IGNORED

HSC9 Round 2: H.E.R.O.

therealbountybob

which version of the HERO is SECAM? How can I recognize which one I play (atarimania ROM)?

AFAIR SECAM and PAL systems have the same vertical frequency (50Hz) (NTSC has 60 Hz). In a nutshell from the perspective of us... players PAL = SECAM in the meaning of speed. Answering the second part of the question it depends on emulator which you are using. On Altirra look at aplication bar on top of screen and on Atari800Win Plus look at the bottom of screen. You'll see small icons... second from left is the answer. And one more thing most of Atari games can work / are compatible with all systems PAL/NTSC/SECAM. The system is not bind to ROMs but to real Atari computer and you can easily choose one of them in emulator.

Ok i figure out how it works and i have problem. There is speed difference beetwen PAL and NTSC system. NTSC one is a bit faster and tougher.

On PAL i can beat this game completely

after 1kk the game ends

If you are an emulator user you get to play on NTSC or PAL some of us are stuck on PAL unfortunately (in most cases)... looks like you should play on NTSC ;) [this is always an issue for the HSC but unless we have lots of regular players it's not really worth having 2 separate contests/tables - I could keep the NTSC & PAL record scores though :) ]

Thanks for explanation. I'll stick with PAL now cause I'm lazy ;)

If anyone finds HERO too easy have a go on 'Pro' / difficulty 5 (press select / F3) and I'll award a bonus HSC point for the highest score. [does the game go onto pro automatically?]

Done... Yes the game does onto pro automatically but the 'choosen' pro is different from regular one. In regular mode (from first level) levels change periodically in pro mode (13,14...20,13,14..20...) and cycle is repeated again again and again. But in forced pro mode everything is random... atari machine will draw levels from the entire poll.

Here's my record for pro mode - 1.000.000+ after 1h 33m unfortunately the Altirra time indicator is broken (i've recorded demo from my longplay)

post-31829-0-58465600-1329328078_thumb.png post-31829-0-68803800-1329328105_thumb.png

• Like 1

Looks like some players are going to have a quiet week as they've done so well already :thumbsup: (I guess it's another game that dishes out too many extra men :( )

For ROTO there will be 2pts for the highest score and 1pt for anyone making 1000pts (the game ends) you can get more than 1000 by getting to 900+ and then collecting another batch of cannisters... IF you make it in time ;)

post-19705-0-16750400-1329345998.jpg post-19705-0-32125500-1329346005.jpg

HERO 124,660 (17) & ROTO 1,203

R.O.T.O.:

max cannisters at one time is 10

max points before end 1000

=> max point 1500

but on emulator game crash:

must check on real hardware

I had HUBI crash out when I made 1000+ on my 130XE... switched to playing ROTO now! Wonder if HUBI was the abbuc original then ROTO done for analog?

Thought it was about time I started paying in the HSC. Didn't do too well, I'm afraid, but today is the first day I have ever played H.E.R.O.

Welcome on board Pengwin :thumbsup:

There's still plenty of time to improve at H.E.R.O.; it's all about participating (then there's making the points scoring places, a top ten finish, winning the odd round and finally world domination to aim for ;) ). f you (or any of the new players) want to suggest some games to play this season then checkout the Games List post :)

p.s. There will be a catch-up round (or two) this season for anyone who has missed a game.

Thought it was about time I started paying in the HSC. Didn't do too well, I'm afraid, but today is the first day I have ever played H.E.R.O.

Welcome on board Pengwin :thumbsup:

There's still plenty of time to improve at H.E.R.O.; it's all about participating (then there's making the points scoring places, a top ten finish, winning the odd round and finally world domination to aim for ;) ). If you (or any of the new players) want to suggest some games to play this season then checkout the Games List post :)

p.s. There will be a catch-up round (or two) this season for anyone who has missed a game.

I'm not too concerned about making any impressive scores, I've never been able to do that. I'm just in this for the laugh. Plus it allows me to look at games I would normally never play (H.E.R.O. for instance).

So I shall do my best to provide the kind of score that will make everyone else feel good about their own :-)