IGNORED

Raffle For the Rarest CIB ColecoVision Game Mario Bros Prototype

RelliK111

I got a email from a AA member that gave me a wonderful idea that I'm super excited about! In fact I was so excited that I couldn't sleep last night just thinking of how I wanted to make this work. As everyone knows I have been helping JF raise money for his Cartridge Mold which is super important! Just in the last year Colecovision common games have really shot up in price to a average of about $5 per game (now I know there is always exceptions to that price, but that's not the point) so it is unrealistic to keep trying to recycle existing Colecovision Cartridges for homebrew games. So without this mold homebrews would go away as far as CollectorVision goes. So in a effort to raise some money so he can pay for this mold which costs a ton of money. I have a super rare prototype and I wanted to do something special for the AA Colecovision members. I'm setting up a raffle for Mario Bros #4 Prototype CIB. Every Atari Age member is welcome! The random winner will have this super rare game mailed to them for FREE no matter where they are in the world! Canada, USA, Europe, Japan, I mean anywhere I will ship this to you for FREE!

Here is a quick description of what you will get if you win:

This is the story that I was told how this Prototype came into existence:

"At first, Mario Bros was planned to use a 32K pcb, this proto was made to be a proof of concept

We soon discovered that If we wanted to included everything from the arcade game, we had no choice than to use Bank-Switching sheme, which lead us to use the MegaCart for the final version (and REV.A)"

This Game is rated a R10 on the level of how rare the game is. The scale is a R0 to R10 scale. R0 being the most common game that you can buy at a store right now and R10 being a game that you most likely will never find in your whole life of collecting games. In the case of a R10 there is 5 copies or less of a game in the whole world so to have one is the holy grail of gaming. When a game gets to a 7 and higher the chances of you ever finding a CIB (complete in box) becomes very slim and can take many years(if ever) to ever see another one.

I only opened it to test the game, show the contents, and to show that the game works. Just so you know this is a early prototype of the game so it does play differently than the retail copy of the game and there are some funny bugs that pop up from time to time. The game is 100% playable. Also the game is in a hard plastic protective case and will be shipped in that to help protect it in shipping. Plus it looks great on display. Again I will take care of the cost of shipping and just know your game will be very will protected. As you can see from the picture that the cart was numbered and signed by Jean-Francois Dupuis himself!!!!!!!

This is a once in a lifetime find!!!!!

This is the way the raffle will go:

I will be selling numbers 1 though 105 for $10 each. You can buy as many numbers as you would like! In this thread if you would like to buy a number PM me and put PM sent in the thread. You can pick any number you would like from 1 to 105. The time and date of the PM will tell me who will get the number first. I will then send you the paypal info to gift the payment. Once the payment is made I will put your name next to the number that you picked. I will update the list as much as possible so everyone knows what numbers are available if a name is next to it that means the number is taken. As far as the payment goes I can only use Paypal, please when sending the money use the personal tab and pick gift in the paypal send option. I'm trying to raise money for Collectorvision and not paypal ok, paypal will take a cut if you do not do it like this. Also just so everyone knows I am taking a 0% cut on this! 100% of the money raised with this raffle is going straight to the Cart Mold fund!

So For example: if John Sena sends me a PM for number 5 at 9:11am but then Zack Ryder sends me a PM asking for number 5 at 9:12am John Sena would get the number and Zack Ryder would need to pick a different number unless John Sena never pays for his number. I hope that makes since and if not feel free to ask.

Now once all 105 numbers are sold I will give a 48 hour warning and during that time you can buy bonus numbers still at $10 a number, you can not pick these numbers as they will be assigned to you in the order they are bought. After the 48 hours is up I will post that the numbers are now closed and a winner will be picked at _____ day and at _____ time. I will use RANDOM.ORG to pick the winner. You can read about how the number is picked if you go to Random.org website, it's pretty cool and works perfect for this! It's truly random no matter if you are number 1 or 105 or anything in the middle. If you play around with it you will see. I will buy a paper for that day of the drawing to prove the date this raffle is ran on and video tape the picking of the winner and post the video here on AA so everyone can see who the lucky person is. You must be a Atari Age member to be able to buy a number. JF and myself are excluded from this of course. Everyone else here on AA feel free to participated. This is a wonderful opportunity for everyone to give back to the homebrew community that gives us so much and also you have a chance of getting this Holy Grail game in your Collection for only $10!

Thanks so much for everything that you guys and this Community has given me and it feels wonderful to help give back!

Also if members like 65Gamerguy or anyone else that has a Youtube following, if they could help advertise this on your Youtube channel that would be great! Just make sure people understand that they must be a Atari Age member or become a Atari Age member to buy a raffle number. Maybe will also have a chance to grow your Community a bit though this great opportunity. I wish everyone Good Luck and I hope everyone enjoys this, I think it will be fun.

