IGNORED

Endless flow of games from Venezuela?

Rev

Cool, the stuff I ordered may only take about a month. Not bad. But we we shall see.....

Estimated delivery: Between Monday, Oct. 22 and Friday, Nov. 2

I ordered a bunch of games in early September, coming up on 1 month now. I recall the last few people here saying that they got theirs in about a month. Here's hoping :-)

Just bought some games on ebay from eightiesvault yesterday, then got an email today saying they have suspended mail service to North America for 90 days while they "sort out" all the delays, he refunded me right away but I wouldn't buy any games from there for a while. They can still ship fedex but it will be expensive

Just bought some games on ebay from eightiesvault yesterday, then got an email today saying they have suspended mail service to North America for 90 days while they "sort out" all the delays, he refunded me right away but I wouldn't buy any games from there for a while. They can still ship fedex but it will be expensive

Bummer! I ordered mine from miferpa01 [fingers crossed]

Yes, they show me a letter saying that they will suspend any shipments in any service for 90 days to re-organize the service they provide to America (The Continent, from Canada to Argentina) and I´m still in shock about that, no more shipemnts this year but my only hope is that they improve the service once for all and stop the damm delays.

Right now, deliveries to Us (45 days my oldest package) and Canada (2 month the oldest) are very slow and I ask for patience for the people who are waiting, There is also Presidential election next Sunday and that may also has affected deliveries.

Fedex is expensier (30$ the first 1/2 Kilo) but only takes 5 days.

• 2 months later...

So I just (finally) received my games from Venezuela (miferpa01). They spent a lot of time at the airport in Maiquetia. They were shipped on September 10th and I received them the first week of December (almost 3 months later). It was so long that they dropped from my "purchase history" list on eBay, so I couldn't even access the tracking info through eBay anymore (i never wrote down the tracking number).

I had ordered 9 total games (all factory sealed) including a bunch of Intellivision, Inc games and some Activisions. I was really excited about the Activision games, especially since I recently decided to try to collect a full set of the Activision games factory sealed. I ordered Pitfall, Dreadnaught Factor, and Beamrider, but......

Dreadnaught Factor: Game looked great! Factory sealed and mint.

Beamrider: Mint and brand new, but it wasn't factory sealed! :( I already had a decent opened copy and was kinda disappointed, although it was a mint copy so not really a loss.

Pitfall: I know this isn't a super-valuable game, but this one was also not factory sealed AND had water damage....not from the transport (the packaging job was excellent), but it was old water damage and moldy. The manual stuck to the inner box, so now both are ruined. The outer box was noticeably warped, so I'm kinda mad that they didn't notice when they were packing it. AND they should have noticed that it wasn't factory sealed like I ordered. Again, not a pricey game, but I already have like 5 mint opened copies of Pitfall. The point was for me to get a factory sealed one.

Expecting little to nothing in the way of resolving this, I sent a message to the seller about a week ago. No response. They were originally really cool when I was ordering and had replied (within a few days) to a couple of messages at the 1 and 2 month marks, so I'm not really trying to dis the seller at all. If they reply and offer to work out some sort of deal, I'd be happy, but I'm expecting little. Most of the lot was totally OK and only the cheapest game was damaged, so NBD I suppose. I think I was just bummed out because I waited 3 months and it just seems like an avoidable mistake. Anyway.....

If anyone has an extra factory sealed Beamrider and/or Pitfall and would like to trade for near mint opened copies (and possibly a little something extra to make up the difference), let me know :)

I wont order any more games until the shipping rices come down. Rightnow its a rip off.

When i ordered my case of Night Stalkers back in 2010 i got away with one. The seller screwed up and didn't set the shipping prices properly. He wanted an insane amount, probably about the same the sellers are asking for now. But he made a goof and set them real cheap. After the auction was over and i paid, he tried to get me to pay more. But i didn't pay a penny more. I guess he finally decided to bite the bullet and own up to his mistake and shipped the games anyway with no hassle.

I was OK with the price. It ended up being like an average of $10 per game and (supposedly) all nine factory sealed including the three Activision. The Intellivision Inc games were Shark Shark, AD&D, Vectron, Soccer, Triple Action, and Space Battle. I needed all of those for my Intellivision, Inc collection. I think I need like 5 more (Backgammon, Sea Battle, Roulette, Mr Basic, & Super Series Baseball) to complete the 48 that I know of.

Yeah, I think I'm done with Venezuela games for a while. Too inconsistent. Too much risk. Three months!

Hmmmm... I recently ordered an Atari Taiwan Cooper game from "liwer 2006" and the shipping was free?!?!? Other games listed in his store (including Intellivision) have S&H of $13... in retrospect I should have asked why the shipping was free. I guess I'll get it at the start of the spring if I get it at all...

Hmmmm... I recently ordered an Atari Taiwan Cooper game from "liwer 2006" and the shipping was free?!?!? Other games listed in his store (including Intellivision) have S&H of $13... in retrospect I should have asked why the shipping was free. I guess I'll get it at the start of the spring if I get it at all...

I asked them (liwer 2006) about the free shipping just to be sure and they said it was correct. Good luck on receiving them. Those Taiwan Cooper boxes have some neat box art, BTW.

I finally received a package of games from Liwer2006 last week that I ordered in early September and everything was good. I'm still waiting on a much larger order from Eightiesvault and I have to say that I am pretty irritated that the guy isn't even responding anymore given that it's been three months. In fact, he isn't even on Ebay actively selling anymore. Not sure what I can do if the games never show up or are damaged since it's been over 14 weeks since I paid for them.

I received the game today, it was shipped from NY so that explains the free shipping. Does anybody know if these Taiwan Cooper games came with instructions?

I suspect Liwer2006 is working with or is the same as a seller named Topol on Ebay out of New York. It sure seems like they have many of the same items listed.

I suspect Liwer2006 is working with or is the same as a seller named Topol on Ebay out of New York. It sure seems like they have many of the same items listed.

Interesting hypothesis but I think Topol777 is just a seller buying games from Liwer2006 to sell in his store. I was checking Liwer2006's feedback and noticed Topol bought a bunch of games that he recently listed. I've bought several items from Topol before as well, he's a good guy.

Cooper games have no instruction book, any instructions to play the game are on the box.

• 2 months later...

For those interested there is an interesting topic right now in the 2600 section about Customs destroying sealed games coming from Venezuela. For a long time i thought i was alone with the incident with Mind Strike. Looks like it's happened to quite a few people.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/209423-us-dept-homeland-security-destroys-shrink-wrapped-games/

See, here is something I might have bid on, but it's in Venezuela:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1409273072401?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&camp

I'd be terrified that customs would open it and destroy the box. It'll probably go for several hundred dollars.

The seller only has 98.2% feedback.. Most of the negatives from the last 12 months are from items not received:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=liwer2006&iid=140927307240&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365

..Al