IGNORED

Atari 5200 32k rom pcb's

vectormatt

Hi there everybody,

I'm looking for an Atari 5200 32k rom pcb that I can use an eprom with such as a 27256. I was corresponding with AtariAge for a while they said they had some, but suddenly they don't respond back anymore. Not sure why.

Does anyone know where I can get one or two of these? I'm also looking for a bare bones eprom board for the Lynx. I bought a diagnostic cart on ebay and I've since loaded other games, but I don't want to pay that much to get a second one. AtariAge said they may have one of these as well, but stopped responding.

Thanks!

Matt

I actually do have the Atarimax flash cart, but somehow I bricked it while flashing the firmware one too many times while troubleshooting some boards using the Atari 5200 Zero RAM DRAM Test. It wasn't a problem with the firmware though, I think it was probably due to the flakey power switch which most likely corrupted the firmware during the transfer. Atarimax was *very* kind enough to exchange it for a working one. So I would prefer to run the diagnostics from a normal 32k rom and not take any more chances. ;-)

I actually do have the Atarimax flash cart, but somehow I bricked it while flashing the firmware one too many times while troubleshooting some boards using the Atari 5200 Zero RAM DRAM Test. It wasn't a problem with the firmware though, I think it was probably due to the flakey power switch which most likely corrupted the firmware during the transfer. Atarimax was *very* kind enough to exchange it for a working one. So I would prefer to run the diagnostics from a normal 32k rom and not take any more chances. ;-)

Its a little more work but there is info out there to turn a regular board into an eprom board.. Ive never made on though. Ive made nes repros that way but never a 5200 Best Electronics sells test carts.

• 2 weeks later...