I sent you a PM that I am willing to buy 2.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for that, It really turned out great! :grin: :thumbsup:

I really appreciate all your help :-D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No problem. I am always willing to help out when I can. Hopefully my overtime situation will end soon and I can make some more gaming videos. But some of the money will be spent on some new games I know that. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CALLING ALL COLECOVISION FANS

I just listed the last Prototype #3 up on Ebay. #5 Sold for $1000.00 a few months ago. I still have a quite a few of numbers to sell for #4 so please feel free to buy some numbers and participate in the raffle. As soon as the numbers are sold I can pick a winner and I'm really looking forward to that. Remember this is going to a good cause and its just $10 for a chance to when over a $1000.00 game and have a true gem in your collection!

Also know that there is no rom available for this version of the game so the only way to play this is to get a copy of the game.

Here's a link to the ebay ad that up right now:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2808864537721?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280886453772&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

and here's a link to Prototype #5 that sold for $1000.00

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2808194327121?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280819432712&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Thanks to everyone for all your help :-D:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok,

I decided to put another limited edition game for this raffle..... Side Trak Limited Edition in green cart shell signed by the maker of Side Trak for Colecovision, namely: Russ Kumro

So when buying number(s) , you have the chance to win

1st Prize: Mario Bros Prototype Version ( only 5 exist)

2nd Prize: Side Trak Limited Edition ( only 10 exist)

So hurry, and let's buy your number(s) :)

• Like 1

Ok,

I decided to put another limited edition game for this raffle..... Side Trak Limited Edition in green cart shell signed by the maker of Side Trak for Colecovision, namely: Russ Kumro

So when buying number(s) , you have the chance to win

So hurry, and let's buy your number(s) :)

Sweet this is looking real Good!!!! :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust:

After talking with Coleco_Master and thanks to his help I have great New item I will be able to add as a 3rd prize to the raffle :-D Two special 30th Anniversary Patches laid back to back and encased in a special acrylic case that Toby is making just for this! Depending on interest a few might be made on demand but this will be very limited.

3rd Prize: Two Special 30th Anniversary Patches Encased in a Specially Made Acrylic Case Perfect for Display (Very Limited)

So there will be a total of 3 winners! This ups every one's chance greatly on winning something! The way this will work 1 number will be chosen using the random number generator for each item. For a total of 3 different winning numbers. When a winning number is picked that number can not be picked again for a different prize. The same person can win again if they bought more than one number, but the same number can not win two times. So if you want a chance at all 3 items you would need to get 3 numbers or more if that make since. Any questions feel free to ask.

So everyone feel free to PM me if you would like to get some numbers! The list on the first page is up to date so any numbers without a name next to it is open to buy!

Thanks so much to JF and Toby with there help in making this raffle truly something special :grin: :thumbsup:

And good luck to everyone here ;-) :thumbsup:

I'll get pictures of the new items up asap

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 1

Sweet!

I may also add a little something if there's more tickets sold

... Something very nice actually ;)

Thanks JF :grin: :thumbsup: Can't wait to hear more!!

Heres the Video of the Limited Edition Side Trak getting signed by the creator Russ Kumro (RKGames) and yes some lucky person here will have one of these in there collection!!! :lust: :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PC6IZrVSHA

Edited by RelliK111

• 3 weeks later...

post-27857-0-39477200-1340675660_thumb.jpg

Great News here is a picture of the 3rd Prize: Two Special 30th Anniversary Patches Encased in a Specially Made Acrylic Case Perfect for Display!!! There placed back to back so you see the patch from either side. Thanks so much for the help of ColecoMaster, and without him this very cool prize would not be possible. I'm hoping to get a picture up of the 2nd prize in the near future so stay tuned. I would love to hear what people think of the patches ;) :thumbsup:

Edited by RelliK111

• 3 weeks later...

*****I'm Very Sad to Announce today that the Raffle for the Mario Bros Proto #4, Side Traks LMTD ED, and Patch Display has been officially canceled do to lack of participation. Unfortunately I have sold no raffle numbers since April and I had huge hopes that adding 2 more prizes to the raffle would spark some interest but it was to no avail :_( Anyone who put money into the raffle please feel free to send me a PM and I will be more than happy to refund your money. I'm sorry and I hope I didn't let anyone down, I thought it was a great, new, and fun idea. Its just unfortunate that we couldn't get more people to participate.*****

Thank you all that did participate it really means a lot for your support, and thanks to everyone that helped to promote the raffle.

Edited by RelliK111

I wonder if a lot of people were like me watching for numbers to get filled up before entering....

I think it needed a bit more advertising.. maybe in the marketplace with regular bumps.

Ya I had it on the marketplace but it didn't help. 65Gamerguy advertised it on his youtube channel (Thanks so much for that 65Gamerguy ;) :thumbsup:) and I even put it up on ebay under the Mario Bros Proto #3 that sold. I tried everything I could to advertise it, so I feel good about that. I think your right there was probably a lot of people just waiting but I couldn't keep it going on that unfortunately.