IGNORED

What Genesis game are you playing right now?

MagitekAngel

I find a good strategy for Mona & Lisa is to stand still. When one comes jumping at you move a little if necessary to avoid being hit, but you don't always have to... and hit them with your back-attack when they land, almost always guarantees a hit.

Interesting. I'll try that. They're the main sticking point in beating this game.

• 2 weeks later...

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon (thank you Sailor Moon Crystal for making me want to play these again) through emulation, the real thing is far too expensive for me. I usually follow it up though with the 2 SFC beat em ups, Bishoujo and Sailor Moon R. They make for a nice little marathon, working slowly towards at least getting the SFC titles over time.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I got a personal best in Lightening Force - that game is so much fun! I want to get better at shmups, because I suck at them but really enjoy the game play. I got through 3/4 of the selectable levels, and ended with 545,230 points. Probably super low, but I was excited about the score. I could not figure out how to attack the end boss of the water level, but I can't wait to play again and figure him out. The selectable level progress is nice because I know that's the part I need to practice, so I can just jump straight into that level. That game is a blast!!

I also played a tiny bit of Shining Force 1 and 2 to test the carts I just got, but no progress was made in those games. I think I am going to start alternating between Shining Force and Lightening Force for my Genesis play.

Picked up Tengen's Ms Pac-Man. I've found it difficult to control with the standard Sega Gamepad and it doesn't seem to like the Asciiware arcade stick I acquired either.

The Zoom feature people have spoken about only speeds up Ms. Pac-Man from what I can tell. It's not the "Zoom" modification a lot of the arcade cabinets had added to it that sped up the entire game 2x to 10x the normal speed back in the day.

Picked up Tengen's Ms Pac-Man. I've found it difficult to control with the standard Sega Gamepad and it doesn't seem to like the Asciiware arcade stick I acquired either.

The Zoom feature people have spoken about only speeds up Ms. Pac-Man from what I can tell. It's not the "Zoom" modification a lot of the arcade cabinets had added to it that sped up the entire game 2x to 10x the normal speed back in the day.

Be careful with Ms. Pac-Man -- there's some subtle incompatibility with 6-button pads and sticks. Try holding down MODE and see if the controls tighten up.

Be careful with Ms. Pac-Man -- there's some subtle incompatibility with 6-button pads and sticks. Try holding down MODE and see if the controls tighten up.

I'll try that. But the gamepad I used was a standard Sega 3 button pad. Maybe I'll try it with my other 3 Sega pads. Perhaps I should acquire the Tengen pads and try them!

I often play that one with a ASCII SG-6 Fighting Stick. I have to hold Mode down to get it to work.

The control in the game is a little loose. I find using a stick helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...