IGNORED

Sega Saturn wont spin game

xDragonWarrior

i got a Sega Saturn for $6.06 from a thrift store yesterday but when i plugged in ac adapter(not official Saturn adapter)and i noticed that the game did not spin at all.i moved the lens piece from the front to the back and closed the lid and when i opened it back,the piece moved back to the front so it cant be broke.the access light is flashing red and because i dont have the AV cords i cant see what's going on on the screen.the power light does not blink,it stays green.so what up?

Can't tell you for sure, but it sounds like what happened when the modchip in mine died. Without seeing the screen output, it's hard to say what's wrong.

What "ac adapter" are you using, anyways? I don't remember it requiring one; only a plain cord.

Laser could be dead, if the laser is dead it won't detect the disc and hence won't spin. The lasers are very easy to replace, depending on what model you have, the lasers are also reasonably priced. The one I replaced in mine was a JVC optima-6s (which funnily enough was also in a particular revision Sega CD2)

Open it up and use good amount of silicon lubricant (NOT WD-40) into the spindle and its bearing, then spin it by hand to work out any kinks. I did this to a PS2 that wouldn't spin discs and it fixed the problem.