IGNORED

WTF is this?

Desfeek

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I stumbled upon this picture: http://theparallax.t...ox-milford-mall

...and I want to know what is is/plays/who would buy such a device

It's got to be a quality device, it costs $240 (for a case of 20)

Apparently it is an X-box clone (another pic here) that uses controllers with DB9 connectors?

Edited by Chuck D. Head

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I stumbled upon this picture: http://theparallax.t...ox-milford-mall

Apparently it is an X-box clone (another pic here) that uses controllers with DB9 connectors?

Given that the controllers are not equipped to play Xbox games, I think it's more likely to be a famiclone that happens to be shaped like an Xbox. I'm not sure if that's what you meant or not.

XGAME SUCK ASS!! MICR0$IFT ARE LOSERS.

POLYSTATION RULES!!!!!!!!

PolyStation.JPG

P.S. Yes I'm pretty sure it's been discussed before as these things (and many more like them) have been around for over a decade,

I picked up a couple myself around 6 years ago from a flea market. Kinda fun if a little kooky.

PolyStation.JPG

P.S. Yes I'm pretty sure it's been discussed before as these things (and many more like them) have been around for over a decade,

I picked up a couple myself around 6 years ago from a flea market. Kinda fun if a little kooky.

OK, someone needs to start a museum of this horseshit! I should start it, I guess cause I already have a small Powerjoy collection with four different variants. If anyone wants to unload similar crap cheap let me know.

Given that the controllers are not equipped to play Xbox games, I think it's more likely to be a famiclone that happens to be shaped like an Xbox. I'm not sure if that's what you meant or not.

I guess that was a little too tongue in cheek. No, I wasn't under the illusion that a $12 device would actually play Xbox games. Probably a POS NOAC device playing Genesis roms.

PolyStation.JPG

Does that say 1,000,000 games in 1, or 10,000,000 games in 1? Because if it's only one million, forget that noise. For TEN million. Now we'd be cookin' with gas.

Some of these clones are actually good substitutes for an NES and they are legal. I have a couple of real systems but we all know what the cartridge slots are like. I have one of these: http://www.amazon.com/FC-Famicom-NES-Nintendo-Console-Loading/dp/B0009AHCQ6

The sound is not prefect but it is really close and cartridges work on it the first time every time. I have tried all my peripherals with it including the light gun, the arcade stick, and the track pad. They all work. Obviously the clones that are trying to play off of other systems names are goofy but there are some clones that are actually good daily gamers. The same company makes this system that plays both NES and SNES carts: http://www.amazon.com/Twin-Video-Game-System-Super-Nintendo/dp/B0019X5NOA/ref=dp_cp_ob_vg_title_3

someone has a page with a crapload of famiclones http://ultimateconso.../famiclones.htm

Just fantastic! There's a real art to making this crap, not just anyone can do it. I would have never conceptualized a console that plays Famicom games on something that looks like a Genesis 2 with controllers that look like SNES controllers and then slap the name "PLaystation" on it!

My local retro store has a knock off system on display, can't remember exactly what it was but it was a game boy knock off(of an advance I think). I asked about it once and why they had it and they said it wasn't for sale or anything they just kept it because it was hilariously shit. They let me read the manual and it was comedy gold filled with engrish and over the top exaggerations of its power and in several cases flat out lies right in the manual about its magical abilities.

Are these things still being sold new? I would have thought that the market for Famiclones has been completely saturated several times over by now.

Unfortunately, the only type that I've ever seen around here is the PowerJoy -- shaped like an N64 controller -- and even those are surprisingly rare.

• 2 weeks later...