IGNORED

Game Gear Games Coming To 3DS

xg4bx

Most of these games have remained under wraps for years, but now it appears they'll hit 3DS, presumably through the system's eShop.

At least this seems to be the case. Recently, the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) rated two Game Gear offerings for 3DS, Sonic Triple Trouble (E) and Shinobi (E).

http://www.modojo.com/news/game_gear_games_coming_to_3ds/

Too bad it's 3DS and not DSi; screen was better on the XL. n8littlefield, you ought to check out emulated GG games on an XL...

Just wondering, is there any technical reason why they couldn't offer these games for the DSi? I'm guessing they are doing it just for the 3DS because they want to boost sales and interest in that system. I mean, since there are emulated GG games on it (which I haven't looked into, I'm just going by your comment), there shouldn't be an issue with the hardware's capability, right? I have an XL and would love to be able to download some retro games on it. As it is, I don't really play it that much.

Actually, the last game I downloaded and played on it was a Breakout clone/update type game. lol

Edited by Eltigro

Yeah I'm sure there's no technical reasons but like you said Nintendo needs as much incentive to buy the 3DS as they can get! I'm sure if you had one of those R4i SDHC carts you could get some type of Sega Emulator on there that would run Genesis or GG games? I had a Flashcart on my old Game Boy Advance and there was NES and SNES emulators on there. Even a Game Boy emulator since I had a micro that couldn't play Game Boy carts on its own! IIRC the SNES emulation was slow at the time but the NES emulation was great.

My co-worker got one of those R4i cards online for her daughters DS lite (She also has a DSi XL but I'm not sure if the cart works on that too but I think it does) and I was "putting some DS games on it" for her and I remember there was some emulators out there for the DS. I didn't look too much into it but like I said I'm sure there's a decent Sega one I would imagine. I was really surprised how cheap the card was I think it was like under $30 online and it came with a 2 or 4GB microSD card and tiny USB stick microSD card reader.

Just an alternative if you want to play some emulated games on a DS I know it can be done but of course some of you might be looking for legit ways and that's cool too ;)

Edited by MN12BIRD