IGNORED

FORT APOCALYPSE by Synapse Software, how rare is it?

qix_maniac

The cartridge is pretty uncommon but... $300?

Note that it only works on the 400-800 series.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

exactly 400/800 only!

Hi all,

Not necessarily the case in this instance - I have a couple of Fort Apocalypse carts and they will work on most XL/XE machines (depening on the motherboard revision, works on 9 of my XL machines bar one) by holding SELECT when booting the machine - this takes you straight into the options menu and then the game works as normal. Even pressing SYSTEM RESET works and will bring up the title page!

Great game as well.

Cheers

Dom

The cartridge is pretty uncommon but... $300?

Note that it only works on the 400-800 series.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

exactly 400/800 only!

Hi all,

Not necessarily the case in this instance - I have a couple of Fort Apocalypse carts and they will work on most XL/XE machines (depening on the motherboard revision, works on 9 of my XL machines bar one) by holding SELECT when booting the machine - this takes you straight into the options menu and then the game works as normal. Even pressing SYSTEM RESET works and will bring up the title page!

Great game as well.

Cheers

Dom

I have a one, with another on the way :) (not from eBay), and I can't get them to work on my two 800 XL's?? I was told that it needs the version of OS? But they are rare. I'd say a strong 8, maybe 9 even.

It's for Atari 800 only. So would not work on a standard atari 800xl.

Perhaps you missed quote #8. It will work on SOME standard Atari XL machines. I know that becuase I have the carts and standard machines. True, it won't work on all XL machines, but, on some, it will. Reading quote #8 will help you find out if your machine will work with your Fort Apocalypse cart.

It's for Atari 800 only. So would not work on a standard atari 800xl.

Perhaps you missed quote #8. It will work on SOME standard Atari XL machines. I know that becuase I have the carts and standard machines. True, it won't work on all XL machines, but, on some, it will. Reading quote #8 will help you find out if your machine will work with your Fort Apocalypse cart.

Thanks Beamer :) yeah missed your post

I still think $300 is insane especially since seller is probably sitting on a pile of them.