IGNORED

Patches on PowerPak?

retrogamer73

You need to use a program like LIPS to patch the rom. Most patched roms work fine as long as there is a mapper for them. Also check out the newest save state mappers, they work great. I have a nice custom mapper set , made by mixing and matching different mapper files to get almost all roms, with a mapper written for them, to work. I messed around with these to get Crystalis and Karnov to work properly. If you want them let me know I can e-mail them to you.

As for patching yes you need the IPSwin patcher just google it and download it. The you can go to romhacking.net they have some awesome patches. Its super simple to use to just get a rom. enter it in the patcher, then enter the downloaded patch and abracadabra you get a new game.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been around. Here are the mappers I use. Alot of the troublesome games work with the such as Crystalis , Karnov, Paperboy, and Castlevania 3, as well as some chinese pirates like Tomb Raider. All I did was mix and match different mappers from the stuff posted on nes.dev and Nintendoage. Hope they help you out.

POWERPAK.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I've got my PowerPak on the way; I'm not even sure what you guys are talking about, lol! I guess the mappers that come with the PowerPak aren't completely up to date?...or are these just some of the few games that won't work due to specialized chips?

I'm sticking to the simple stuff; I tried to install MAME the other day and brother, it didn't go well at all!...lol, I gotta keep it simple but in order to get the best experience, I'm guessin' I'm going to have to learn some of this technical stuff.

there is a few well known games that don't register controller inputs on the nes with the powerpak. Dirty Harry, Captain Planet, Paperboy, Infiltrator, last starfighter and mad Max.. Does anybody have the ips patches for these to fix these to post?

Thanks

This mapper set fixes those problems and gives you save states too!

http://kkfos.aspekt.fi/projects/nes/powerpak/save-state-mappers/

there is a few well known games that don't register controller inputs on the nes with the powerpak. Dirty Harry, Captain Planet, Paperboy, Infiltrator, last starfighter and mad Max.. Does anybody have the ips patches for these to fix these to post?

Thanks

http://kkfos.aspekt....-state-mappers/

wow, this is great, does the guy over at retrozone know about these? he should be linking to your site from his. I can't wait to try this out... save states... wow!

Thanks

http://kkfos.aspekt....-state-mappers/

wow, this is great, does the guy over at retrozone know about these? he should be linking to your site from his. I can't wait to try this out... save states... wow!

It's not my work, I'm just sharing the link :)

Bunnyboy is aware of these. He doesn't link to 3rd party mappers.

i tried those mappers out with the save states, it doesn't fix them i have rom vers 1.12 with card vers 1.35b. I used the 1.5 version of his save state mappers on top of 1.35b and without em and all versions of those games don't register controller inputs. lame

I just tried Paperboy and Captain Planet and both work. My ROMs are from the latest No-Intro set. In case it matters, I'm in an NTSC region.

Hey goldenegg what are these no intro roms. Ive not heard of them.

Scott

I found THIS info on the first site that appears when I Googled "no intro roms" crazy huh?

What is "No-Intro"?

What "No-Intro" does is fill some .dat files, to be used with ROM-Managers, with information about the known ROMS released. Often there are more versions of the same ROM dump, but most of them are garbage, some examples may include: bad dumps, hacks, fakes, overdumps, underdumps, and so on. "No-Intro" lists only the best available ROM; it must be a full dump with no faults and no changes to the file, basically just the ROMS that are the closest as possible to the original licensed cartridges.

http://www.no-intro.org/about.htm

Ok reading about no-intro roms makes me want to check them out.

Hey goldenegg, any chance of you posting your set?

Or at least pm them to me,id like to check them.

Thanks

Scott

Ok reading about no-intro roms makes me want to check them out.

Hey goldenegg, any chance of you posting your set?

Or at least pm them to me,id like to check them.

Thanks

Scott

ok nevermind, got my google on.

I found a no-intro set and is downloading right now.

cant wait to check them out!

Scott