IGNORED

ColecoVision Arcade Controller (FINAL Prototype!)

retroillucid

Seriously let's get back on topic. Sorry buddy. So tell everybody about your Arcade controller and the great Opcode game that is being include with it.

Seirously

I'm VERY proud of The Arcade Controller! , You have to know that I'm a HUGE fan of ColecoVision and this controller is a dream I had since along time ago now!

Ok, its easy for me to say: This is the best CV Controller, since I'm the one who sell it...... It's obvious that I won't say: Don't buy this Controller, its crap!

But, the REAL FACT is, this controller worth every dollars, ok , I know its no cheap but the quality of it is not cheap too!

Sadly, the only way to get you all in (beside having the money) would be that you hold and play the controller

Having photos, videos won't help to make your choice

I think when you start selling it and everyone starts talking about how great it is, word of mouth will do all the work for you ;)

Seriously let's get back on topic. Sorry buddy. So tell everybody about your Arcade controller and the great Opcode game that is being include with it.

Seirously

I'm VERY proud of The Arcade Controller! , You have to know that I'm a HUGE fan of ColecoVision and this controller is a dream I had since along time ago now!

Ok, its easy for me to say: This is the best CV Controller, since I'm the one who sell it...... It's obvious that I won't say: Don't buy this Controller, its crap!

But, the REAL FACT is, this controller worth every dollars, ok , I know its no cheap but the quality of it is not cheap too!

Sadly, the only way to get you all in (beside having the money) would be that you hold and play the controller

Having photos, videos won't help to make your choice

I think when you start selling it and everyone starts talking about how great it is, word of mouth will do all the work for you ;)

Trust me, I don't really mind about how many will be sold, as long as I can recoup the money invested

I did not made this controller for making money, This controller was first made for me cause I really wanted an Arcade Controller for the ColecoVision

Growing up in the Arcades, spending all those quarters ..... etc...

I have a MAME cabinet to play all those classics!

But,,,,,,, I really wanted an arcade controller for CV, so here is how the Arcade Controller is ''born''

• Like 1

Trust me, I don't really mind about how many will be sold, as long as I can recoup the money invested

I did not made this controller for making money, This controller was first made for me cause I really wanted an Arcade Controller for the ColecoVision

But,,,,,,, I really wanted an arcade controller for CV, so here is how the Arcade Controller is ''born''

You trying to make me cry?

You trying to make me cry?

It worked? :lol:

Nah, This is the truth actually

Talking about shipping to USA.....

From awhile (when I builded the Mario Bros CV Arcade Controller) ..... I planned to send a free unit to *someone* in USA

He don't know it yet, so I won't spoil it here! ;)

So, I'll ship him a unit pretty soon and this will give me the actual cost to ship 1 unit to USA

I'll post the price I get when it'll get ship ;)

I am pretty sure I can ship the arcade controller anywhere in the USA for $20, that includes packing it in a brand new box.

Yeah, but what will cost me to send ... let's say: 10x Controllers to you?

I need to know that .... and preferably knowing how many unit must be ship to US wich is something I don't know yet....

In the end, I know it'll get cheapest to send more unit as possible to 1 guy in US and that guy will handle shipping from there

This will be cheaper and that's mainly why lucifershalo distribute CollectorVision in Europe

This is so incredibly cool. Thanks to all involved and please put me down for one. I'm currently torn between a left or right handed model however. Hmmm... left would match my modern gaming sensibilities, but then again most of us grew up controlling movement with the right hand on the classic systems. Which do you think would feel more natural for a right-hander J-F? Anyone else having this same dilemma?

This is so incredibly cool. Thanks to all involved and please put me down for one. I'm currently torn between a left or right handed model however. Hmmm... left would match my modern gaming sensibilities, but then again most of us grew up controlling movement with the right hand on the classic systems. Which do you think would feel more natural for a right-hander J-F? Anyone else having this same dilemma?

I'm a right hand man so I would go with the way you would play games in the arcade which is control with the left and fire with the right :thumbsup:

I personally wouldn't use a left hand joystick on a ColecoVision game. I think the left hand joystick happened due to fire button mashing. One can mash a button faster with dominate hand, thus joy went over to the left. Button mashing was not necessary with the classics.

I love the homebrew scene and consider retroillucid and 5-11under personal friends..... However, I feel a responsibility to the community to state my opinion. I think the controller should be $200 and have a spinner.

$50 Acrylic enclosure and sticker

$50 Arcade parts and keypad, and an old non-working SAC to use for cord and spinner.

$50 the custom controller PCB with connectors considering all the time and R&D/upfront costs 5-11under put into it

$50 profit for your time and assembly

More than this does not seem justifiable to me and seems like people are getting taken advantage of.

I will speak no more on this topic. As I stated at the beginning of the post this is only my opinion.

I spoke too soon. I guess costs are higher than my estimates. My apologies.

• Like 1

I love the homebrew scene and consider retroillucid and 5-11under personal friends..... However, I feel a responsibility to the community to state my opinion. I think the controller should be $200 and have a spinner.

$50 Acrylic enclosure and sticker

$50 Arcade parts and keypad, and an old non-working SAC to use for cord and spinner.

$50 the custom controller PCB with connectors considering all the time and R&D/upfront costs 5-11under put into it

$50 profit for your time and assembly

More than this does not seem justifiable to me and seems like people are getting taken advantage of.

I will speak no more on this topic. As I stated at the beginning of the post this is only my opinion.

I spoke too soon. I guess costs are higher than my estimates. My apologies.

Thanks, I appreciate

Edited by retroillucid

I personally wouldn't use a left hand joystick on a ColecoVision game. I think the left hand joystick happened due to fire button mashing. One can mash a button faster with dominate hand, thus joy went over to the left. Button mashing was not necessary with the classics.

It probably had its genesis in pressing the button faster with the dominant hand for most people, but it could have been just as simple as Japanese preference and precedent. I remember struggling with Japanese arcade games like Donkey Kong because I was used to the American/Atari standard of joystick control with the right hand. Obviously the rise of the NES pretty much sealed the deal for controls on the left and buttons on the right. That too took me a while to adapt to. Obviously today, like most people, I can freely move between whatever standards, but it was definitely a re-learning process back then.