IGNORED

Please help decide about SGM and Donkey Kong box(es)

opcode

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which box option would you prefer for the SGM and DK?

• Separate boxes, Coleco style for the SGM, Opcode style for DK. $10 extra for the SGM
    • Single box, Coleco hardware style, with DK as the pack-in game. Game may ship outside the box for legal reasons
    • Single box, Opcode book style for easy access. Box is for DK, with the SGM as the pack-in expansion

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I need to decide what I am going to do in terms of packaging for both the SGM and Donkey Kong.

The 3 options we have are:

1) Have separate boxes for both. DK will follow the new Opcode template (book style), while SGM will follow the Coleco template for hardware. However you would pay a bit more for this option, especifically for the SGM.

2) Have a single box, using the SGM as the base product and DK as it's pack-in game. Coleco hardware style box. We may not be able to ship both in the same box though due to legal issues, but the slot for the DK cartridge would be already there nonetheless.

3) Have a single box, using DK as the base product and the SGM as the pack-in hardware. Opcode bookstyle box. Easy access for both module and game due to the bookstyle layout.

Feel free to post questions and comments.

Edited by opcode

I voted for Option #1 - Separate Boxes

While it is true that the additional controllers came with a pack-in game without a box, the Expansion Module #1: Atari VCS Adapter did not come with a game... you had to provide your own, which when bought came in a box. I feel that the Super Game Module should follow this same precedent that was set for the Exp. Mod. #1, especially since it is an Expansion Interface and not a controller.

Plus, and a very big plus, look at all the stress Coleco caused us by not making boxes for Turbo, Slither and Super Action Baseball. :_( Thankfully, Phattyboombatty has taken care or Turbo and hopefully the others will be addressed soon enough.

Now if we are talking about CollectorVision's Arcade Quality Controller, I have no problem with the pack-in pinball game being supplied loose like the games supplied with the special Coleco controllers... especially if a box is eventually made available for it.

• Like 1

Now if we are talking about CollectorVision's Arcade Quality Controller, I have no problem with the pack-in pinball game being supplied loose like the games supplied with the special Coleco controllers... especially if a box is eventually made available for it.

Yep! THE way to go!

Pack-in game ..... THEN... later, offer to buy a box