IGNORED

Converting a Scramble to 60-in-one Jamma

Chuck D. Head

I have an opportunity to pick up a cosmetically nice Scramble cab real cheap. I have limited space for cabs, so I would like to put a jamma 60-in-one in this to give my guests opportunity to play other games. This will leave me enough room for a four-player game (x-men, turtles, etc.) an EM pinball and a modern pinball. What will I need to do in order to convert the non-jamma cabinet for the jamma board? I just need the basics, so you dont need to go into too much detail?

Your best bet is just to buy a new deluxe Jamma harness from Bob Roberts and rewire the cab. If it doesn't have a switching power supply you will need to get on of those as well. In addition you may need to modify you control panel to accommodate the game's needs (more button, multiple directional joystick, etc).

The cab some with a vertically mounted monitor so it will be great for all of the classics, Pac Man, Galaga, DK, etc.

Your best bet is just to buy a new deluxe Jamma harness from Bob Roberts and rewire the cab. If it doesn't have a switching power supply you will need to get on of those as well. In addition you may need to modify you control panel to accommodate the game's needs (more button, multiple directional joystick, etc).

The cab some with a vertically mounted monitor so it will be great for all of the classics, Pac Man, Galaga, DK, etc.

Thanks for the reply. Bob Roberts "super - super fully loaded Jamma harness kit" sounds as deluxe as it comes! Although, it looks as if I will also need to pick up a crimp tool to do the Molex connectors. Edited by Chuck D. Head

Well, I have a Scramble! My wife asked if I was going to get it; I said "no I dont feel like spending the money right now", so she went and got it and surprised me with it! Looks bone stock, the coin mech needed popped back in and everthing worked fine except the joystick, which was wonky. Someone tried to fix it by stealing the switches from the left action buttons and it was pretty jacked up so I ordered a new one. Cosmetically it is great, except for the paint below the joystick. There was a big washer there that wore the paint away with the motion of the stick. I'm just gonna enjoy playing it for now and come back to the 60-in-1 thing later when I get bored with one game. Why do I feel like a junkie who just got their first fix?