games make you sick. I don't want to be responsible of that. :(

I stop to use your service if publishing my games make you sick. I don't want to be responsible of that. :(

I don't really know his story, but I'll bet his stress was related to getting the boxes and manuals printed, not anything to do with the software. :)

I don't really know his story, but I'll bet his stress was related to getting the boxes and manuals printed, not anything to do with the software. :)

Getting the all the stuff printed and ship in time

Nothing to do with you personally Youki or your games

Getting the all the stuff printed and ship in time

Nothing to do with you personally Youki or your games

I think that in order to avoid pressure, you should not announce any release date for your games.

You should give a date only when everything is ready. It is homebrew after all, people can wait but you should not disappoint them by announcing a date that you may not be able to respect…

Just my 2 cents ;)

• Like 3

As Crapahute stated, J-F, just give yourself the flexibility by not setting concrete timelines for your releases. Wait until all aspects of putting together a Homebrew release (rom with pcb, manual, box, label, etc.) are in place and at hand ready to go and then make the announcement on the Forums. This way you don't get bombarded with questions about WHEN? WHEN? WHEN?

As I'm sure you know, all your fans/customers stay pretty active with what's coming down the pipeline and we can wait knowing that you are putting forth your best effort. Ultimately, you HAVE to keep it fun and interesting for yourself, otherwise you will burn yourself out... and we can't have this happen buddy.

Don't forget to set some time aside to play all these great games as well.

Cheers

• Like 3

As Crapahute stated, J-F, just give yourself the flexibility by not setting concrete timelines for your releases. Wait until all aspects of putting together a Homebrew release (rom with pcb, manual, box, label, etc.) are in place and at hand ready to go and then make the announcement on the Forums. This way you don't get bombarded with questions about WHEN? WHEN? WHEN?

As I'm sure you know, all your fans/customers stay pretty active with what's coming down the pipeline and we can wait knowing that you are putting forth your best effort. Ultimately, you HAVE to keep it fun and interesting for yourself, otherwise you will burn yourself out... and we can't have this happen buddy.

Don't forget to set some time aside to play all these great games as well.

Cheers

I managed to find a way for speeding up shipping time.... wich was my main problem

I was taking too many orders at time, and I now limit orders

I do have fun publishing and working on homebrew, no doubt about this

I just have to re-think about how to release stuff

Playing games?.... man, you should come to my place, you'll understand that gaming is a HUGE part of me

Ask colecovisionzone, he will tell you how crazy I am with games.... specially CV ;)

Ok guys, back to the main topic

Cheers

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

i finally find time to try that game. I had received the cartridge few month ago and never find time to plug it in one of my MSXs.

So i have to say ... if there is a Fan club for Nanochess , i want subscribe!!!... I already loved Zombie Near and now I'm fond of Princess Quest!!!... This game is terrific!!!

I Love it!. I'm particulary fan of Knights and Demons style game. So this one fit perfectly with my taste.

The realisation is perfect , Music fit also perfectly. Graphism are clear and quiet nice. (i have a preference for the cimetery level) . and the Scrolling is smooth!!!... that is something rare on MSX and coleco.

I'm looking foward to see it released on CV!. Usually i never buy a game i have already on MSX for CV. But for this one i will do an exception!

i finally find time to try that game. I had received the cartridge few month ago and never find time to plug it in one of my MSXs.

So i have to say ... if there is a Fan club for Nanochess , i want subscribe!!!... I already loved Zombie Near and now I'm fond of Princess Quest!!!... This game is terrific!!!

I Love it!. I'm particulary fan of Knights and Demons style game. So this one fit perfectly with my taste.

The realisation is perfect , Music fit also perfectly. Graphism are clear and quiet nice. (i have a preference for the cimetery level) . and the Scrolling is smooth!!!... that is something rare on MSX and coleco.

I'm looking foward to see it released on CV!. Usually i never buy a game i have already on MSX for CV. But for this one i will do an exception!

I'm glad you liked it :)

I am very interested. I'd love a CV cart! :)

And you'll have it surely :)

Princess Quest ROM for Colecovision is finished, currently Pixelboy is posting his progress in cartridge making in http://www.teampixelboy.com/princess_quest.php it can take some time though, as he is publishing a lot of games this year.

• 3 months later...