IGNORED

Isometric tiles

karri

I found my old copy of HeroQuest for the Amiga yesterday and played it on my Ubuntu laptop for a while.

The original game looks very nice.

post-2099-0-39011000-1331709500_thumb.png

I wonder if it could look great on a Lynx also? A clever graphics artist might be able to draw just a triangle sprite that could be flipped to make squares. Like this:

post-2099-0-13200100-1331709614_thumb.png post-2099-0-27957700-1331709631_thumb.png

What do you think? Would this work or is it too little variation to create good eye candy?

The important thing is to make the characters and monsters stand out to make this playable. And of course you have to be able to see the squares clearly in order to plan your moves.

The size of the triangle would be 16 pixels wide and 18 pixels high (in the orientation shown here).

--

Karri

Edited by karri

Quite interesting way of doing it, but I wonder if it would introduce trouble with showing sprites visibility order for the z-plane doing it this way? Just a quick thought.

Yes. There will be problems with Z-order. Some characters may be obscured by objects so I have to pay attention to drawing order.

--

Karri