IGNORED

PS Vita owner's thread - Post experiences here!

goldenegg

Stopped in Wally World a little bit ago and they had Wi-Fi Vitas,most of the accessories and 9 games to grab!They were:

1.)Uncharted:Golden Abyss

2.)Marvel vs. Capcom 3

3.)ModNation Racers: Road Trip

4.)Wipeout 2048

5.)Hot Shots

6.)Little Deviants

7.)FIFA '12

8.)Dungeon Explorer

9.)Lumines

This beats out the GS next door with only 5 titles on the shelf! -- U:GA,MNR:RT,Wo2048,HS and LD. ;)

Just a heads up!They didn't have any Vitas on Fri!Sorry,no 3G ones though.

They already had the Vitas out for sale? Uh-oh someone has some explaining to do.

For those that have bought a vita what size memory card did you get? I got the 16 GB but I probably went overboard with that. I plan on buying physical copies of all my games instead of downloading them and I probably won't download too much music or movies since I don't see my self figuring out how to transfer stuff from iTunes where all my music and movies are. I do plan on downloading several of the smaller PSN games but those only look to be a couple hundred MBs each. I probably should have gone with the 8 GB but oh well.

Edited by GKC

As an update, I wanted to give my first impressions of Little Deviants if I may.

I read all the reviews that others had put out (IGN, Gamespot), and all of the reviewers seemed to be less than impressed with this game. Thus going into it I had fairly low expectations. Having said that, and having played it for a little while now, I'd say that the game is better than I expected it would be after reading the reviews. Many of the reviews said that the game feels much like a tech demo, and that's very true. However, I wouldn't necessarily say the game is a bad game. It's just extremely abstract and somewhat difficult to control using the back touch panel. The reason for this immediately presents itself in the fact that you can't see your fingers, and can't see where exactly on the screen you are touching in relation to your finger placement on the back panel.

However, the remainder of the controls in the game (tilt, camera AR games, front touch screen, etc.) work just fine it seems. Graphically it's no powerhouse, and isn't the go-to game to show off what they machine can do (think of it as a Wii-styled game on a PS3, if you will. Minimalistic in art style, but quite colorful). Sound-wise, I found the music enjoyable, if a little bit slanted toward the retro side. In fact, the whole game has a sort of "retro" feel to it, and the game does seem to be fun to play in short bursts, but I can see where the game would get old fairly quickly.

So it's not a bad game, but it's definitely not worth the $30 asking price. $20 would be more on the mark, or less if you can swing it later when it hits the bargain bins, as I'm sure it will at some point. If you got the First Edition Bundle and got the game for free, it's a nice pack-in. But do yourself a good favor and pick up another title just to have something different, or you'll find your Vita posing as a mighty shiny paper weight until you do.

Thanks for your thoughts on Little Deviants. My son was loving this game when he was playing the demo Vita at best buy which pretty much sealed the deal on me having to get it sometime. Being a tech demo isn't a terrible thing. Wii Sports was nothing more than a tech demo for the wii and that was pretty good.

I'll put it in the back of my mind and wait for its price to come down.

@GKC

Apparently so. :)

I was in K-Mart tonight,the guy let me peek in the box in the storeroom they had with 5 Vita 3Gs,a couple Starter kits,Screen film and a small brown box we didn't open that was the size of the Vita game cart cases.Might've had 6 to 12 games in it as one title or an assortment.

Hell,I had to ask and the fellow never even knew they had it. :roll: I did the same with PSP Go to buy one back then. :lol: No one looks in that storeroom! :roll: :wacko:

Checked one out this weekend, looks slick.

I saw that it'll play PSP games - does that include the PSP/PS3 download games like the original PS1 Spyro the Dragon trilogy? I'd downloaded that for my PSP a while back, but didn't care for the controls with just 1 analog stick.

@GKC

I don't have a Vita yet,but I'll probably get a Starter kit or just shoot for a 32GB cart for the Pinball Arcade DLs because I LOVE the PHOF stuff on PSP and lots of RAM to play with!With 50 or 60 tables (or more) coming I'll need some RAM for it! :)

What's RAM got to do with it?

• Like 1

@GKC

I don't have a Vita yet,but I'll probably get a Starter kit or just shoot for a 32GB cart for the Pinball Arcade DLs because I LOVE the PHOF stuff on PSP and lots of RAM to play with!With 50 or 60 tables (or more) coming I'll need some RAM for it! :)

What's RAM got to do with it?

I mis-spoke and meant save space for DL games & etc. beyond Vita carts. :) Edited by chris_lynx1989

Just a heads up guys, Target is offering a buy 2 get 1 free on Vita games. I wasn't able to get it to work on line but it was on their weekly ad should you should be good to go if you walk into one of their stores. Thankfully Amazon has matched the deal and I was able to get that to work. I picked up Rayman, Modnation Racers (love those goofy cart racers) and Little Deviants.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=vg_nav_hp_vita_con?ie=UTF8&node=3010556011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-2&pf_rd_r=0V46FXC8ZZYEAR2D5D32&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1345132122&pf_rd_i=468642

Deal is located on the top to the right under "deal of the day"

BOGOF a few days after the Vita is launched?

That really doesn't inspire me to pick one up. If anything it sounds like this thing is a not doing so good and they are desperatly trying to unload some stock. The full cases at Toys R Us and Wal Mart I saw last weekend suggest the same. I hadn't planned on picking up a Vita anyways, as I am not a huge fan of handhelds, if I were interested in it though, I'd certainly wait. I can just see the deals getting better as the weeks go by.

Forget BOGOF, go for the Buy a Vita, get a free memory card and 3 free games. :cool:

BOGOF a few days after the Vita is launched?

Forget BOGOF, go for the Buy a Vita, get a free memory card and 3 free games. :cool:

Actually it's B2GOF. And at Target you get a free memory card w purchase of the wifi version.

I already bought with confidence because I already have a good amount of digital PSP content. To be honest I was kind of on the fence for a number of reasons, but the free game put it over the top for me. I'm not particularly concerned about the future of the system. It'll start slow like the 3DS, after that who knows... 3DS got a killer app in Super Mario 3D, maybe Vita will too. That's usually all it takes, that and a lower price.

Edit oops forgot to mention, the B2G1F I'm speaking of is at Amazon, not Target.

Edited by Kid Ice

I ordered the 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle with the free 8GB memory cart. Will get it on the 22th.

The Twenty Tooth!

I got mine. It's fun. It's defintely the nicest handheld I've ever seen both screen-wise, and style wise.. Wipeout is legit, and I am glad I grabbed the Vita.

My 3DS on the other hand, still has spiderwebs on it, because itsuseless

posting this from my Vita. So far It's pretty cool. The sceen is light years ahead of my 3ds but this is about games. I've had my Vita for about an hour and I've only messed with the apps. I havent played a game yet so im going to hold my final opinion until then but I've liked what I've seen so far.

Wait, what? Explain, please.

I think he meant that if you buy some PS3 games that you get the Vita versions of those games free, meaning you can play some PS3 games on the Vita.

If you buy games like Hustle King, WipEout 2048 for the Vita you get it free for the PS3.

See http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/16/3-great-reasons-to-try-ps-vitaps3-cross-play-content/