IGNORED

Issues with a "Tennis Tourney" cabinet

c_t_f

I've been having a couple problems with a "2 or 4 Player Tennis Tourney" game. (www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10072)

I'm brand-spanking-new to cabinet ownership. Since this is my first arcade cabinet, and since I have very recently gotten it off of Craigslist (for free!), I'm not exactly how to fix these problems... Yet.

One problem is that the ball doesn't detect collision with the paddle in the game, thus the ball passes right through the paddle all the time, and causing the left player to always win with the score 15 to 0, no matter how hard the right player tries to hit the ball. Perhaps there's a switch loose, or the game's broken beyond repair?

Another thing is that the sound is very quiet. Sure it's there, but it's very difficult to hear. Maybe there's a knob or something on the inside to adjust, I'm not sure.

And the last thing, the quarters are always getting jammed in the slot, and even though it's a quick fix, it gets very annoying to do over and over, and it's difficult to get the quarters to count as a credit rather than have it pop back out the return slot each time.

Thanks!

@CTF@

http://files.arcadecontrols.com/details.php?image_id=2279

DaMN!! That's a nice classic pickup, but it looks like it's a big ole' stack of discrete logic and one hell of a project you

have ahead of you.

I would start by cleaning everything, brush out and reseat all the interconnects (this might fix the missing collision logic)

and inspect the boards for blown transistors, burnt resistors, corroded traces, mouse droppings...etc

You should replace all the electrolitic caps since their lifespan is about 15-20 years.

...and pics of the beasty please :twisted: