IGNORED

Elansar project

Orion_

Seeing as how the TG/PC Engine is my first love, I will buy that version! Is there going to be PCE mouse support? I don't have a PCE mouse, but I'm sure others would appreciate it. Also, I'd really like to see it on a pressed CD! We're currently having our first game pressed by nationwidedisc.com & Arkhan has also used them for Insanity. Is there any chance you could end up using them instead of doing CDR's, or perhaps there's a pressing house closer to you that could handle it?

Pressed CD cost way too much because of the price of the glassmaster, and because of that, compagnies don't want to make pressed CD if below 300 to 500 pieces

I won't be able to sell 300 pieces of the pc engine only version ;)

Arkhan > Here is a preview of how pictures will looks like on the PC Engine

elansar_pce.png

Edited by Orion_

• 4 months later...

some news, the Game is fully finished !

The first version is the Atari Falcon and Firebee version !

I got the CDs this morning and will ship them soon !

The next version will be PC/Windows, and I already started to work on the Jaguar version !

The PC Engine version is aborted, technically too hard for me to do..

See here a better preview of the game (pc version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLCfdS51I3E

A little video with a jaguar preview at the end !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJtcHXTCOs8

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 8

The PC Engine version is aborted, technically too hard for me to do..

*with the voice of Darth Vader*

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Dang it, that was the version I was looking forward to! What's the problem with that version? You can always get help from Touko, or Chris Covell or any of the other programmers over at the PCEngineFX boards, they'd totally help out!

As this topic stands in the Jaguar section of AA I believe most of the people who read it have a Jaguar anyway.

Nothing against the PC Engine but I prefer to know that Orion is working on the Jag version now than any other system and I am sure I am not the only one to wait for a very promising game on our favourite console.

I hope Orion will fix his Jag CD and that will allow him to go further with this game as so far it is schedulded to be released on cartridge.

It means wider public but less features like music during the game etc... and higher price compared to the CD format like shown above for Falcon.

About the PC Engine version, HuC is nice for doing little project, but it can't handle large project due to it's memory managing limitation, also it isn't a fully compliant C compiler, many C syntax doesn't work.

My main game code is in C, and translating everything in 8bits assembly would be just too much work, also I would have to take a lots of time for doing something very nice and polished, this console have very special memory management and it's really a pain to program for.

I already made a game for pc engine and it was really hard to do, I don't have motivation to do this again sorry.

I'm a bit disapointed too because I put some effort on trying pictures convertion and video playback (using arcade card), and I had very nice result, but making a slideshow is really not the same thing than making an actual game !

I hope Orion will fix his Jag CD and that will allow him to go further with this game as so far it is schedulded to be released on cartridge.

It means wider public but less features like music during the game etc... and higher price compared to the CD format like shown above for Falcon.

As I already told you, the in game music will be present on the cartridge version, and it won't get better with CD, the only thing the CD can add is the intro video, but for that I need to use cinepak and unfortunately I never suceeded in using cinepak within a game on jaguar cd.

so there is no need to do a jagcd version, beside having a cheaper game version.

About the PC Engine version, HuC is nice for doing little project, but it can't handle large project due to it's memory managing limitation, also it isn't a fully compliant C compiler, many C syntax doesn't work.

My main game code is in C, and translating everything in 8bits assembly would be just too much work, also I would have to take a lots of time for doing something very nice and polished, this console have very special memory management and it's really a pain to program for.

I already made a game for pc engine and it was really hard to do, I don't have motivation to do this again sorry.

I'm a bit disapointed too because I put some effort on trying pictures convertion and video playback (using arcade card), and I had very nice result, but making a slideshow is really not the same thing than making an actual game !

Bummer. Yeah I hear HuC is good, but not great for memory managing. That's the problem we had with our first game, we weren't able to do everything we wanted in the overworld section, like animated waves for the ocean, etc., & it would've been a complete pain to start all over again & re-write it in assembly! With that said, I'm now looking forward to the Jag version!

• 1 month later...

The PC & Mac version is now available !

The cd arrived this morning (a little late, sorry for those who have made the pre-order)

Only about 20 cd remaining in stock for the PC/Mac version as well as for the Falcon/Firebee version !

The Jaguar version is still under development, it might be available by the end of the year.

cdcasepc.jpg

• Like 7