IGNORED

Combined purchases on ePay not appreciated

the.golden.ax

Do you love it when an eBay seller makes all of their listings regular auctions without a buy it now option, and you bid on a bunch. For example: this guy was selling some Xbox games. I scored Midway Arcade Classics 1 & 2 for $6 in one lot. Great price. I also bid on some of his other listings. The item I won had 2 days left, the others had up to 9 days left. He starts getting hostile that I didn't pay for the $6 win after three days. We are talking about someone (me) with an 8 year 4000+ history and a $6 item, that wants to buy a few more things from the same seller. Not a "0", not a $100 item, nothing risky or shady. I was kind and simply reminded him of my other bids. The other auctions closed yesterday. Sadly I wasn't around and my proxies were popped. I didn't win, but I did make him more money by having proxies in the first place (auctions don't work if you don't have bidders). He writes me all irate today demanding payment TODAY OR ELSE. He's lucky I even went online. Day of Holidays are a no-no in my house. Wife and kids come first. Due to a wacky night having to take one of my kids to the ER (excited over Easter baskets my sons were not sleeping and messing around, they had a mishap with dropping a bed on my oldest sons head. *ah kids*) anyway, I paid the guy, but this isn't an isolated incident. People don't appreciate multi-win buyers. Why the frack is that? I usually even offer to pay the bid but not the shipping, and people act like it's some kind of scam. The world (specifically eBay in general) is full of illogical tards.

AX

• Like 2

I've done that before a few times without incident. I'd win an item or two and quickly email the seller that there were other items ending in a few days times and if he minded if I waited to see if I won those too so everything could be packed and shipped at once. Usually I get the opposite response that they're more than happy to wait.

The reasoning is simple - If I win more that's less packing to do. Instead of shipping 50 items to 50 places a seller can ship 10 items to one person. Makes sense to me but perhaps in your case AX, this person was just really hard up for immediate cash, I can't say for sure, and some people are just simple ignorant dumbasses which may easily be the case with your seller.

They didn't respond at all when I asked them to wait on the other listings I was bidding on. Just the harsh email this morning, fresh from waking up grumpy and groggy, I yelled at the guy and paid him. Now he said he won't send them, and isn't selling them to me :? then wished me a happy Easter. I told him I want my games in reply. Said I wouldn't neg him or anything provided I get my games as described. Reminded him the reason for the day: Forgiveness, and told him I forgive him for his "grumpy" if he can forgive me for mine. Hope all ends well, but golly. I'm spending my money, a modicum of respect for your customer wouldn't freaking hurt. *sigh* it must be me, it's always me. I get it, I'm bad. :lol:

If you ask them for combined shipping,before the auction ends and they dont reply.....dont buy.

I have found that people who dont respond to questions are generally the ones who are slow to ship,pack

crappy,and will not respond to any problems after the sale

And then you will sit and wait to get any feedback.Because they either think thier to good to give it,

or they "want to make sure your happy" line

We "forgave" each other in the spirit of the day and he is sending my stuff. He had four non-payers this week and was grumpy because of that. I was grumpy early in the morning being told "or else" we clashed. The sentiment however of the general Bayers out there that don't like combined buyers (on standard auctions) stands. Without bids their little start bids go for peanuts in the end. I was a pivotal component in his auctions ending higher. All is well that ends well I guess. We could have avoided the drama with a little common sense.

Since ebay started charging a fee on shipping charges I would think it's more important than ever to try and combine shipping. (If someone pays for items seperately and then wants combined shipping, you don't get reimbursed for fees lost to ebay.)

Sounds like it will work out for you. I'm surprised this guy doesn't care more about his fb score.

I haven't had any problems with people combining shipping for multiple purchases days apart. I just make sure to notify them before or immediately after the first auction is over that that is what I'm doing.

I'm very curious about how much money I have made eBay in the last eighteen months by being the runner-up in auctions. I hope that their system is keeping track of this -- total dollar amount bid, regardless of whether you win or not. I used to play online poker (when it wasn't illegal), and those sites kept track of how much you wagered, whether you won the pot or not. You had to wager a certain amount in order to claim bonus money.

Combining shipments is a seller's best friend. It saves on packing materials and you can get rid of those pesky larger boxes in one fell swoop! I sell on eXtortion Bay (very little though) as I would want things to be if I was buying from me - combining items, no profit on shipping, mostly auction bids starting at low prices (I like to see how the chips fall), answer questions promptly and corteously, and willing to work almost anything out with a buyer who has a proven track record. The less drama the better - but Ax, I understand the occassional Grumpitude!!!!! Glad it's working out.

The overwhelming majority of stuff I sell on eBay goes to people that I would never meet were I to offer the same items in a yard sale, i.e., the buying audience is global not local, so I am happy to sell the stuff to whoever wants to buy it (hell, some of it I probably wouldn't even know about its value if it wasn't for the internet), and if that means a repeat customer and combining purchases, I'm okay with that.

It is worse when sellers say they don't combine shipping, but then they throw all of the items in one box without proper packing and still charge the separate shipping price. If they say they won't combine shipping then the items should be sent in separate packages. It is not as bad as sellers refusing to send the item to a winner when they didn't get the bids they expected.

It is worse when sellers say they don't combine shipping, but then they throw all of the items in one box without proper packing and still charge the separate shipping price. If they say they won't combine shipping then the items should be sent in separate packages. It is not as bad as sellers refusing to send the item to a winner when they didn't get the bids they expected.

In two cases like that I specifically uncombined the purchase and made sure to pay for one, wait for it to ship, then pay for the next. I order my Amazon items the same way since they charge you a ship fee for each item in the marketplace. If you are paying full price, you should certainly get each in its own package.

In two cases like that I specifically uncombined the purchase and made sure to pay for one, wait for it to ship, then pay for the next. I order my Amazon items the same way since they charge you a ship fee for each item in the marketplace. If you are paying full price, you should certainly get each in its own package.

Dang Ax, you are a crafty one =)

Probably gets you some extra boxes to use for when you are shipping stuff out.

If you ask them for combined shipping,before the auction ends and they dont reply.....dont buy.

I have found that people who dont respond to questions are generally the ones who are slow to ship,pack

crappy,and will not respond to any problems after the sale

And then you will sit and wait to get any feedback.Because they either think thier to good to give it,

or they "want to make sure your happy" line

That is very true. I asked a seller one time, where is my item or has it been shipped so I can watch for it several times: no answer. All I ask is a simple answer and I get a brick wall in response.

That is very true. I asked a seller one time, where is my item or has it been shipped so I can watch for it several times: no answer. All I ask is a simple answer and I get a brick wall in response.

In situations like that, assuming the item arrived in good shape and working condition I'll leave a positive feedback but in the section about satisfaction with seller communication they get one or two stars.