IGNORED

Building a secret gaming room...

This might be the most facepalm-inducing thread I've ever suffered through on AtariAge.

It really tickles the ol' gag reflex to watch a guy get judged and coached on family matters by righteous indignant "moral compass" types hiding anonymously behind retrogaming avatars. I've seen some dumb shit on the internet, but this might take the cake.

If you're too much of a puritanical fuddy-duddy to appreciate the blissful oblivion of a secret, debaucherous tryst with some 8-bit sprites and maybe the odd light gun, then that's fantastic--your "Husband of the Year" lapel pins are in the mail. But for crying out loud, get back to watching The View and keep the comments to yourselves.

You forgot to say something about sandy vaginas. They always say that to me on AA when I get pissy over something :lol:

• Like 2

Since you're building a secret gaming room, I'm building an obvious gaming room in plain sight on my roof with reinforced glass for walls and for the ceiling. Try making a moral standpoint about that, people.

Since you're building a secret gaming room, I'm building an obvious gaming room in plain sight on my roof with reinforced glass for walls and for the ceiling. Try making a moral standpoint about that, people.

You're doing it without your wife's knowledge while she's on vacation to visit her family though. You're a disrespectful husband and terrible parent. I hope your wife throws all the new shoes she secretly bought on her visit through your glass walls.

• Like 1

You're doing it without your wife's knowledge while she's on vacation to visit her family though. You're a disrespectful husband and terrible parent. I hope your wife throws all the new shoes she secretly bought on her visit through your glass walls.

You're posting this without consulting your wife's knowledge while she's out at the hospital with her uncle to visit her brother who got in a car wreck. You're a horrifiyingly awful husband and generally assholish neighbor. I hope your wife deuces your wheelbarrow through the Costanza gate to another place and dime. Anyway, back in my day, the nickels had bees on 'em. "Five bees for a nickel", you'd say...

• Like 2

You're posting this without consulting your wife's knowledge while she's out at the hospital with her uncle to visit her brother who got in a car wreck. You're a horrifiyingly awful husband and generally assholish neighbor. I hope your wife deuces your wheelbarrow through the Costanza gate to another place and dime. Anyway, back in my day, the nickels had bees on 'em. "Five bees for a nickel", you'd say...

I actually am an assholish neighbor since I built my secret game room in my neighbor's basement so I could blame him if my wife ever discovered it.

[Actual side note... my 80 year old neighbor actually does have a mint original Pac-Man upright in his basement, so right there, technically, he is already has a way cooler game room than I do... but, I digress.]

• Like 1

I actually am an assholish neighbor since I built my secret game room in my neighbor's basement so I could blame him if my wife ever discovered it.

[Actual side note... my 80 year old neighbor actually does have a mint original Pac-Man upright in his basement, so right there, technically, he is already has a way cooler game room than I do... but, I digress.]

wow, have you ever played the pac-man? maybe one day you could get it from him :grin:

You guys crack me up, lol

Well, got a lot of work done this weekend. It's not complete or anything. Still needs a lot of interior work and I need to build the secret entrance but i have it good enough for daily gaming so I will probably drag ass finishing it since playing games is way cooler than working, lol

Moved some stuff in, still have a TON of stuff so I will have to start using my space wisely or get rid of shitty games...

post-9102-0-99641600-1336495016_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-59819200-1336495040_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-52925600-1336495068_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-81613100-1336495096_thumb.jpg

post-9102-0-93754500-1336495130_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I think it looks great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And that opinion doesn't change depending on whether or not your marriage survives the lies and deceit of the mission.

I wish I had a secret unused unwanted space in our house. The area under our stairs is way too small to do anything cool with.

Looks neat. The difference between building a game room and lets say a train room, is you don't need the "zoning commission" (aka. the wife) to build a game room. It just stays in one spot. For a train layout that eventually expands into laundry territory, then you gotta get permission-especially if your wife has to duck under the plywood every time.

That's looking nice! I need to do a thread like this for my new game room, but I still have a ways to go.

Thanks man, did you notice I went with your futon suggestion :) fits perfect, and I can take a "secret nap" if needed

I didn't even notice that. Glad I could help. :)