NickelPlate

Adventure 2 for the 2600

Hi Folks,

I'd like to play the Adventure 2 from the Flashback console on my Atari 2600 but is the only way to get it by purchasing a Flashback? I can't seem to find it any other way. I'd really like to get a copy of the cart as I assume getting a ROM is out of the question since it's still being sold.

Thanks,

NP

Hi Bomber,

Yes I did see that and plan on picking it up. I'm just an adventure nut and want to play all varieties. I have the excellent 5200 version of Adventure 2 as well.

Thanks,

NP

If you have a Harmony cart there are some excellent hacks out there. Missadventure Revised (which is in my signature) is a hack that still uses the older assembly. Newer hacks have better graphics and more colors available. "Adventure Enhanced" is one of the newer hacks along with "Another Adventure."

there is a new homebrew a guy is working on called epic adventure. you can download and try it out... looks awesome. if you love adventure that much there is a adventure 2 for the 5200. check out videos on youtube for it

• Like 1

Wow, I know very little about these Flashback consoles... they have an alternate version of Adventure on there??? Thats awesome, who was it made by? I need to look this game up...

there is a new homebrew a guy is working on called epic adventure. you can download and try it out... looks awesome.

Here's the link for Epic Adventure that the guy is working on... ;-)

Wow, I know very little about these Flashback consoles... they have an alternate version of Adventure on there??? Thats awesome, who was it made by? I need to look this game up...

Curt Vendel programmed Adventure II for the FB II. It's a fun game, but the only things new are the mazes and the addition of a blue castle. The items, dragons, bat, and gameplay remain the same. The manual for the game is here. Adventure II for the 5200 is fantastic, but unfortunately the controllers have prevented me from going back for more...

Edited by Byte Knight

Adventure II for the 5200 is fantastic, but unfortunately the controllers have prevented me from going back for more...

Same here, but the Atari computer version should be out soon. :)

Same here, but the Atari computer version should be out soon. :)

Oooo.... I hadn't heard about this. Do you happen to have a link for when/where it will be available?

Adventure II is the one reason I'm actually considering getting a 5200... but I'd much prefer an XL version!

I can't find the thread but Cafeman is currently working on an Adventure II version for 8-bit computers. There is no ETA. It will probably be sold in the AtariAge store.

I can't find the thread but Cafeman is currently working on an Adventure II version for 8-bit computers. There is no ETA. It will probably be sold in the AtariAge store.

The link is here. I might have to pick up an Atari computer now...

The link is here. I might have to pick up an Atari computer now...

Of course you should! Thanks for the link. For some reason I was thinking Cafeman started the thread. No wonder I couldn't find it. :dunce:

I know it's a pipe dream, but I wish some of the games on the flashback, like Adventure II, got an official release on cartridge.

...on a cartridge, already a reality.

...officially on a cartridge, maybe some day...

Do you mean someone put the roms on carts & is selling them?

I'm sure someone is, there always is, but no, I was referring to building your own cartridge of the game to play on your system.