IGNORED

Lynx II General question

Hiddenevil

Hi there

I've finally branched out from lurking in the 2600 section and bought myself a Lynx. It was listed as faulty along with a copy of scrapyard dog. However i put some freshly charged rechargables in it's powered up and working fine.

Just one initial question..my batteries lasted all of about 15 minutes before the Lynx's screen slowly began to go dark. I kept upping the contrast until it just went black/green. Now i remember owning an old LCD TV from the 90's and it would usually do this when it went flat. The power LED didn't blink like on my game gear, it did look like it was flickering tho, very quickly.

I tried turning it back on again and the screen would be find, then slowly go black/green again and finally the power LED would fade.

Also the sound would go. Now i know people might be laughing at me. But having not owned a Lynx and reading some of the hardware issues with the screen. I'm a right in thinking this isn't a screen fault, just that my rechargable batteries are not up to the job of powering the console?

Many thanks

James

Have you tested it with a brand new set of 2500mAh rechargeables? You should get 4 to 5 hours - I do.

I would certainly take a look inside if it is eating batteries, and look for capacitors with buldging tops but I would be amazed if that was the cause of such strong battery drain... Test with a new set and post back results.

and if it works with new batteries, definitely try and find an adapter for it... the lifetime of batteries for the lynx are no fun at all. I used rechargable batteries in the past, but if they're a bit old they won't be of any help I believe..