IGNORED

What are people's opinion here of MINECRAFT?

I enjoy it quite a bit myself. I build, I hunt things down, I explore cave systems/abandoned mines/strongholds/nether fortresses.

And I trap spawners and otherwise devise ways to destroy mobs without having to lift my sword!

The two best systems I've built so far include a Record Factory, and the Skelezombie farm.

The record factory makes use of a dark room trap to generate mobs and a skeleton spawner at the bottom of a shaft. Stuff spawns in the dark room, get flushed out and land at the bottom. The shaft is open to sunlight so skeletons ad zombies burn off leaving behind creepers and the occational spider (the dark room is technically high enough to kill a spider, but they're annoying pests)

Once I get enough creepers at the bottom, I open up the side walls so the skeletons on the far side can see me. They shoot at me, hitting the creepers in the middle. Creepers that die to skeleton arrows drop records! After everything's dead, I flush the items safely out to me.

The Skelezombie farm is a system making use of a skeleton and a zombie spawner that are close enough that the player can activate both at the same time easily. The mobs spawn and get flushed up a water elevator and held. When I'm ready to harvest, I hit a switch that pushes those mobs up top over the edge to the point where they have just 1hp when they land in a contained hole in front of me. I throw in a splash potion of healing that damages -undead- mobs and they all die at once, dropping enough experience orbs to blind me for a couple minutes. ;)

Edited by Mord

I enjoyed it, since I have more fun building than just about any other gameplay type. However personally I'd still like a little more 'game' in my game, meaning that I wasn't pleased with the difficulty level. I bought it hoping it would eventually evolve into something with a larger sense of danger. A few new enemy types did evolve, but there were no hoards, or giant baddies with the ability to threaten my carefully constructed fortress. What I'd like is zombie-godzilla to stop by every now again and send me cowering into my carefully crafted saferoom while everything else crumbles under his mighty feet.

After a few day/night cycles, I'm feeling too safe, and am really only having fun the first night living in a dirt hole.

I also don't game on PC regularly, so I'm looking forward to the 360 version.

After a few day/night cycles, I'm feeling too safe, and am really only having fun the first night living in a dirt hole.

For people like yourself who want to feel endangered ;) there are player made maps available by various people on the minecraft forums. Vechs makes some of the meanest maps. Those maps typically have goals to achieve and special areas created, usually via mcedit and other such level editors (to allow placement of spawners - including creeper and ghast spawners!)