IGNORED

My Complete Atari 7800 Game Collection: WTB PETE ROSE BOX, ONLY NEEDED ITEM

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

NEW PICS COMING SOON!

Hey there everyone! I've finally completed my [CIB] Complete In Box Atari 7800 collection. I have all of the cartridges and manuals, including some label variations, a PAL Sentinel and a few weird errors.

I added some pics of my collection which are quite old now, I just won a new & sealed Pete Rose Baseball which was the last box I needed. I had such a hard time finding complete Tank Command, Rampage, Kung Fu Master & Title Match Pro Wrestling but it's been years of collecting. Here are some pics of my Atari 7800 and 2600 collection, I also keep my PS2 and Cube games around the same area so you may see those. I keep my PS1, SNES, N64, Wii, DS, 3DS, PS3 and others but they are kept on other shelves, under a television stand and who knows but they're safe.

Thanks for looking!

APRIL 16, 2013 - NEW PICS ADDED:
post-4103-0-12568900-1366173787_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-08975300-1366173796_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-69952900-1366173791_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Sort of OT, where do you get those baggies for your loose carts? I'd like to get more for the homebrews I have.

I'd be interested in hearing where SpendTooMuch gets them too, but I always got mine from Atari Guide. All my carts that fit in these are in these along with a desiccant pack.

http://atariguide.com/store/products.htm

Sort of OT, where do you get those baggies for your loose carts? I'd like to get more for the homebrews I have.

I get the poly bags from an ebay seller by the 100, most carts fit in the 4 X 5 inch bags. I also get some of the 4 X 6 which fit M Network, Konami and CommaVid carts. Also, the 5 X 4 fit games by Sega and similar casings such as Tax Avoiders. They are the zipper kind, like a small ziplock. I can't remember the actual seller that I got them from but they were very reasonable. Check ebay and search "4 5 poly" or whatever size you need. I hope this helps, thanks!

The boxes are a little too beat up for my liking but thanks a lot for the offers. I'm really picky about my 7800 boxes, OCD really.

No problem. They'll continue to be on display in my office with some non-functioning games to awe college students who tell me they've never held an Atari cartridge in their hands before.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

and then, it's on to the home-brews!!!! ;)

Oh yeah! And the PAL games, label variations, boxes for controllers, light gun and on and on.....

It's an ongoing thing and even when the collection is "complete", you can always look for games in better condition.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an extra Rampage cart now and I almost won a CIB Kung Fu Master but I was outbid, that's a hard box to find! Commando isn't really that hard to find but it sure is expensive. I've noticed that a lot of 7800 stuff seems to be on the rise, I've seen a couple Tank Command's go crazy and I've seen some that go for what they should. I'm glad that one is out of the way!

I was going to ask what you guys think a complete 7800 collection is worth but I know it's usually worth more when parted out. It's hard to put a price on the whole collection, not many people have that kind of money to blow on games all at once....I know I don't. icon_smile.gif

I would think just the third party titles are worth several hundred. It doesn't matter though, I've had and am still having a lot fun collecting for the 7800.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a new and sealed PAL Sentinel for the 7800. I guess it's one of two PAL only games released, I think this is the only one with an official box and manual that looks like all the other NTSC releases. I didn't really know about it but it's good for the collection even if I can't currently play it.

It was about $20 so not too bad...I don't think. :?

Either way, I'm happy with it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just snapped a few new pics of my Atari collection, I recently received Kung Fu Master and it's one of the few games that I kept sealed. The seal on most games make them more crushed, Activision doesn't seem to have the same problem Atari had. It was one of the hardest for me to get at a reasonable price, I still paid over $60 for it sealed but I see someone "asking" $200 and we all know what asking means, games are only worth what someone will pay you for it. I'd love to get $30 shipped for my cart only Kung-Fu Master and I'm going to sell the manual seperate as well. Is anyone looking?

I'm getting so close, only two more boxes and I'm really near complete with everything. I don't have a box for my system and I don't have a light gun but I do have the Official white light gun box, that was a cool find!

I also recently added that Sentinel which is PAL only, I'm thinking of that 32-in-1 7800 cart but that one doesn't even have a box, does it?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...